All the names for coach

:thumbs I heard Butch Davis' name as head coach. He just started at NC do we really think he will leave after one season?

Jim Leavitt turned USF from nothing to big timers. Do we really think he will leave what he worked so hard to create?

Tommy Tuberville is doing a good job at Auburn but would he really leave a good team for a team in turmoil?

Turner Gill is building Buffalo to something. But if I were him it would be a big decision. We didn't want him before as HC so why would he want to come back? Plus the pressure is high and in Buffalo he can relax.

Norv Turner, really guys 1st season coaching the chargers do we really think he will leave after one year to come here?

Bo Pelini, we can cross our fingers and hope Lloyd Carr doesn't retire. If he does Les Miles will most likely bolt to the blue and Pelini will get a promotion.

Joe Glenn only because he is a hometown guy, only reason. Wyoming hasn't done much and they don't look like they are going anywhere soon.

Jim Harbaugh (my 1st pick) but I don't think he will leave Stanford he is in his first season with them.

I like Paul Johnson or Brian Kelly both are talented and have good resumes, I think they need a chance to move to a big time school in a big time conference (look at Urban Meyer,Jim Tressel). The guys need a chance to shine

My top 3

1. Jim Harbaugh-young and a great knowledge :thumbs

2. Butch Davis-great college coach with great defenses

3. Brian Kelly-good coach with a good resume

4. Paul Johnson-took a not so good team into someone that can compete.

What does everyone else think?

Pelini wants Nebraska.

Nebraska wants Pelini.

Those feelings have only grown since Steve Pederson snubbed Bo and found Callahan under a dark cloud in Oakland.

Osborne is playing this by the book and has effectively placed Callahan in a box. Callahan cannot counterpunch with Tom because the good doctor isn't entering the ring (at least not in public).

Callahan and his agent over-reached in their buyout terms. The "higher ups" called BC's bluff and decided to leave BC in place through the Colorado game.

There is no panic in the top office in north stadium because everything is falling into place.

Patience is a virtue.

Pelini wants Nebraska.

Nebraska wants Pelini.

Those feelings have only grown since Steve Pederson snubbed Bo and found Callahan under a dark cloud in Oakland.

Osborne is playing this by the book and has effectively placed Callahan in a box. Callahan cannot counterpunch with Tom because the good doctor isn't entering the ring (at least not in public).

Callahan and his agent over-reached in their buyout terms. The "higher ups" called BC's bluff and decided to leave BC in place through the Colorado game.

There is no panic in the top office in north stadium because everything is falling into place.

Patience is a virtue.

i think that you're argument is the best one i've heard for why they haven't pulled the trigger yet. still hate it though.

Turner Gill is building Buffalo to something. But if I were him it would be a big decision. We didn't want him before as HC so why would he want to come back? Plus the pressure is high and in Buffalo he can relax

First off, I don't think Gill is going to feel slighted in the least that he didn't get the job before when he was young (after T.O. retired) or because Pedey didn't pick him (after Solich was canned). If Osborne asks him, it's a done deal (Tom was the best man in Gill's wedding, they still keep in touch regularly).

Secondly, I doubt Turner would turn down the job just because it is too high pressure. That's a poor way to go through life, staying mediocre just so you never have any pressure. I don't think Turner has any problem with being under pressure, I hear he was a pretty decent QB when he was younger, won a few games.

Be assured--This is Gill's dream job. It's his alma mater and his mentor would be asking him to come. If Tom asks Gill, he'll be on the next plane over.

I still think we need a proven college coach, someone that has won in college and has knowledge of the college game. We need to stay away from the NFL guys they never seem to do well in college. Just like the college guys usually don't do well in the NFL (look at butch davis and Steve Spurrier). A college guy with college head coaching experience. This is still Nebraska one of the most storied programs in the country. We should be able to land a big college name. How wouldn't want to come work with Tom(the greatest coach of all time) :bonez

:thumbs I heard Butch Davis' name as head coach. He just started at NC do we really think he will leave after one season?

Jim Leavitt turned USF from nothing to big timers. Do we really think he will leave what he worked so hard to create?

Tommy Tuberville is doing a good job at Auburn but would he really leave a good team for a team in turmoil?

Turner Gill is building Buffalo to something. But if I were him it would be a big decision. We didn't want him before as HC so why would he want to come back? Plus the pressure is high and in Buffalo he can relax.

Norv Turner, really guys 1st season coaching the chargers do we really think he will leave after one year to come here?

Bo Pelini, we can cross our fingers and hope Lloyd Carr doesn't retire. If he does Les Miles will most likely bolt to the blue and Pelini will get a promotion.

Joe Glenn only because he is a hometown guy, only reason. Wyoming hasn't done much and they don't look like they are going anywhere soon.

Jim Harbaugh (my 1st pick) but I don't think he will leave Stanford he is in his first season with them.

I like Paul Johnson or Brian Kelly both are talented and have good resumes, I think they need a chance to move to a big time school in a big time conference (look at Urban Meyer,Jim Tressel). The guys need a chance to shine

My top 3

1. Jim Harbaugh-young and a great knowledge :thumbs

2. Butch Davis-great college coach with great defenses

3. Brian Kelly-good coach with a good resume

4. Paul Johnson-took a not so good team into someone that can compete.

What does everyone else think?

Norv Turner? I don't know where you heard this, but please never mention it again.