Where was Zack Bowman?

With Bowman's injury history...I wonder if now he would rather just hang it up and wait for the NFL combine. Who knows why he didn't play for sure? If he does have a beef with BC now, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to protect his body in order to make it to the NFL. I am sure it is not his ideal way to go out, but might be best for his future.

I think this is a good point. He seems to have the size, speed and other physical tools to succeed at the next level, and I'm not sure that I wouldn't be doing the same thing if I was in his shoes.

If he has a good combine, I think that he could be the highest (and one of the only) drafted Husker.

With Bowman's injury history...I wonder if now he would rather just hang it up and wait for the NFL combine. Who knows why he didn't play for sure? If he does have a beef with BC now, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to protect his body in order to make it to the NFL. I am sure it is not his ideal way to go out, but might be best for his future.

I think this is a good point. He seems to have the size, speed and other physical tools to succeed at the next level, and I'm not sure that I wouldn't be doing the same thing if I was in his shoes.

If he has a good combine, I think that he could be the highest (and one of the only) drafted Husker.

That's what I was thinking too.

I think if Purify has another good game at CU, and a good combine he could be up there as well. I think Ganz has improved his draft status immensely the last couple of weeks.

I think if Purify has another good game at CU, and a good combine he could be up there as well. I think Ganz has improved his draft status immensely the last couple of weeks.

Remember Ganz is only a junior...

Also don't forget about Sam Keller and Carl Nicks. Keller is the protype NFL QB and Nicks has the tools and size for an NFL guard or tackle. And scouts love Green's physical tools, yes I know he hasn't been the best player on our defense, but hey Andrew Shanle got on an NFL team.

Also don't forget about Sam Keller and Carl Nicks. Keller is the protype NFL QB and Nicks has the tools and size for an NFL guard or tackle. And scouts love Green's physical tools, yes I know he hasn't been the best player on our defense, but hey Andrew Shanle got on an NFL team.

I just think Green is far too soft to play safety in the NFL. I can't see him providing much run support against NFL running backs. Could you see Green taking on a Lorenzo Neal lead block? Me niether.

Maybe he could fit in somewhere as a nickel corner; this is unlikely, as the transition from safety to corner is much more infrequent as the transition from corner to safety.

Who says Bowman didn't do something to deserve it?

I'm so sick of everyone dismissing everything as Callahan's fault, we have no idea the reasoning. Maybe Bowman was being insubordinate of the coaches (he is a nice guy, but he's not perfect, he's still a college athlete)? Regardless of everyone's personal feelings towards the coach, if something like that crops up the player in question should be reprimanded.

I don't know what happened, and it is perfectly realistic to think that Callahan pulled an underhanded move, but we can't just assume that that is the case, it's not fair.

Why couldn't Callahan have given a reason? TO would say if someone was being benched for a reason, and the fans would understand. But then, TO usually had a good reason. Wonder what Callahan's reason was?

Thats crap for what ever reason he didnt play on senior day.. The guy has worked his a$$ off for this team got injured then came back to get hurt again then come back for the team.. He could have gone pro but he came back to help the team.. No class with BC makes me sick he would ruin a players last memory at school for some selfish reason whatever that reason may be.. Cant wait till he is gone!!

It is interesting to note that the Husker defense played it's best game in many with Bowman's absense. Don't you think? Does that mean something?

It means they weren't on the field as much because the offense was clicking. The D still gave up over 300 yards passing and allowed yet another 100 yard rusher.

I just think Green is far too soft to play safety in the NFL. I can't see him providing much run support against NFL running backs. Could you see Green taking on a Lorenzo Neal lead block? Me niether.

Maybe he could fit in somewhere as a nickel corner; this is unlikely, as the transition from safety to corner is much more infrequent as the transition from corner to safety.

Agreed, I am not saying I believe Green could be a good corner. But at the same time Andrew Shanle was pretty soft and didn't have a very good football knowledge. Also you have to look at it from the aspect of the scheme they play in, he is fast and strong and if he goes to the combine and preforms well he'll get drafted.

Who says Bowman didn't do something to deserve it?

I'm so sick of everyone dismissing everything as Callahan's fault, we have no idea the reasoning. Maybe Bowman was being insubordinate of the coaches (he is a nice guy, but he's not perfect, he's still a college athlete)? Regardless of everyone's personal feelings towards the coach, if something like that crops up the player in question should be reprimanded.

I don't know what happened, and it is perfectly realistic to think that Callahan pulled an underhanded move, but we can't just assume that that is the case, it's not fair.

Why couldn't Callahan have given a reason? TO would say if someone was being benched for a reason, and the fans would understand. But then, TO usually had a good reason. Wonder what Callahan's reason was?

too complicated for us NU fans to understand.

As the rest of you, I would have loved to hear why Bowman didn't play.......Now, I haven't broken down film, and only watched the game from my seat in South stadium, but I did watch Blue a lot...... I enjoy watching the "young" Huskers play......

I really didn't see anything "amazing" from him. Yes, he played pretty well for a freshman, but I have a very hard time believing that he was playing any better than Bowman....... If you watched any of the KSU "big plays", it was Blue that couldn't get-off of his block to make a tackle... the KSU wide-outs seem to dominate him once they locked up.....many times the people around me were yelling for holding, but in reality, Blue was just getting defeated badly by the block....

Not dissing Blue, I am excited for him and his future.....I love to see guys be possible 3-4 starters, but I don't think he played better than Bowman....

In addition, Bowman stayed an additional year instead of jumping to the NFL (yes, coming off of an injury), only to suffer another injury..... worked his a$$ off to return early for the TEAM and the coaches, voluntarily took his own blackshirt (only one man enough to do it), and really symbolized the "true Husker".....He should have kicked everyone else's a$$ for not followin suit....

And this is how BC treats him on Senior Day..... Do you think that his parents were here from Alaska? If so, it is a shame.