I Hereby Pledge...

knapplc

In the next two weeks we could either sit here and gnaw the bones of our collective frustration, or we can do our best to focus on the positives of being a Husker.

Whether we are Pro-Callahan or Anti-Callahan, the vast majority of us are Husker Fans. This internal bickering is pointless. T.O. will do what he will do, and then we can all talk about it.

For my part, I pledge to stop posting negative things about Bill Callahan. Like him or not, he's not the "enemy." He may or may not be a good fit for this program, but I fear that if we spend two weeks debating on his fitness for the job, we're going to delve even further into such levels of negativity that we could do great harm to our mutual love of this team.

So here's my pledge:

I hereby solemnly pledge to stop bashing Bill Callahan, Kevin Cosgrove, and/or any other current or former Husker Coaches through the end of the regular season of 2007.

I further pledge to wait for whatever action the Athletic Department is going to take before jumping to wild conclusions regarding possible coaching changes, lack of changes, or any developments therein.

Finally, I pledge to be respectful of my fellow Husker Fans, recognizing that on Game Saturdays they all wear the same Red that I wear, and that if we were all to meet for a beer (or soda, for the underaged) that our discussions would likely be friendly, not aggressive like they tend to be on the anonymous message board.

Signed:

knapplc

Anyone else care to help stop the madness?

In the next two weeks we could either sit here and gnaw the bones of our collective frustration, or we can do our best to focus on the positives of being a Husker.

Whether we are Pro-Callahan or Anti-Callahan, the vast majority of us are Husker Fans. This internal bickering is pointless. T.O. will do what he will do, and then we can all talk about it.

For my part, I pledge to stop posting negative things about Bill Callahan. Like him or not, he's not the "enemy." He may or may not be a good fit for this program, but I fear that if we spend two weeks debating on his fitness for the job, we're going to delve even further into such levels of negativity that we could do great harm to our mutual love of this team.

So here's my pledge:

I hereby solemnly pledge to stop bashing Bill Callahan, Kevin Cosgrove, and/or any other current or former Husker Coaches through the end of the regular season of 2007.

I further pledge to wait for whatever action the Athletic Department is going to take before jumping to wild conclusions regarding possible coaching changes, lack of changes, or any developments therein.

Finally, I pledge to be respectful of my fellow Husker Fans, recognizing that on Game Saturdays they all wear the same Red that I wear, and that if we were all to meet for a beer (or soda, for the underaged) that our discussions would likely be friendly, not aggressive like they tend to be on the anonymous message board.

Signed:

knapplc

Sorry, not going to happen. I believe that this is the forum for giving my oppinion of BC and his staff. Just because I love the Huskers does not mean I have to have blind devotion to the coaching staff.

:box

On a semi-related note my wife and I were at Nebraska Furniture Mart last night wearing our Nebraska sweat shirts and one of the warehouse workers couldn't believe we were still wearing them. Not sure if he wasn't a Husker fan or whatever but that was a little surprising.

:restore

What?!?!? Why in the world would we take off our Husker gear? Now, when the chips are down, is the time to show our support.

What a weird thing to say! :o

So here's my pledge:

Signed:

knapplc

Nuts! :rollin

So here's my pledge:

Signed:

knapplc

I'll take a pass on the first two thanks, i'm always up for the third.

So here's my pledge:

Signed:

knapplc

SusanPowter.jpg

Susan Powter?

I can try..But I reserve the right to still have fun making a few jokes.. <_<

So here's my pledge:

Signed:

knapplc

Great idea, but if that happened, I think that many of the posters here would have nothing of interest to say.