Joe Ganz like Brook Berringer?

I'd say that Scott Frost was more of an NFL type QB than Berringer

What, in any type of throwing motion that you ever saw Frost make, would even give you the thought that he was an NFL type QB???

2005-12-11_03.jpg

I didn't say Frost WAS an NFL type QB. I said he was more of one than Berringer. Frost never had a chance to make it as an NFL QB, but Berringer had even less of a chance.

I didn't say Frost WAS an NFL type QB. I said he was more of one than Berringer. Frost never had a chance to make it as an NFL QB, but Berringer had even less of a chance.

Are you saying that based on skill or on Berringer's untimely death? If it's his death then that goes without saying, but if you're basing it on the skills of both, I think there's a pretty good argument to be made in favor of Berringer.

Are you saying that based on skill or on Berringer's untimely death? If it's his death then that goes without saying, but if you're basing it on the skills of both, I think there's a pretty good argument to be made in favor of Berringer.

On skills. I really don't think Berringer was that great. Like I said, I think he was a great back-up and an adequate starter. I'm sure he would have been drafted in the late rounds or picked up as a free agent, but I really doubt that he would have ever made an NFL roster. I think he was a great person, but that and his untimely death have seemed to amplify his rather average skills.

please don't take this the wrong way, i have a lot of respect for what brook berringer did,

but would brook berringer be the legend he is had he not died so tragically?

Yes, he had that kind of personality, that kind of drive and commitment. The kind that leaders have. I think in all the coach discussions that have been going on, people would have dropping his name for an Asst position.

please don't take this the wrong way, i have a lot of respect for what brook berringer did,

but would brook berringer be the legend he is had he not died so tragically?

Yes, he had that kind of personality, that kind of drive and commitment. The kind that leaders have. I think in all the coach discussions that have been going on, people would have dropping his name for an Asst position.

I think he'd still be playing. He could very easily have turned into Tom Brady.

I think he'd still be playing. He could very easily have turned into Tom Brady.

:blink::wtf:wacko:

I'm not wacko. Promise.

What was Tom Brady coming out of college? How highly regarded was he?

AND, who was going to draft Brook Berringer?

Who knows what would have happened. I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Berringer had good skills, and a great head for the game. Lord knows he had enough character and brains to make it at the next level.

Do you remember Tom Brady when he took over for Bledsoe? Do you remember how shaky people thought that would be? I can easily recall the discussions in fantasy football saying to steer clear of him, that he would fail. Don't judge that statement by this season's Tom Brady, judge it by the Tom Brady that took over for Bledsoe. That's what I'm saying.

On skills. I really don't think Berringer was that great. Like I said, I think he was a great back-up and an adequate starter. I'm sure he would have been drafted in the late rounds or picked up as a free agent, but I really doubt that he would have ever made an NFL roster. I think he was a great person, but that and his untimely death have seemed to amplify his rather average skills.

Actually, Berringer was pegged as a mid 3rd round draft pick. It's all up to speculation at this point however if he would have been a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. The biggest strike against him was having tennis elbow. He never would have been able to throw 30+ passes a game. You may think he was just adequate, but if you compare him to all of the Husker QB's through the years he'd definitely be in the top 5 here. You can't just take away from his skills because he played at the same time as Tommie. Statistically speaking, Jamal Lord was very good here. I'd take 10 Berringer's to one Lord any day of the week.

Actually, Berringer was pegged as a mid 3rd round draft pick. It's all up to speculation at this point however if he would have been a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. The biggest strike against him was having tennis elbow. He never would have been able to throw 30+ passes a game. You may think he was just adequate, but if you compare him to all of the Husker QB's through the years he'd definitely be in the top 5 here. You can't just take away from his skills because he played at the same time as Tommie. Statistically speaking, Jamal Lord was very good here. I'd take 10 Berringer's to one Lord any day of the week.

:yeah

I think some of you guys can put up a pretty good argument with a rock, if given the chance. Watch some games and look at his numbers. He was an excellent QB and a heck of a competitor. He was about as classy an individual as you will ever see play for Nebraska.

I think some of you guys can put up a pretty good argument with a rock, if given the chance. Watch some games and look at his numbers. He was an excellent QB and a heck of a competitor. He was about as classy an individual as you will ever see play for Nebraska.

To some extent, this kind of makes my point. In any discussion about Berringer's skills as a QB, someone always says he was a class act. I've never disputed that, but it isn't really the point. Anyway, saying that Berringer is among the top 5 Nebraska QB NFL prospects isn't saying much, since Nebraska QBs don't exactly have a history of success in the NFL.

To some extent, this kind of makes my point. In any discussion about Berringer's skills as a QB, someone always says he was a class act. I've never disputed that, but it isn't really the point. Anyway, saying that Berringer is among the top 5 Nebraska QB NFL prospects isn't saying much, since Nebraska QBs don't exactly have a history of success in the NFL.

Jerry Tagge, Dave Humm, and Vince Ferragamo are about the only ones at all, I think. At least as quarterbacks.. I couldn't say about the CFL although Steve Taylor played for quite a while up there.