Where was Zack Bowman?

Probly because he dared question their unbelievable coaching prowess.

The guy takes off his blackshirt on his own accord because he feels he didn't earn it, and for whatever reason they dont let him play ON SENIOR DAY! Obviously that's not the reason he didn't play, but I just think that a guy that shows that kind of leadership and integrity deserves to be commended, not benched.

Someone let me know when Cally's plane is leaving town for good, I'll be there to give him one last big middle finger.

Here's what JoeGlenn thinks of Callahan

82d76ut.png

And people want him as our coach why? Couldn't even stop Utah.

Stop doggin my Utes -- they are playing better football then Nebraska.

per LJS

On Senior Day, cornerback and captain Zack Bowman, played in only one series against Kansas State. His limited playing time was not because of injury.

Why didn't Bowman play more?

"Well, we played (freshman) Anythony Blue, and I thought Anthony played outstanding football," Callahan answered. "We had some young players like (Prince) Amukamara and Blue that I think are going to be outstanding corners. I thought, Blue, for the most part, in the coverages he was in, played very well at times, and played physical football. (He) played the type of football we're looking for from a corner ... I was really pleased with his performance."

So Bowman didn't play simply because Blue earned the playing time over him?

"Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," Callahan said.

Coaches asked Bowman to come in late but Bowman told them it was fine to let the young guys finish the game.

Same Bill, different program. This is what he did to Charles Woodson on the way out of Oakland.

NY Times Article

In Callahan's final meaningful gesture as Raiders coach, he benched Woodson and running back Charlie Garner for the season finale in San Diego after they missed a team meeting. Woodson and Garner packed their belongings and left. Shaw said several Raiders considered leaving with them.

''We were all deciding what to do; we were willing to sit it out,'' Shaw said. ''It hurt us not to play the last game with Wood, the last time we were ever going to play together as a group.''

The Raiders ultimately played, losing by a touchdown to the Chargers on the same field where the Buccaneers humiliated them last January. In the ensuing days, Davis told reporters in the Bay Area that the Raiders were not a team in disarray, but Gannon took a different view.

''I wouldn't say I'd take a torch to the place, but it wouldn't be far from that,'' said Gannon, who missed the final nine games because of a shoulder injury. ''We all have to accept responsibility. I have to demand more out of people around me. I ask for more out of our coaches. Stuff needs to get fixed, and it didn't. It just continued to get worse to the point where it was disgraceful.''

Ten days after being fired, Callahan was named the coach at Nebraska.

It's gotta happen soon, for the good of the players!

Thats crap for what ever reason he didnt play on senior day.. The guy has worked his a$$ off for this team got injured then came back to get hurt again then come back for the team.. He could have gone pro but he came back to help the team.. No class with BC makes me sick he would ruin a players last memory at school for some selfish reason whatever that reason may be.. Cant wait till he is gone!!

I was sitting in the north endzone and I am not sure what quarter it was... but it was when K-State was heading towards our endzone. Blue was playing on the NU side of the field and after being burnded twice Bill Busch grabbed Blue and got him off the field and threw in Bowman. Busch was quite aways away from Callahan and Coz so I am thinking he made the decision on his own...

I really feel for the guy he did so much to get back on this team and he seemed like the only true captain this year... sucks he did see much of the field on his final home game.

Probly because he dared question their unbelievable coaching prowess.

The guy takes off his blackshirt on his own accord because he feels he didn't earn it, and for whatever reason they dont let him play ON SENIOR DAY! Obviously that's not the reason he didn't play, but I just think that a guy that shows that kind of leadership and integrity deserves to be commended, not benched.

Someone let me know when Cally's plane is leaving town for good, I'll be there to give him one last big middle finger.

Here's what JoeGlenn thinks of Callahan

82d76ut.png

And people want him as our coach why? Couldn't even stop Utah.

yeah, but as soon as he learns the "throat slash" gesture, he is N! :lol:

:rollin:rollin:rollin

GBR!!!

I was sitting in the north endzone and I am not sure what quarter it was... but it was when K-State was heading towards our endzone. Blue was playing on the NU side of the field and after being burnded twice Bill Busch grabbed Blue and got him off the field and threw in Bowman. Busch was quite aways away from Callahan and Coz so I am thinking he made the decision on his own...

I really feel for the guy he did so much to get back on this team and he seemed like the only true captain this year... sucks he did see much of the field on his final home game.

"Well, we played (freshman) Anythony Blue, and I thought Anthony played outstanding football," Callahan answered. "We had some young players like (Prince) Amukamara and Blue that I think are going to be outstanding corners. I thought, Blue, for the most part, in the coverages he was in, played very well at times, and played physical football. (He) played the type of football we're looking for from a corner ... I was really pleased with his performance."

"you probably just don't understand how to judge these cornerbacks, this is just to complicated for the average Husker fan, compared to soil analysis. "

per LJS

On Senior Day, cornerback and captain Zack Bowman, played in only one series against Kansas State. His limited playing time was not because of injury.

So Bowman didn't play simply because Blue earned the playing time over him?

"Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," Callahan said.

Coaches asked Bowman to come in late but Bowman told them it was fine to let the young guys finish the game.

