Chances at CU?

HANC

Personally, I think we'll be a 10 win team by 2009

You found that in the encyclopedia under "Rocky Mountain High" didn't you?

Yep and that 8th win outa ten will be in that sh!t city you call home.

Great...maybe you can stop by my house after the game and pick up your wife. I should be done with her by then....

If I'm married in two years... man, no. Cy good win over us, im just ribbing you. We'll see you next year.

Personally, I think we'll be a 10 win team by 2009

You found that in the encyclopedia under "Rocky Mountain High" didn't you?

Great...maybe you can stop by my house after the game and pick up your wife. I should be done with her by then....

If I'm married in two years... man, no. Cy good win over us, im just ribbing you. We'll see you next year.

I'm just messing with you too :) You know how boring Iowa can be on a Friday night <_<

I think the Husker Offense outscores the Buffs. That is why we will win.

Question for the Buffs on the board: What is your impression of Hawkins? Is he golden (no pun intended) or does he have his fair share of critics? I am not impressed with him at all. And starting his Freshman son at QB smells a little, but I don't know the inside story.

:cheers

On the first statement, the Husker offense is definitely better than the Colorado offense, but even with the injuries we have (which are significant) the Colorado defense is definitely better than the Nebraska defense. I guess then it comes down to which better unit outperforms the worse unit by a greater margin, or perhaps which inferior unit performs less poorly than the superior unit, right? Wait, did I just confuse the bejesus out of myself? I'm pretty sure I did. Nevermind.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Hawkins. I love the balance in our offense, and our defense has been absolutely solid for the past 2 seasons despite the fact that we've only had 5, maybe 7, defensive starters during that time that were Big XII quality. His personality melds perfectly with Boulder, and he understands the fan base well (he's not expecting Alabama level fanaticism from CU alums, and he's comfortable with that). From a PR standpoint, I can't imagine how he could be any better (even that "IT'S THE BIG 12!!!" tirade he went on last year seems to have made him more endearing in the public eye).

The big thing with Hawkins though is that he understands the big picture. I realize you'll all scoff at this, but when he came to Boulder he set his sights on winning a NC, and he's actually taking all the right steps to accomplish that (cleaning up Barnett's messes and updating our facilities are jobs 1 and 2 in this process, obviously). Just for an example, after we beat Oklahoma this year, he was driving a crew of excellent recruits (including Jon Major, who committed a couple of weeks later) around CU's campus no more than half an hour after the game ended, making sure to take all the sensationalism and positive momentum from the win and use it to create the most powerful pitch possible for these kids. After the 2001 Nebraska game, by comparison, Gary Barnett seemed to say to himself "well... that was fun. Okay, I'm gonna go recruit this white receiver that runs a 4.89 40 now."

We've had some frustrating losses in recent weeks, so you're starting to see a bit of unrest popping up from the CU faithful, but certainly nothing more than you'd see with any other program in the country under the same circumstances (and certainly a lot less than you'd see at places like Arkansas and Florida). The general consensus though is that Hawkins undoubtedly has this program moving in the right direction, and as long as he keeps that up (keeps recruiting well, keeps improving the product on the field, keeps updating facilities, keeps maintaining a good public face on the program) most people seem content to give him a free pass for the time being (though it's not really free, if it's really based on that many contingencies). That said, if it's 2009 and we're still sitting at a .500 record or thereabouts, you'll likely start hearing people calling for his head.

Personally, I think we'll be a 10 win team by 2009, but who knows what'll end up happening?

I cant speak for Cu since I am not very up to date with the team. but from our side, I can tell you no one here really knows which team will show up. willit be the high scoring offese from ball state and k state? or will it be the terrible squad from t A&M and okie state? will we play with heart like at texas. or will we give up like against MU?

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we won be 20 or lost by 40.

I think the Husker Offense outscores the Buffs. That is why we will win.

