Ganz Should have been....

Coach Tuz

Doesn't this infuriate anyone else; that we had this man sitting on the sidelines for the season? It further proves that Callahan does not know his own personnel. There are some darn good football players just foaming at the mouth to play defense to make plays too.

But this qb situation really makes me wonder what this kid could have done all season if he had been named the starter from the beginning. It looks as if the players respond to him real well in two games and the intensity is starting to go back up again. And believe me that has nothing to do with Callahan, he is a puppet right now on strings. Those strings will be cut no matter what his outcome against CU and a possible bowl bid and win. It's just a shame we will never know what could have been this year with Ganz at the helm.

It's just a shame we will never know what could have been this year with Ganz at the helm.

You're right but there's no need IMO to rehash the coulda, woulda, shoulda's in this scenario because we'll never know. It's too hard to say exactly how the season would have turned out.

You are exactly, but it is irritating as hell knowing the outstanding performances given so far.

I understand. I find myself asking the same what if questions, but there's really no right answer for them. It's just too hard to say how Ganz' season would have gone if he would have been the starter or how the teams record would have played out. I wonder, if Callahan were to have given Ganz the starting position, 1) how may people would have called him an idiot claiming Keller was the better QB and 2) how many of those same people would be calling for his head on a platter if our record were 7-3 or 8-2 or even 9-1 right now.

I dont know what you are all talking about. According to Bill Callahan this is all just production of the system. If I was in the system for say 3 years i could have thrown for 500 yards also, its not like what Ganz did was that great because Callahan runs the greates system ever conceived by a football coach. :sarcasm

I understand. I find myself asking the same what if questions, but there's really no right answer for them. It's just too hard to say how Ganz' season would have gone if he would have been the starter or how the teams record would have played out. I wonder, if Callahan were to have given Ganz the starting position, 1) how may people would have called him an idiot claiming Keller was the better QB and 2) how many of those same people would be calling for his head on a platter if our record were 7-3 or 8-2 or even 9-1 right now.

Just to set the record straight between you and I; I have never liked this guy from the beginning and I stated so on here many a time watching games the last four years.

But you are right, I would have enjoyed the success, but still not been a fan of his, especially if the defense would have suffered the way it is now without him doing something about it.

I dont know what you are all talking about. According to Bill Callahan this is all just production of the system. If I was in the system for say 3 years i could have thrown for 500 yards also, its not like what Ganz did was that great because Callahan runs the greates system ever conceived by a football coach. :sarcasm

[/quote

boy that would make me want to play my guts out knowing that now matter what the system would make me a star :sarcasm

Billy boy promised Keller the job and thats why he came here last year.. No other excuses are needed he promised Keller the job cause he was worried he didnt have a good QB to replace Taylor.. Just shows how bad of a coach he is not being able to see whats right in front of him with Ganz an hell who even knows what else we have there with the other 3 qbs we have.. Ask your self whens the last time Keller threw for or 500 yards and didnt have a turn over.. Ganz is awsome and I cant wait till next year to see him run his offense with a new coach...

I still think Keller could have been really, really good this year. I question Callahan's ability to implement a system that is simple enough to use the talent he has. I think if Keller had had a couple of years in the system he'd have done that, too.

I agree with that as well. Using Taylor as an example, Keller's 2nd year (if it were there) I believe would have been better than his first.

I think this might be taking it a bit far. We have no idea how the season would have gone with Ganz at the helm just like we have no idea whether or not Keller would have had an even better day than Ganz did against KState. I guess you're willing to let his 4 pics slide against KU? Those 4 pics did turn into 28 points in a blowout loss to KU. Who's to say we wouldn't have lost the Wake game with Ganz at the helm? Maybe even the Ball State game.

Let's just take Ganz's performance at face value. He had a great record setting day last Saturday. Let's not turn it into something that it's not. How many Bronco fans would love to have Jake the Snake back?

hindsight is always 20/20

90% of husker nation was expecting, and had no problem with, Sam Keller being the starting quarterback.

AND, the offense didn't lose us games, defense did.

Remember,

If Joe Ganz is almighty, and I'm a big fan of the kid, don't get me wrong, but if he was truly the answer, wouldn't he have found a way to win in Lawerence?