EX-HUSKERs

Bears good...Puckers, Viqueens and Detoilet Kitties bad.

That's all you really need to know.

If you need more....Mike Brown is a Bear when healthy.

Now if only he had 42 more Bears on that team Chicago wouldn't suck so bad.....

(Sorry..it's a rivalry thing!)

My Bears made the superbowl last year. They'd easily be going back again if not for a couple of bad decisions (trading Thomas Jones), some key injuries (both starting CB's, a couple of safeties, 2 DT's, a LB and a Guard.

Even with grossman or griese at QB they'd still do it if they had a healthy defense and a decent run game.

My suggestion is to pick a team that has a system and some class... In baseball, I've always admired the Oakland A's and the Minnesota Twins - small payrolls and a fan base that is animated and loyal...

In football -- I really admire the pittsburg steelers, and the greenbay packers.... Pittsburg is smash mouth, tuff D and ownership that that is pure class - and they build throught the draft... Greenbay, well the city and it's citizens own the team - the games are like college crowds...

My Bears made the superbowl last year. They'd easily be going back again if not for a couple of bad decisions (trading Thomas Jones), some key injuries (both starting CB's, a couple of safeties, 2 DT's, a LB and a Guard.

Even with grossman or griese at QB they'd still do it if they had a healthy defense and a decent run game.

It still blows my mind that Rex Grossman gets paid to play football. He was terrible at Florida. Surely there is no justice in the world.

Good to see Western Nebraska is well represented on here. I'm originally from 68 county, but now live in Eastern Iowa. Had to go where I could find a job.

Sandhillers rule! 7-6 county, baby. We used to go to Bridgeport to get our asses handed to us every year. That was a looooong ride home. Much of my family is still in the Gering, Morrill, Mitchell, and Torrington area. Poor Dicks were the way to entertain us kids on the way up to family reunions! And my grandparents are buried in Ash Hollow cemetary, right on the Oregon Trail.

Anyway, back on topic. Locally when the Ravens got Koch and Ross (then cut Cory, then resigned him) I was happy because it gave me more reason to root for the local team. Even went and had a Ravens #4 jersey made custom - givin' some love to the punter!

But I've always rooted hard for the Panthers because of the "Mike and Mike" show in the secondary. But now that it is down to one, I have high hopes for the Texans and Saints.

Are you EVER an EX-Husker?

(Once a HUSKER...ALLWAYS a HUSKER!!!!)

I was glad the Cardinals ("Big Red" out here) signed Ralph Brown this season, so I could root for the local team.

Still only wear my Husker Shirts out in public or if I ever get free tickets to a game out here..Especially to Highschool games hoping I can talk us up to recruits' parents.

Huskers on NFL rosters

http://www.geocities.com/nflhuskers/index2.html

Broncos baby. Not necessarily a lot of Huskers but great team to watch and be a fan of.

:yeah

Of course, I'm from Western Nebraska, originally...so I'm a little biased. I grew up with all Denver's major networks on our local TV. Two-One County!

They like to run the S#%! out of the ball, which I like.

And, of course again....it's not a good year to be a Broncos fan....

I'm from 2-1 county. Gering Bulldogs baby!!!!

How 'bout those Melbeta Eagles?

Melbeta?!!! The Flame!!