"Breaking News"...Just on KETV Channel 7, Omaha

NX014Ever

It could have been a Colorado fan trying to do all he could to help the buffs win and put a bad light on our fan base.

Oh get over yourself. I've heard CU fans accused of some preposterous things in my day, but this is WAY over the top...

Football in Colorado doesn't have that level of fanaticism attached to it, nor will it ever. If you were gearing up to play Oklahoma or LSU, I could see your point being somewhat valid, but that's not something a CU fan would do.

Bad CU fans are known to drink, swear, and occasionally throw things, but they don't threaten the lives of opposing teams' coaches in an attempt to circuitously give Colorado some sort of convoluted advantage in a game that's taking place a month after they make their phone call.

lol, sorry, i should have said that he could have been a fan of some other program or none at all for all we know, just some guy being a jackass and hoping to see his stupidity being recycled in the media. I shouldn't have put any team in there or anything , I guess I was just trying to be somewhat facetious which doesn't translate well in text. I'm not a big fan of Ockham's Razor, but there are ALOT of stupid people in this state, fortunately most of them aren't like this guy and are nice and stupid rather than big fat idiots. I aggree with everyone that hopefully they catch this guy (how can you not?)

Did anyone else hear that insesent tearing noise and then a loud crash?.............That was us ripping through what we thought was rock bottom and then crashing into the basement. Thanks to the jack@ss who just put our fanbase into the same conversation as Miami, Colorado, and Missery. Thanks for nothing you no talent @ss clown. Was drinking beer and beating your wife and kids not fun enough anymore you D-Bag? I hope they catch this a-hole and make him eat $hit.

Greatest fans my ass. Even if it is just one person, sheds a bad light on all of us AND given that every fan from here to the high heavens are whining and complaining for the past 4 years about every single freaking thing from calls on the field to what the coaches say to the clothes that they wear to what they eat for lunch...

I think we lost the distinction of 'greatest fans' a long time ago folks. We just haven't realized in our own minds yet.

We are not entitled to anything. Doesn't matter what we think. We are not. We are no beter than anybody else. Our fans have proved that.

We are entitled to watch our team, support our team. That's it.

Here's what you do: YOU go ahead and believe that this guy somehow represents YOU. YOU can mentally lump YOURSELF into the same category as the kind of person who would do this. YOU take responsibility for this, YOU castigate yourself for this, and YOU can go right ahead and consider YOURSELF a bad fan because of this.

I'm going to keep my belief that the fans of the University of Nebraska are today the same fans they've always been. I'm going to continue being a good fan, and I'm going to continue to disassociate myself from these kinds of people.

Don't throw me and every other good Husker fan under the bus because ONE GUY did something that is totally against the values of every other Husker fan.

What amazes me is that someone would even need to be told this kind of thing.

Did anyone else hear that insesent tearing noise and then a loud crash?.............That was us ripping through what we thought was rock bottom and then crashing into the basement. Thanks to the jack@ss who just put our fanbase into the same conversation as Miami, Colorado, and Missery. Thanks for nothing you no talent @ss clown. Was drinking beer and beating your wife and kids not fun enough anymore you D-Bag? I hope they catch this a-hole and make him eat $hit.

Why? Because of one guy who claims to be a Husker fan but who instead did something that goes against what makes someone a Husker? WE did not hit rock bottom, HE hit rock bottom.

I get your frustration with this situation, but don't lump all of us into this guy's stupidity. We are not responsible, and we should not take the hit for this.

Why? Because of one guy who claims to be a Husker fan but who instead did something that goes against what makes someone a Husker? WE did not hit rock bottom, HE hit rock bottom.

I get your frustration with this situation, but don't lump all of us into this guy's stupidity. We are not responsible, and we should not take the hit for this.

