Joe Ganz like Brook Berringer?

I'd say that Scott Frost was more of an NFL type QB than Berringer

What, in any type of throwing motion that you ever saw Frost make, would even give you the thought that he was an NFL type QB???

2005-12-11_03.jpg

I didn't say Frost WAS an NFL type QB. I said he was more of one than Berringer. Frost never had a chance to make it as an NFL QB, but Berringer had even less of a chance.

well then he fooled a lot of the draft experts and NFL scouts. the guy was going to get drafted.

please don't take this the wrong way, i have a lot of respect for what brook berringer did,

but would brook berringer be the legend he is had he not died so tragically?

Absolutely! He was similar to many small town Nebraska kids (he was from Goodland, KS), which a lot of fans love. Also, he stepped in during the 1994 season, played hurt, and led the team to the National Championship game. He contributed in that game; a game that happened to be TO's first National Championship. Have you forgotten how long so many fans and TO had to wait for that game? And here is a "local" guy who led them to that Championship.

I'd say that Scott Frost was more of an NFL type QB than Berringer

What, in any type of throwing motion that you ever saw Frost make, would even give you the thought that he was an NFL type QB???

2005-12-11_03.jpg

I didn't say Frost WAS an NFL type QB. I said he was more of one than Berringer. Frost never had a chance to make it as an NFL QB, but Berringer had even less of a chance.

well then he fooled a lot of the draft experts and NFL scouts. the guy was going to get drafted.

I didn't say he wouldn't be drafted. He probably would have, or at least been picked up as an undrafted free agent. There are, however, lots and lots of college QBs that are drafted but never make an NFL roster (for instance, about half of the QBs drafted in 2007 below the second round didn't make an NFL roster; even fewer picked up as undrafted free agents ever make a roster). I think Berringer would have fallen into that category. He was a great guy, but just didn't have the skills or the arm to be an NFL QB. As far as your reliance on NFL draft experts, there are a lot of people on this site that I have more respect for in terms of skill analysis than Mel Kiper, or other so-called experts like him.

I love how fast someone gets annoited the "NEXT" somebody when they have one good game. Remember Joe Dailey's preformance in the Red/White game in Cally's first year, all they hype he received? Let's cool the jets and let him play a few games before he becomes the next Romo or Montana or whomever you are comparing him to...Also, no matter how good he may be at QB, remember he can't tackle and that's what we need more then anything.

Think about it – Berringer was the closest thing Nebraska had that resembled a true NFL QB in 20 years. I have no doubt whatsoever that he was going to be drafted, and he would have at least gotten a shot on the field. I believe he would have had at worst a decent NFL career. The kid could really play.

I'd say that Scott Frost was more of an NFL type QB than Berringer, and the NFL didn't even consider giving Frost a shot at QB. Berringer's numbers were nothing spectacular. Sure compared to Mickey Joseph and Joe Dailey, Berringer looks like a great NFL style QB, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Actually, Mark Mauer did play, and start, in the NFL for several years after being a 3rd stringer at Nebraska. So I would say that he was probably the closest thing Nebraska had that resembled a true NFL quarterback in 20 years.

Berrringer was a fine quarterback, much faster than Ganz and well-suited to the style of game Nebraska played and won a ton of games with.

Ganz is a much better passer (so far) than Berringer, and better suited to our current style of play.

This is awfully early to be annoiting Ganz as an NFL prospect. Let's let him play in a few more games and see where he ends up. In all actuality, Keller is probably the best NFL prospect of the three of them.

I love how fast someone gets annoited the "NEXT" somebody when they have one good game. Remember Joe Dailey's preformance in the Red/White game in Cally's first year, all they hype he received? Let's cool the jets and let him play a few games before he becomes the next Romo or Montana or whomever you are comparing him to...Also, no matter how good he may be at QB, remember he can't tackle and that's what we need more then anything.

Actually, after the lick he laid on that Mildcat DB, I'm not sure he couldn't tackle. :lol:

I think Huskerexpat is underselling Berringer.