Ganz and receivers

ironmike

It sure seems as if the receivers are dropping fewer of Joe's passes. He was on the money with a lot of them, but the receivers had to make some adjustments on several balls as well. Do you think they have any easier time with balls from Joe as opposed to how Keller would fire it in?

...(any double entendre is purely accidental)...

Boy... talking about Joe's balls... :o

I think it's coincidence. Joe throws some pretty good wobblers out there, so I don't think it's because he throws a "more catchable ball" as some announcers have said.

I think it may just have more to do with confidence and familiarity. They know Joe longer, and they just may be the "X" factor that helps them catch the ball better.

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into this being something between the two quarterbacks.

It's natural for players to get better, skill-wise, through a year, and confidence and a million other factors could come into play too.

Then again, the nose on Keller's ball is pointed down most of the time, but I don't know if that really matters.

The problem was the further Sam threw the ball, the more his passes were off target. I think he knew this better than anyone, thus, hello Mr. Lucky. Plus a lot of his short slant passes to receivers wound up a step or two behind them and thus uncatchable. I don't think the problem was his passes had two much velocity. Todd Reesing throws some rockets and the 2 and 3 stars don't have any problem catching them so 4 and 5 stars shouldn't either.

It could of been the fact that Sam was a dick and nobody wanted to play with him at quarterback, which I see as a pretty likely scenario. Look at the life the team has now with Mr. Ganz at QB. Before Ganz was taking the snaps the team looked like a bunch of zombies, looking at the fire and drive this team has now, I wouldn't have a doubt in my mind that they'd be sitting at 1 or 2 losses instead of 6.