Your missing the point. We are all guilty by association, it doesnt matter that we are not responsible for his actions and that we shouldnt take the hit, but we will. The news media will blow this up and say "look NU fans are just like everyone else now". It doesnt matter that it was one isolated incident, because that is all it takes...example Lawrence Phillips, anyone who isn't an NU fan only remembers TO for letting LP play in the 95 NC. Now we are going to be known as the fanbase who calls in death threats, formerly known as the "Greatest Fans on Earth" and YES WE did hit rock bottom about two weeks ago when KU hung 76 on us. I thought that was as bad as it could get.............evidently not, now we have people calling death threats in on our coaches.

Anyone who thinks that this guy may not be a Husker fan has been drinking way to much kool-aid. Why would anyone from another fanbase go to the hassle of getting Cozs phone# and making the call? Just so he can try to make us look bad. That is way to big of a stretch, just connect the dots. We lose by the worst margian in school history and that night a coach gets a death threat. So dont try and pass this off as it not being an NU fan, because that is insulting everones intelligence.

Your missing the point. We are all guilty by association, it doesnt matter that we are not responsible for his actions and that we shouldnt take the hit, but we will. The news media will blow this up and say "look NU fans are just like everyone else now". It doesnt matter that it was one isolated incident, because that is all it takes...example Lawrence Phillips, anyone who isn't an NU fan only remembers TO for letting LP play in the 95 NC. Now we are going to be known as the fanbase who calls in death threats, formerly known as the "Greatest Fans on Earth" and YES WE did hit rock bottom about two weeks ago when KU hung 76 on us. I thought that was as bad as it could get.............evidently not, now we have people calling death threats in on our coaches.

Anyone who thinks that this guy may not be a Husker fan has been drinking way to much kool-aid. Why would anyone from another fanbase go to the hassle of getting Cozs phone# and making the call? Just so he can try to make us look bad. That is way to big of a stretch, just connect the dots. We lose by the worst margian in school history and that night a coach gets a death threat. So dont try and pass this off as it not being an NU fan, because that is insulting everones intelligence.

No, no - I get your point. Why you care what the national media thinks of us is beyond me. I couldn't care less. I don't care if they subjectively brand us "the greatest fans of all time" or "the worst fans of all time." It doesn't affect me either way, because they're not Huskers. They don't know and don't get what we're about, all they want to do is sell their newspaper/broadcast/website and they'll do it any way they can. They're going to publish the most salacious accusations against any program if it sells.

Let me ask you this – how many people in the State Pen or in Tecumseh do you think consider themselves Husker Fans? None? Most? All? Do we share in the guilt of their crimes, too? Of course not! So this guy who got Cos’ number is probably a “Husker Fan,” but he’s certainly not the kind of fan you and I are. He’s more likely the kind of fan the guys in the Pen are, the only difference being his crime will have been directly at a coach.

They’re all criminals. They’re all Husker Fans. But we are not all the same.

Don’t sweat what the national media calls us. They’re just selling stories.

Cosgrove has put up with way too much. Everybody knows he's GONE after the year is over, so why is everybody still harassing him? The picture of him leaving the KU game in tears was enough for me to see that he's not a villain lounging around counting his buyout money and laughing. He's a defeated man who just wants to get out of here. Whoever made a death threat to him . . . well, I think Drowning said it best.

Wow, that's pretty f'd up.

I say, when they catch the guy, they let Adi practice kicking on his nuts. :nutz

However fair or unfair it is people will associate these jokers with ALL of Husker Nation. You really can’t pick and choose who is a “fan” of your favorite team. Crap I don’t want to be associated with half the people on this board or a lot of the people at the games. (Definitely the goofs in Row 70 seats 8-12 of the section I sit in) The point is the people that are making these calls or saying the crap that is being said are “fans” they are just disillusioned “fans”. You may not agree with what they are doing or saying and I DON’T but I believe in their minds they aren’t doing anything wrong. We are all not the same type of fan, some cheer for everything, some complain about everything and some are just plain stupid. I think these people fall under the just plain stupid group.

Also I think blaming it on Alcohol is lame and a cop-out. People shouldn’t get a pass because they are drunk and do something stupid. That is what is wrong with this country people always find something else to blame instead of just accepting the fact that there are people out there that have NO values and really don’t care about anybody but themselves.