Question for the Buffs on the board: What is your impression of Hawkins? Is he golden (no pun intended) or does he have his fair share of critics? I am not impressed with him at all. And starting his Freshman son at QB smells a little, but I don't know the inside story.

:cheers

On the first statement, the Husker offense is definitely better than the Colorado offense, but even with the injuries we have (which are significant) the Colorado defense is definitely better than the Nebraska defense. I guess then it comes down to which better unit outperforms the worse unit by a greater margin, or perhaps which inferior unit performs less poorly than the superior unit, right? Wait, did I just confuse the bejesus out of myself? I'm pretty sure I did. Nevermind.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Hawkins. I love the balance in our offense, and our defense has been absolutely solid for the past 2 seasons despite the fact that we've only had 5, maybe 7, defensive starters during that time that were Big XII quality. His personality melds perfectly with Boulder, and he understands the fan base well (he's not expecting Alabama level fanaticism from CU alums, and he's comfortable with that). From a PR standpoint, I can't imagine how he could be any better (even that "IT'S THE BIG 12!!!" tirade he went on last year seems to have made him more endearing in the public eye).

The big thing with Hawkins though is that he understands the big picture. I realize you'll all scoff at this, but when he came to Boulder he set his sights on winning a NC, and he's actually taking all the right steps to accomplish that (cleaning up Barnett's messes and updating our facilities are jobs 1 and 2 in this process, obviously). Just for an example, after we beat Oklahoma this year, he was driving a crew of excellent recruits (including Jon Major, who committed a couple of weeks later) around CU's campus no more than half an hour after the game ended, making sure to take all the sensationalism and positive momentum from the win and use it to create the most powerful pitch possible for these kids. After the 2001 Nebraska game, by comparison, Gary Barnett seemed to say to himself "well... that was fun. Okay, I'm gonna go recruit this white receiver that runs a 4.89 40 now."

We've had some frustrating losses in recent weeks, so you're starting to see a bit of unrest popping up from the CU faithful, but certainly nothing more than you'd see with any other program in the country under the same circumstances (and certainly a lot less than you'd see at places like Arkansas and Florida). The general consensus though is that Hawkins undoubtedly has this program moving in the right direction, and as long as he keeps that up (keeps recruiting well, keeps improving the product on the field, keeps updating facilities, keeps maintaining a good public face on the program) most people seem content to give him a free pass for the time being (though it's not really free, if it's really based on that many contingencies). That said, if it's 2009 and we're still sitting at a .500 record or thereabouts, you'll likely start hearing people calling for his head.

Personally, I think we'll be a 10 win team by 2009, but who knows what'll end up happening?

tl;dr

Man, you are weak-sauce. This post is the epitome of why I've always hated CU fans.

They have more pride in the fact that they have chosen to take residence in a state where plate-tectonics once created rifts in the landscape, and always use "that" as their excuse for being idiots.

Check this BH: I'll be moving to the front-range come the beginning of 2008, for a job. What does that mean?

I'll still be a Nebraska fan with this:envs_0002.jpg

...and you'll still be a conceited, foolish "boulder hippie" that has no identity, other than those mountains to your west.

its alright. I could post pics of when I lived in SE MO in the ozarks that are just as pretty...... and its 30 degrees warmer!!

...and a scant 96% more humid!

I'll take the heat over the snow... but thats just me. I will also take the housing prices and cost of living

and the gapped toothed over weight woman?

j/k I couldn't resist slipping in the Arkansas stereotype.....

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

envs_0002.jpg

corn-flooded-field.jpg

:rollin

ISU 31- CU 28 :lol:

Congrats, last exciting thing to happen for another 9 months!

Did someone get pregnant?

Let's let the prospective father to be buy the beer, if he's from Colorado -- Coors Lite -- if not -- Keystone Lite -- $12.99 a 30 pack!!!!!!!

...T_O_B :cheers:wasted:cheers:wasted:cheers:wasted:cheers:wasted:cheers