Where was Zack Bowman?

Sort of strange not to see Zack Bowman playing during the final home game of his senior year. Callahan brushed aside and refused to answer questions regarding his status during Monday's press conference ("I'm only going to discuss the players that played").

Does anyone have any insight? Is he hurt, or is it a behavior issue?

Seems about right, the guy that understands the Blackshirt tradition doesn't get mentioned.

Sort of strange not to see Zack Bowman playing during the final home game of his senior year. Callahan brushed aside and refused to answer questions regarding his status during Monday's press conference ("I'm only going to discuss the players that played").

Does anyone have any insight? Is he hurt, or is it a behavior issue?

this is exactly the type of sh#t that pisses off NU fans........no matter the issue, i won't miss the secrecy sh#t callahan has been so famous for! absolute bullsh#t!

per LJS

On Senior Day, cornerback and captain Zack Bowman, played in only one series against Kansas State. His limited playing time was not because of injury.

Why didn't Bowman play more?

"Well, we played (freshman) Anythony Blue, and I thought Anthony played outstanding football," Callahan answered. "We had some young players like (Prince) Amukamara and Blue that I think are going to be outstanding corners. I thought, Blue, for the most part, in the coverages he was in, played very well at times, and played physical football. (He) played the type of football we're looking for from a corner ... I was really pleased with his performance."

So Bowman didn't play simply because Blue earned the playing time over him?

"Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," Callahan said.

Coaches asked Bowman to come in late but Bowman told them it was fine to let the young guys finish the game.

per LJS

On Senior Day, cornerback and captain Zack Bowman, played in only one series against Kansas State. His limited playing time was not because of injury.

"Well, we played (freshman) Anythony Blue, and I thought Anthony played outstanding football," Callahan answered. "We had some young players like (Prince) Amukamara and Blue that I think are going to be outstanding corners. I thought, Blue, for the most part, in the coverages he was in, played very well at times, and played physical football. (He) played the type of football we're looking for from a corner ... I was really pleased with his performance."

"Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," Callahan said.

Coaches asked Bowman to come in late but Bowman told them it was fine to let the young guys finish the game.

I simply can't see the reason for benching Bowman, one of the few talented bright spots on our defense over the last years.

Kudos to him for telling the coaches to stick it at the end of the game when they wanted to give him charity PT.

per LJS

That sounds like an obvious riff between Bowman and the coaches. If they asked him to come in late in the game, he obviously was not injured, and for Bowman to turn the coaches down at the opportunity to play says "screw you, i could have played all game" I cant believe they would slap him in the face like that on senior day.

per LJS

anyone who thinks we need to keep this chicken-sh#t coach is sadly mistaken! this coach is pure horsesh#t!

good for him. cally has jacked up the whole team, he understands nothing, absolutely nothing about college ball. what a f'ing prick!!!!!!