I think this is just another instance of why it will be a very good thing when these seniors--the last of the Solich/Pellini loyalists--graduate. Bowman was a captain, wasn't he? Ruud was too, right? So, where was the leadership on defense this year? I keep tellin' you, but nobody on this board seems to listen . . . there were some SERIOUS issues with this graduating class. No leadership from them AT ALL. I would encourage you folks to look there for some answers to this year's bizarre occurances.

Who says Bowman didn't do something to deserve it?

I'm so sick of everyone dismissing everything as Callahan's fault, we have no idea the reasoning. Maybe Bowman was being insubordinate of the coaches (he is a nice guy, but he's not perfect, he's still a college athlete)? Regardless of everyone's personal feelings towards the coach, if something like that crops up the player in question should be reprimanded.

I don't know what happened, and it is perfectly realistic to think that Callahan pulled an underhanded move, but we can't just assume that that is the case, it's not fair.

Thats crap for what ever reason he didnt play on senior day.. The guy has worked his a$$ off for this team got injured then came back to get hurt again then come back for the team.. He could have gone pro but he came back to help the team.. No class with BC makes me sick he would ruin a players last memory at school for some selfish reason whatever that reason may be.. Cant wait till he is gone!!

It is interesting to note that the Husker defense played it's best game in many with Bowman's absense. Don't you think? Does that mean something?

Who says Bowman didn't do something to deserve it?

I'm so sick of everyone dismissing everything as Callahan's fault, we have no idea the reasoning. Maybe Bowman was being insubordinate of the coaches (he is a nice guy, but he's not perfect, he's still a college athlete)? Regardless of everyone's personal feelings towards the coach, if something like that crops up the player in question should be reprimanded.

I don't know what happened, and it is perfectly realistic to think that Callahan pulled an underhanded move, but we can't just assume that that is the case, it's not fair.

I thought the same thing, maybe Bowman really did something wrong and was being punished. But why wouldnt Callahan just say that Bowman was being punished for breaking team rules, or that Blue was just playing better than Bowman. Thats all he had to do and people wouldnt be speculating about this situation, but he says "Well, like I said, I'm just going to talk about the starters and players that did well," which just leads people to beleive that there was something wrong that he doesnt want to talk about.

There are a lot of possibilities.

One of which, believe it or not, could include Callahan not being the person everyone thinks he is, and purposefully avoiding it to make the media attack him instead of Bowman, which would be a nice gesture on Callahan's part to keep a possible bad deed by Bowman stay within the program.

Maybe it was a touchy situation, or it could have even been Jordan's decision and Callahan might not have even been aware of the details of it.

Who knows?

One of which, believe it or not, could include Callahan not being the person everyone thinks he is, and purposefully avoiding it to make the media attack him instead of Bowman, which would be a nice gesture on Callahan's part to keep a possible bad deed by Bowman stay within the program.

Maybe it was a touchy situation, or it could have even been Jordan's decision and Callahan might not have even been aware of the details of it.

Who knows?

Or, he could have sat a respected team leader just to prove to those stupid kids that he is the HEAD COACH and he CAN make a player sit. EXACTLY THE SAME THING HE DID IN OAKLAND.

Or, Bowman could have tried to express the players discontent with the horrible caoching ruining their NFL prospects and been punished for talking to the exhalted Head Coach.

Or, Bowman brought the teams internal problems straight past Billy and right up to Dr. Tom, knowing that Mr. Bill's yes man had been fired. Then Bill sat him as punishment. WAIT HE DID THAT IN OAKLAND TOO

Or maybe Bowman had a sprained ankle.

People think it's Billy's fault, because he has a history of tearing apart teams. When players don't trust the coach as a man (not x's & o's) bad things will happen. First person a player should go to when something bad happens is their coach, especially when away from home at college. He needs to be somebody they can count on. From Billy's statements, the only one that can count on him is HIMSELF & COZHOLE.

TOMMORW........Give him this ¥

Who knows?

Or, he could have sat a respected team leader just to prove to those stupid kids that he is the HEAD COACH and he CAN make a player sit. EXACTLY THE SAME THING HE DID IN OAKLAND.

Or, Bowman could have tried to express the players discontent with the horrible caoching ruining their NFL prospects and been punished for talking to the exhalted Head Coach.

Or, Bowman brought the teams internal problems straight past Billy and right up to Dr. Tom, knowing that Mr. Bill's yes man had been fired. Then Bill sat him as punishment. WAIT HE DID THAT IN OAKLAND TOO

Or maybe Bowman had a sprained ankle.

People think it's Billy's fault, because he has a history of tearing apart teams. When players don't trust the coach as a man (not x's & o's) bad things will happen. First person a player should go to when something bad happens is their coach, especially when away from home at college. He needs to be somebody they can count on. From Billy's statements, the only one that can count on him is HIMSELF & COZHOLE.

TOMMORW........Give him this ¥

Right, it could have been all those things. Who's to say what it is?

I'm not sticking up for the man in this case, I am just trying to be fair.

With Bowman's injury history...I wonder if now he would rather just hang it up and wait for the NFL combine. Who knows why he didn't play for sure? If he does have a beef with BC now, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to protect his body in order to make it to the NFL. I am sure it is not his ideal way to go out, but might be best for his future.