It's official: NU will accept bowl bid if invited

So if we win . . . which bowl do we get invited to? I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get an Alamo Bowl invite . . . especially if KU is in the national championship game. But with UT, OU, Mizzou, and Kansas all playing New Year's Day or BCS bowls, that drops Texas Tech into the Holiday Bowl and leaves CU/NU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and possibly (but not likely) Kansas State fighting for bids to the Alamo, Insight, Independence, and Texas Bowls. Considering our past relationship with the Alamo Bowl, I think they'd take a risk and invite us over A&M or Oklahoma State. Especially considering they took a 6-6 Iowa team last season.

And, oh yeah, beat the Buffs. :)

So say KU goes to the NC...

NC Game = KU

Fiesta = OU

Cotton = Texas/Mizzou

Holiday = Texas/Mizzou

how is tech going to get the holiday? am i missing something? remember.. a conference can only get 2 bcs bowl bids.. no matter if they are 2-5 in the standings...

You're forgetting about the Gator Bowl, who gets the second pick of Big 12 teams this year. :) Here's what I'm predicting. For the sake of example, Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma beats Kansas (and Oklahoma also beats Texas Tech in the regular season):

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma (Big 12 champs)

Orange/Sugar: Texas (at-large)

Gator: Kansas (Big 12 second choice)

Cotton: Missouri (Big 12 third choice)

Holiday: Texas Tech (4th)

I think that no matter who wins the Big 12, as long as Texas wins out they snag that at-large bid because they travel well.

EDIT: Ha, got the Gator and Cotton Bowls switched around. Fixed. :)

So if we win . . . which bowl do we get invited to? I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get an Alamo Bowl invite . . . especially if KU is in the national championship game. But with UT, OU, Mizzou, and Kansas all playing New Year's Day or BCS bowls, that drops Texas Tech into the Holiday Bowl and leaves CU/NU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and possibly (but not likely) Kansas State fighting for bids to the Alamo, Insight, Independence, and Texas Bowls. Considering our past relationship with the Alamo Bowl, I think they'd take a risk and invite us over A&M or Oklahoma State. Especially considering they took a 6-6 Iowa team last season.

And, oh yeah, beat the Buffs. :)

So say KU goes to the NC...

NC Game = KU

Fiesta = OU

Cotton = Texas/Mizzou

Holiday = Texas/Mizzou

how is tech going to get the holiday? am i missing something? remember.. a conference can only get 2 bcs bowl bids.. no matter if they are 2-5 in the standings...

You're forgetting about the Gator Bowl, who gets the second pick of Big 12 teams this year. :) Here's what I'm predicting. For the sake of example, Kansas beats Missouri and Oklahoma beats Kansas (and Oklahoma also beats Texas Tech in the regular season):

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma (Big 12 champs)

Orange/Sugar: Texas (at-large)

Gator: Kansas (Big 12 second choice)

Cotton: Missouri (Big 12 third choice)

Holiday: Texas Tech (4th)

I think that no matter who wins the Big 12, as long as Texas wins out they snag that at-large bid because they travel well.

EDIT: Ha, got the Gator and Cotton Bowls switched around. Fixed. :)

I think if OU wins out, they could jump Oregon & go to 2. Beating the #3 team in BCS would surely boost up their computer rankings, not to mention that win would cause them to get more points in the 2 human polls. Oregon's remaining schedule is very, very weak, plus they have a trap waiting for them in Oregon State. I think the Big 12 champ could be playing in the NC if either KU or OU.

I really think our bowl opponent is probably going to be Iowa. I would love for us to go to the Alamo Bowl because these two schools travel very well and I would love for Iowa fans to shut the hell up if our guys beat them! :clap

:yeah I went to undergrad in Iowa and would love to see all my friend crying after Nebraska handed it to them.