It's official: NU will accept bowl bid if invited

So if we win . . . which bowl do we get invited to? I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get an Alamo Bowl invite . . . especially if KU is in the national championship game. But with UT, OU, Mizzou, and Kansas all playing New Year's Day or BCS bowls, that drops Texas Tech into the Holiday Bowl and leaves CU/NU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and possibly (but not likely) Kansas State fighting for bids to the Alamo, Insight, Independence, and Texas Bowls. Considering our past relationship with the Alamo Bowl, I think they'd take a risk and invite us over A&M or Oklahoma State. Especially considering they took a 6-6 Iowa team last season.

And, oh yeah, beat the Buffs. :)

So if we win . . . which bowl do we get invited to? I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get an Alamo Bowl invite . . . especially if KU is in the national championship game. But with UT, OU, Mizzou, and Kansas all playing New Year's Day or BCS bowls, that drops Texas Tech into the Holiday Bowl and leaves CU/NU, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and possibly (but not likely) Kansas State fighting for bids to the Alamo, Insight, Independence, and Texas Bowls. Considering our past relationship with the Alamo Bowl, I think they'd take a risk and invite us over A&M or Oklahoma State. Especially considering they took a 6-6 Iowa team last season.

And, oh yeah, beat the Buffs. :)

So say KU goes to the NC...

NC Game = KU

Fiesta = OU

Cotton = Texas/Mizzou

Holiday = Texas/Mizzou

how is tech going to get the holiday? am i missing something? remember.. a conference can only get 2 bcs bowl bids.. no matter if they are 2-5 in the standings...

saw this earlier..

BC still makes me sick by not addressing TO by name.. higher ups just seems so disrespectful to me.. can't stand it..

and

"I'd go to even Boise." .. i'd even go to boise? maybe? idk.......

Could be "even Boise"..It looks pretty bumpy and would take a lot of tilling.

16_2_image006.jpg

We'll end up in the Insight Bowl playing against Iowa...another team that doesn't deserve to go to a bowl. Of course the Huskers will crush the Hawkeyes because Iowa has a totally pathetic offense and an undersized and undermanned defense...plus I despise their fans.

So...the Huskers will prevail in the "Filler Bowl"...the bowl game that fills the broadcast time between real bowl games between good football teams.

IIRC, according to his contract, Callahan gets a bonus if we go to a bowl game, I wonder if he gets it if he is fired before the bowl game.

I would think so. If we are going to fire a coach it has to be before the bowl game. We can't leave recruits hanging till almost signing day.