This appears to be just speculation, but Glen Mason's name has come up.

I would be less than inspired by that choice...

are you joking me? Glenn Mason? what if anything did he accomplish for my hometown gophers. i played high school football with their current quarterback Adam Weber. that is probably the only thing he did, he got adam to stay home instead of going to wisconsin.

Glenn Mason and TO are buds, so I would think maybe they have talked about the woes of NU football. However, I really doubt they've talked about Mason becoming our next HC. For one, his age is against him. For two, well he didn't have any success at Minnesota. I'm sure TO has talked to several of his buddies. I'm sure he's talked with Solich as I believe that was documented. I'm sure he's talked to Switzer, etc. It doesn't mean any of them will be the next HC.

Mason is a solid coach, Minn should've just made him make some staffing-changes rather than fire him. But Neb's standards are higher. No way Neb hires a guy that did just OK(respectable but nothing special) then got canned at Minnesota. I'd say he is better than Callahan, if TO brought in a grade-A defensive staff Mason would likely get us back to top25 status. But Neb needs a guy that will get us back to top10 status. Mason isn't that guy.

On 1620-The Zone this afternoon, they were creating the New 2008 coaching staff for NU. A former player from Minnesota who played under Mason said, 'You don't want Mason for your Head Coach. The guy is a first class jerk.' Then he went on to talk about how badly the players were treated under Mason.

People were calling in with their votes on who would be the new coach. I think the final vote was like Turner Gill 7; Bo Pelini 9 and 'Others' 12. We don't have long to wait now!