Three weeks ago, I wanted the whole coaching staff skinned alive while soaking in vinegar. Not so anymore. And not really even because we won last week. Its all been Joe Ganz. I think he showed us all that when someone with a little motivation gets in there, our offense really does kick some ass. Obviously the K-State game helped. The offense under him has scored more points than nebraska as (nearly) ever seen. Only two games, but I think if we see 3 game winning streak, or at least high scoring streak we should think about keeping BC around.

Here's a good article out today:

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2007/11/...t_be_cheat.html

Cosgrove should have been gone four weeks ago...at least. Also all these rumors about BC having another job lined up...just not true. He really really does want to stay and if he doesn't get fired because he puts on a good show these last couple games, he will stay, and I honestly won't be very sad. This is why TO said he would wait, you never know what will happen. Our team has crazy physical talent, and I think once they get a leader (Ganz?) and some good D (as seen this past saturday), they can kick some serious ass. Anyone out there agree?

Again, Cosgrove should be long gone.

Three weeks ago, I wanted the whole coaching staff skinned alive while soaking in vinegar. Not so anymore. And not really even because we won last week. Its all been Joe Ganz. I think he showed us all that when someone with a little motivation gets in there, our offense really does kick some ass. Obviously the K-State game helped. The offense under him has scored more points than nebraska as (nearly) ever seen. Only two games, but I think if we see 3 game winning streak, or at least high scoring streak we should think about keeping BC around.

Cosgrove should have been gone four weeks ago...at least. Also all these rumors about BC having another job lined up...just not true. He really really does want to stay and if he doesn't get fired because he puts on a good show these last couple games, he will stay, and I honestly won't be very sad. This is why TO said he would wait, you never know what will happen. Our team has crazy physical talent, and I think once they get a leader (Ganz?) and some good D (as seen this past saturday), they can kick some serious ass. Anyone out there agree?

No no nooooooo!!! Damage has been done for BC he has made his bed now he will lay in it... 1 or 2 good games doesnt erase what he has done.. I give Callahan no credit for Ganz whats so ever the kid worked his butt off to learn the system and thats all.. BC craped all over him by not making her the starter at the start of the season so Ganz will play his ass off the last 1 or 2 games knowing BC will be gone an Ganz will have a great year next year..

No - It's a done deal! Cally knows it, and so does Ganz. Joe is going to go balls out against CU because he knows it will make the starting QB position his to lose. This is his shot at next year and he knows it. If he comes out and plays mediocre when he has the chance he may as well kiss his senior year good-bye.

No - It's a done deal! Cally knows it, and so does Ganz. Joe is going to go balls out against CU because he knows it will make the starting QB position his to lose. This is his shot at next year and he knows it. If he comes out and plays mediocre when he has the chance he may as well kiss his senior year good-bye.

I dont know about that.. I think its still going to be his to lose next year even if he has a bad game which I dont think he will but could happen.. The next coach will take a good look at him an I think he is the man for the job no matter what offense the new coach brings in....

I dont know about that.. I think its still going to be his to lose next year even if he has a bad game which I dont think he will but could happen.. The next coach will take a good look at him an I think he is the man for the job no matter what offense the new coach brings in....

I agree - However, if he would not have come out and play like he has, I think his chances at starting next year would be less.

I agree. I really really really don't want to start all over AGAIN. We gave him a 5 year contract initially. Let him have his time. But, yes Cosgrove has to be gone.

I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Disagree. Reports are out that Callllllahan's agent was shopping around for NFL jobs for Bill in 2005. The only reason why he is still here is because nobody else wants him. The next job he gets will likely be a lower-level college job or a hookup as an assitant with an "old friend" like Gruden.

I agree. I really really really don't want to start all over AGAIN. We gave him a 5 year contract initially. Let him have his time. But, yes Cosgrove has to be gone.

I guess we will see in a few weeks.

I believe Callahan had a 6 year contract initially

Disagree. Reports are out that Callllllahan's agent was shopping around for NFL jobs for Bill in 2005. The only reason why he is still here is because nobody else wants him. The next job he gets will likely be a lower-level college job or a hookup as an assitant with an "old friend" like Gruden.

Agree - report I heard today is that BC to pitt panthers (very strong possibility) or to TB with Gruden -

Monday after the CU game Bo to be introduced as next coach fwiw

I was thinking that Cosgrove should have been gone last year. The defense has not been worthy of Blackshirts since Cosgrove has been at the helm. I think if Callahan would have fired Cosgrove earlier and shown that he is making an effort to get better then he should have been given another chance. But, Callahan is showing loyalty to his friend and unfortunately that will cost both of them their jobs.

My biggest problem with the article's opinion is that it makes no mention of who Cally would replace Coz with. Why should we have any faith that he could hire a decent D coordinator? If Osborne "brought" someone in, who would be that person's boss? TO or Cally? Could a firing D coord like McBride or Pelini be able to co-exist with the bland Cally? I dont think so. I think this opinion lacked foresight.

I think Cally hitched his wagon to Cosgrove by not firing him so he's gone too. If he had just fired Cosgrove he might have been granted a reprieve for next year but it's far too late now. One win, even two isn't going to change anything at this point.

I agree with this. I think callahan's greatest problem was not firing Cosgrove. Here's the deal with Callahan in my mind, both for and against him. First, he is a TERRIBLE play caller...awful. but the last few weeks he hasn't been calling most the plays, and the offense has REALLY done well. He does put together a solid offense. He always has. His offense has rarely been to blame for poor performance, even this year when it was sucking, it was just feeding of a really bad defense. Callahan also hasn't taken a strong enough stance about excellence, he doesn't do well inspiring the players, and he should have fired Cosgrove. He is also pretty good at recruiting...before all this mess we had the #2 QB in the nation comming to a pretty crappy school...thats good recruiting. In summary, I won't be against getting rid of him, but if we keep him (and he shows us he CAN win these last two games) I won't be sad as long as we get a new DC