"Breaking News"...Just on KETV Channel 7, Omaha

NX014Ever

However fair or unfair it is people will associate these jokers with ALL of Husker Nation. You really can’t pick and choose who is a “fan” of your favorite team. Crap I don’t want to be associated with half the people on this board or a lot of the people at the games. (Definitely the goofs in Row 70 seats 8-12 of the section I sit in) The point is the people that are making these calls or saying the crap that is being said are “fans” they are just disillusioned “fans”. You may not agree with what they are doing or saying and I DON’T but I believe in their minds they aren’t doing anything wrong. We are all not the same type of fan, some cheer for everything, some complain about everything and some are just plain stupid. I think these people fall under the just plain stupid group.

I really agree with you, newearth. Frankly, I don't care if ESPN or SI or anyone else thinks less of us because of this. I want you and me and all the other Husker Fans to know that we're still cool. That's all I care about. Outsiders to the program - couldn't care less what they think, good or ill.

We may lose the title of "greatest college football fans in America" after this season.

I agree. I think that this season has showcased a swath of poor fan behavior on our part. I wouldn't be surprised to hear people talk about how our fans have grown bitter and unfriendly.

What have YOU done that is poor behavior? What have YOU done that is bitter and unfriendly?

I'm guessing nothing. I'm guessing that you have continued to be the cool, friendly fan that you've likely always been (I'm assuming here, but I'm probably right).

So if YOU have always been, and continue to be, that great fan, what makes you think the vast majority of the rest of us haven't? And when you say you think the vast majority of us are more than likely the same good fan you are, it's not a great logical leap to realize that we're all really good fans, and it's only a tiny minority of people who are doing these stupid things.

I'm going to keep harping on this until I convince every Husker Fan in America that we're still good fans. Just because a few nitwits do dumb things doesn't make the rest of us bad fans.

And I'll say this for the 1,000th time - it does not matter what anyone who is not a Husker Fan thinks of us. As long as we stay cool, we're going to be OK.

check Steve Pedersons phone records WTF

That is just ridiculous!!! This was undoubtedly a disturbed individual and in no way should it be ascribed to Pederson or any Husker fan. Regardless of what any of us think about Pederson, he isn't that kind of guy. It's an aberration and nothing more. It is not the act of a Husker fan!

:o

Dont get your Knickers bound up ,that was a joke !!!!!

Not funny at all..... :asshat

This is a serious matter. Don't make light of it!!! :box

Like I said dont get your knickers bound up much tighter you might bust!!!!!!! :asshat :asshat

There was just a Breaking news segment on KETV that Cosgrove had a death threat via voice mail. "Go back where you came from (expletive deleted) before I kill you." was what the screen said. It is still a developing story...

*EDIT* here's a link to the story...

http://www.ketv.com/sports/14598385/detail.html

It was just some idiot on drugs with no life. Obviously NOT even a Husker fan. Why anybody would get all fired up about this "news" story is beyond me. This piece of crap probably doesn't even remember making the call anyway. Either that or it was some F#####g Hillbilly trying to stir stuff up...The dude is definately an :asshat