Chances at CU?

HANC

enough of the coaching talk.....let's talk football.....

What are NU's chances of beating CU at Boulder...... Outside of the OU victory (impressive), has CU proven anything? They did play KU very well at home too.....but ohter victories and losses appear to be about the same as us, with the exception being we mopped up KSU and beat ISU...but both at Lincoln.

I am 50-50 on this one....looking for other's insight....I did hear that CU's defense is a little banged up....and wiht our offense stepping up a bit, might be a slight advantage....also heard on the radio that NU is ranked higher in most "football" categories, with the exception being rush defense.

Not looking for this to be a "bash CU" thread, but a true "insight" on what may or may not happen...

I think that we have a very good opportunity, but one good game doesn't do enough for my confidence in this team to think that we couldn't get blown away either.

I'm not a stat's guy so much... I think CU beats us, but I am hoping and praying that Ganz and Company and Octavien and Company play like they did against KSU and THAT means, playing ABOVE their heads. The talent seems to be there if it is turned ON, amp'd up and let loose. I would LOVE to blow CU out but what my eyes see is a pretty evenly matched set of teams getting ready to play. GO GANZ!!! GO BIG RED!!!

I'm not a stat's guy so much... I think CU beats us, but I am hoping and praying that Ganz and Company and Octavien and Company play like they did against KSU and THAT means, playing ABOVE their heads. The talent seems to be there if it is turned ON, amp'd up and let loose. I would LOVE to blow CU out but what my eyes see is a pretty evenly matched set of teams getting ready to play. GO GANZ!!! GO BIG RED!!!

If...and I do mean if the Red truly has gotten their mojo back, Colorado is in BIG trouble. Otherwise it's gonna be a looooong offseason.

I think NU has more than a good chance to win. Here's how I see it......CU comes out pumped. They just got screwed over against ISU. That's enough to piss anyone off. They try a trick play early and NU turns it over for six. The steam is let out of their engine as their trick play fails. NU rolls for a 27pt vistory, led by Ganz with 286yds passing, and 112yds rushing!

If not, it was an awesome daydream!

If...and I do mean if the Red truly has gotten their mojo back, Colorado is in BIG trouble. Otherwise it's gonna be a looooong offseason.

:yeah

Whoever loses this game is going to be in for a long offseason. I'm already getting incredibly sick of these so-called Buffs "fans" that have been coming out of the woodwork this week blaming 31 unanswered Iowa State points and 2 consecutive unbelievably bad officiating gaffes on Hawkins deciding to go for it on a 4th and 1. Rational thinking within fandom prevails once again!

Quick question: Since my Buffs had to deal with Clete Blakeman and his treachery last week, do you think there's any way Hawkins could convince the Big XII to appoint Koy Detmer or Bobby Pesavento as the head official for the CU/NU game? It's only fair... :lol:

Whoever loses this game is going to be in for a long offseason. I'm already getting incredibly sick of these so-called Buffs "fans" that have been coming out of the woodwork this week blaming 31 unanswered Iowa State points and 2 consecutive unbelievably bad officiating gaffes on Hawkins deciding to go for it on a 4th and 1. Rational thinking within fandom prevails once again!

Quick question: Since my Buffs had to deal with Clete Blakeman and his treachery last week, do you think there's any way Hawkins could convince the Big XII to appoint Koy Detmer or Bobby Pesavento as the head official for the CU/NU game? It's only fair... :lol:

Thats the first time I have ever seen "Rational thinking" and "buffs fans" in the same paragraph...

First off let me say I am in no-way shape or form a person that usually defends CU, but those calls were absolutely awful. The Buffs should have won that game. That said, we still have Coz heading our D, so I think we will be giving you enough help.

First off let me say I am in no-way shape or form a person that usually defends CU, but those calls were absolutely awful. The Buffs should have won that game. That said, we still have Coz heading our D, so I think we will be giving you enough help.

CU would have only tied the game if either field goal had been allowed. Hard to say how it would have gone in OT.

If Nebraska keeps rolling like they have the last couple weeks then I think Nebraska has a good chance to beat Colorado. I'll say 27-21.

CU would have only tied the game if either field goal had been allowed. Hard to say how it would have gone in OT.

Truth, but I would have liked our chances in overtime (especially having just scored 10 points in the last 3 minutes of the game). The Buffs got absolutely screwed by this Blakeman character, here's hoping the players are better at letting go of that game than I am.

I, personally, think this game could go either way.

You know Hawkins will pull out all the stops to beat us. And he'll have his guys fired up and ready to go. Their RB (can't remember his name) is pretty good and could have a big day.

I think our guys will be riding the momentum of the last game into Boulder. Ganz and company will cause fits for them.

Of course, I could see our guys having an emotional let down and laying an egg.

We have a considerable talent-advantage over CU. What is playing now are the results of a transition-class and the date-rape scandal classes.

After the debacle at ISU CU really needs this win. The start of the game is key. Coming off those losses CU will be fired-up but not far from falling-apart like KSU did.

I'd say BC goes according to form. If we are kicking-ass in the first-half we should win. If we are behind at the half we'll not adjust then lose.

We should win but I wouldn't count CU out. That crowd will be rocking and Hawkins will have a gameplan ready.