"Breaking News"...Just on KETV Channel 7, Omaha

NX014Ever

I caught this on the radio just now while driving, and I absolutely KNEW that when I came back here there would be someone out there ready to knock us off the fictional "greatest fans in college football" pedestal.

What a shock... there it is. ^^^^

I mean COME ON!!!! Are you freaking kidding me? Some nut job gets ahold of Cosgrove's phone number and leaves a stupid, stupid message, and WE are all thrown under the bus for that?

Are you kidding me?

Here's what I'm going to do. Every person who says this puts all Husker fans in a bad light, I'm going to write down their screen names, and then I'm going to go out and speed through my neighborhood. When the cops pull me over, I'll say, "Oh, don't write me a ticket officer - write [insert name here] because I represent him. Write him the ticket."

I'm certain that'll get me off the ticket, won't it?

That's the logic being used when you say this idiot represents Husker Fans.

Think about that.

I hope they find the dumb sumbitch who would stoop to that and lock his ass up for a very long time......best fans....people like that make me friggin want to kick their a$$......

It's friggin football....a GAME, you freak..... Hell, I hate the JOB that Coz has done, but I don't hate the man......

some people just don't understand LIFE !!!

Probably some drunkass after the game being stupid. I hope they get everything that's coming to them!

That's probably the situation, a drunk doing something that under other circumstances wouldn't be done. Nevertheless, the perp should be punished to the max! :o

I caught this on the radio just now while driving, and I absolutely KNEW that when I came back here there would be someone out there ready to knock us off the fictional "greatest fans in college football" pedestal.

What a shock... there it is. ^^^^

I mean COME ON!!!! Are you freaking kidding me? Some nut job gets ahold of Cosgrove's phone number and leaves a stupid, stupid message, and WE are all thrown under the bus for that?

Are you kidding me?

Here's what I'm going to do. Every person who says this puts all Husker fans in a bad light, I'm going to write down their screen names, and then I'm going to go out and speed through my neighborhood. When the cops pull me over, I'll say, "Oh, don't write me a ticket officer - write [insert name here] because I represent him. Write him the ticket."

I'm certain that'll get me off the ticket, won't it?

That's the logic being used when you say this idiot represents Husker Fans.

Think about that.

Yeah, the cops will know where they live by their screen names! :sarcasm Personaly, I think that the media will run with it, and blow it all out of proportion. Just like they always do with these stories. Maybe Herbstreit :asshat will comment on it, and tell the "Husker Nation" to get over it too. That sounds like something that he would do! I think we all know that it is just one guy. At least, I hope we do... :dunno

Thats pretty bad.. I mean the man is on his way out of town anywaz why leave a bad taste in his mouth about Nebraska.. Coz isnt a very good coach but I will give him that he doesnt deserve this crap and he is a pretty stand up guy.. I just cant believe someone would do that, cant wait till they catch him.. Outside of football these are real people with real familys, just like when a bunch of idiot fans booed an heckled Coz's son at a lincoln high football game early this year, I didnt think that was funny nor right an the man just strugged it off an said thats what happens when your a football coach... I hope Coz sees this was one fan and he doesnt represent all the fans...

The poor guy really needs to turn in his resignation. There's no sense in going through this, and there is nothing good on the horizon for him here. I do feel for him, because it seems that he does take the defensive failure to heart. For whatever reason, though, it just isn't working for him here.

Resign, take some time off, and take a deep breath.

Simply UNBELIEVABLE!

:wtf

Coz is not a good D coordinator and I question his coaching ability in general. I think most of us do. But he is doing the best he can. It is not good enough but he is the last person that wanted what we have now.

This caller should be jailed on federal phone harrasment charges and treated like a terrorist. I feel for him and his family. Nobody deserves this crap. I can't even imagine going through something like this with my wife, kids and family. I really wish there was a way to show Coz no sane person, husker fan or not, agrees with this complete unthinkable stupidity. What a fool. Drunk or not you need to control yourself and deal with the after math when you don't. I hope it was just anger and frustration talking and not literally meant. Just the same, I hope they catch him and make an example of him. This should not be tolerated by anyone in any situation. Simply unbelievable.

WOW :angry:

We may lose the title of "greatest college football fans in America" after this season.

BS!!!!! This has nothing at all to do with Husker fans. It's a distortion and nothing more. :box

i really do disagree, even tough it does not mean that we are all bad fans, the media will play it that way and crap like this will affect recruiting, potential coaches, etc. its the same type of crap as fans booing his son, or a few people booing at games, the media will put it in a bad light.

I'd like to apologize to Kevin Cosgrove and his family on behalf of the moron who decided to leave that message. That is absolutely uncalled for and I hope that whoever did that is able to be brought to justice. Throw insults around on the message board, but leave the man alone. Most may think he isn't doing a great job, but nobody deserves that.

Thats pretty bad.. I mean the man is on his way out of town anywaz why leave a bad taste in his mouth about Nebraska.. Coz isnt a very good coach but I will give him that he doesnt deserve this crap and he is a pretty stand up guy.. I just cant believe someone would do that, cant wait till they catch him.. Outside of football these are real people with real familys, just like when a bunch of idiot fans booed an heckled Coz's son at a lincoln high football game early this year, I didnt think that was funny nor right an the man just strugged it off an said thats what happens when your a football coach... I hope Coz sees this was one fan and he doesnt represent all the fans...

The person that did this is NOT a Husker Fan. One of the key characteristics of a true Husker fan is that they are warm, friendly, do-anything-for-ya; give you the shirt off their backs, applaud the fine job you do even if you are from the other team!! AND THEY ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. NO! This was NOT from a Husker fan.