Quitting

It is a known fact that the Raider players quit on Callahan during the second season, well Nebraska players quit on him during his first year. You can not fool players, they know if the coaches are doing the right things, it does not take long to figure out that the coaches do not know what they saying or doing. I have never seen a Nebraska club with so little spark as this year. Changes need to happen, weather its Callahan or some of his assistants, something needs to change.

Wouldn't it be possible for the players to be wrong. In this day and age, most players think that they are the best and that their way is the right way. People take constructive critisism many different ways. Some of them can take it and use it to get better. But others will not accept it and will turn against the coach and will not listen to or do what they say. This is the coaches team no matter how many of you want to admit it. Chad Seivers came out and said publicly that some of the players did not buy into the system. With that being said, I start to wonder who those players are and if they would of bought into the system how good would this team have been.

But even if the players are wrong, it doesn't change anything...they have to buy into the system. Say the players are wrong, then what? They are still the ones out there playing, and if they don't buy it then you need to change something or put in different players. I bet a lot more of them would start buying into it if they sat the bench for a couple of games. And even if it is the coaches team you can't be so stubborn not to change something if noone wants to play the system. (this only has to do with the defensive side of the ball...Callahan had to run his offense. End of story)

But even if the players are wrong, it doesn't change anything...they have to buy into the system. Say the players are wrong, then what? They are still the ones out there playing, and if they don't buy it then you need to change something or put in different players. I bet a lot more of them would start buying into it if they sat the bench for a couple of games. And even if it is the coaches team you can't be so stubborn not to change something if noone wants to play the system. (this only has to do with the defensive side of the ball...Callahan had to run his offense. End of story)

That is why we are bringing in this good recruiting class. Callahan is trying to find players that will fit his system, buy into his system, and operate at its full function.

That is why we are bringing in this good recruiting class. Callahan is trying to find players that will fit his system, buy into his system, and operate at its full function.

even if they do buy into his system on offense, will they be smart enough to run the dang that a computer nerd would have trouble understanding. And even if he gets studs on defense will cosgrove have any idea what to do with them? I think the answer is no to both.

The last time I checked the Raiders had one of the oldest rosters in the NFL. If things were so great there do you think Gruden would have left? Ultimately it boils down to the players getting it done on the field. I don't recall any team dissent on the way to the Super Bowl or AFC title runs...and Callahan was on the staff. Gruden certainly had his detractors on the team. Age and parity had caught up to the Raiders. Obviously, Callahan needs players to fit his system. If he can get the players he needs he will be successful.

even if they do buy into his system on offense, will they be smart enough to run the dang that a computer nerd would have trouble understanding. And even if he gets studs on defense will cosgrove have any idea what to do with them? I think the answer is no to both.

So you know the WCO well? I mean you must to make a claim like that.

So you know the WCO well? I mean you must to make a claim like that.

well enough to know I don't like it. :blink:

Wouldn't it be possible for the players to be wrong. In this day and age, most players think that they are the best and that their way is the right way. People take constructive critisism many different ways. Some of them can take it and use it to get better. But others will not accept it and will turn against the coach and will not listen to or do what they say. This is the coaches team no matter how many of you want to admit it. Chad Seivers came out and said publicly that some of the players did not buy into the system. With that being said, I start to wonder who those players are and if they would of bought into the system how good would this team have been.

I guess all those Wisconsin defenses over the years didn't buy into the system either.

I guess all those Wisconsin defenses over the years didn't buy into the system either.

Considering Wisconson's defensive collapse in the last couple of games, they aren't buying into it this year, either, even with Cosgrove gone...

Considering Wisconson's defensive collapse in the last couple of games, they aren't buying into it this year, either, even with Cosgrove gone...

Only giving up 14 pts per game which is 6th in the nation and are in the top 10 in total yards giving up. Not bad.

Did you watch the Iowa game or just look at the score?

They gave up 186 yards passing and around 100 yards rushing, they had 3 picks in the game and had 4 sacks.

Wow. It's always the players' fault and never these coaches right? Even in the Iowa loss the defense still allowed below its season average of 276 yds/game. The got torched in the MSU game, but it happens. Cosgrove's defenses at Wisconsin allowed 354 yds/game over 9 years. His defense this year allowed 372 yds/game. Last year we allowed 297 yds/game. You don't have to be Steve Pedersen to recognize a negative trend with this guy.