I'm man enough to admit it!

HuskerT

Who is the QB coach? You have to at least give him credit despite the overall poor coaching. Look how Ganz has developed in four years.

In comparison to Zac Taylor, Ganz is a much better runner, and has a stronger arm. So I think he is more talented than Taylor. In comparison to Josh Freeman, at the present time I think Ganz is the better QB. Freeman has more physical talent -- stronger arm, better size, etc. -- but Ganz appears to be better at throwing the ball under pressure. And the QB who handles pressure the best is always the better QB. He would probably be the brigher QB.

Now in defense to Freeman, he is probably not fully developed yet, so we will see how he does in his junior and senior seasons. But right now the edge goes to Ganz.

As much as I love what is happening there are still 2 unknowns:

1 - How watered down is the offense to make up for a second string QB?

2 - JG knows this is probably his best shot at starting next year. With Witt and Lee coming out next year, this is the best time to make himself the man to beat for the job next year.

First it was supposed to be Beck then Freeman and finally Keller. I never thought Ganz would ever see much playing time if any. He was never talked about much by Callahan. It was nice to see him get his chance. I wonder what it would have been like though, if he was put in early in the year and had to keep looking over his shoulder to see if Callahan was waiting for him to mess up, and Keller ready to step back in. You know what I mean. He couldn't have had a better scenario to get his chance. Nothing to lose, go for it every down, play like its your last chance, you couldn't have scripted it any better. Now we have all seen what he can do with no heat on him, next game will be the big test, I think. He brought back memories of how the Husker's used to look, moving up and down the field. I like his fire and the way he handles the team. I don't know if he will be the starter next year or not, but he sure will get a "real" chance to win it. I don't know if he was given that this year.

I wish the best for Keller, he did all he could to win and was a class act by every thing I read or heard. He was cheering just as much as everyone else on Saturday when they showed him on the side lines. To bad he got hurt, but some times things happen for a reason.

GBR!!!

Excellent point about Ganz getting a "real" shot at starting job next year. I'm convinced that Keller being named the starter was predetermined and I can't say that I blame BC for it considering the circumstances at the time. This time the starting QB battle won't just be window dressing.