Tom Osborne emphatic

Osborne Speaks The story is copyrighted by AP and they don't want unauthorized distribution so you'll have to follow the link to SI.

Maybe TO wasn't brought in as a hatchet man (I don't think he would accept such a nasty job), and maybe nobody really knows what he is going to do.

His denials are pretty strong and it makes no sense to me that he would want to play with his credibility by saying one thing and doing another.

Doesn't mean BC won't get the axe, but doesn't mean he definitely will either.

He is probably getting sick of answering the same stupid questions over and over again. I know most want Callahan gone, but if Osborne can see merit in what Callahan is doing, then I believe he will get another shot(provided he makes changes). I think the fact that TO has been through here and knows how hard it is after being nearly run off in the late 70's gives Callahan a shot at sticking around. I think the fact that Callahan and staff are spending this week hitting the state of Nebraska hard shows that Callahan is trying to appease Osborne and wants to stay by doing this. I think Cosgrove and an assistant or two will have to go and Osborne will probably call for some other adjustments. I believe that if Osborne believes that Callahan can be successful, he will not fire him. Osborne is a healer, not an axe man. He is a teacher and educator, above all else, and wants continuity for this program. Blindly firing Callahan would be an incredibly foolish move in his eyes, based on how he operates. I would not be surprised if Callahan is here next year.

TO said he will meet with the staff on Monday following the CU game from day one and he just hasn't changed that and he wants people to just stay calm.

Just understand something will take place Monday between TO and the current staff and we should get an idea of whats to come from there.

The article said he will meet with the staff on November 24. That is Saturday, one day following the Colorado game.

holy sh#t, i am getting nervous. i just don't think T.O. can make BC change and that is the only way the bastard will change, under duress.

i think he is way too proud to knuckle under to T.O. , way too proud.

25th can't come quick enough, but i will be pissed if he gives BC another year! chuckleshuffle:box

I don't think TO can give BC another chane without his own credibility coming into questioning. Listen all the possible candidates mentioned are way better than BC because they are all into college football. They understand what to do unlike BC. Since BC hasn't fired any of his staff yet, he won't no matter what TO says and therefore BC can't stay.

No way in hell BC is going to stay under Osborne....I think what is being said publicly is for the reporters and the cameras....but even if it isn't being said I think the decision was already made when Kansas scored 48 points in the first half and Cosgrove still had a job....BC couldn't fire Cos...so it will cost him his job too.

Why keep BC around?? I mean you have already lost your two most highly regarded recruits. And I doubt they re-commit if BC stays. TO in the paper said he likes the spread option, BC will not run that.

TO has talked about the importance of the program maintaining the "Husker" feel. The only feel BC knows is the cold NFL way.

Why keep BC around?? I mean you have already lost your two most highly regarded recruits. And I doubt they re-commit if BC stays. TO in the paper said he likes the spread option, BC will not run that.

TO has talked about the importance of the program maintaining the "Husker" feel. The only feel BC knows is the cold NFL way.

I've read and heard so much crap over the past month that it is hard to really believe too much. If Callahan gets let go, I won't be surprised. If he is retained it won't really surprise me either. I think that if Callahan is willing to make changes, Osborne gives him a shot, if not he is gone.

I think the whole Steve Pederson firing was a temporarily diversion until the end of the season. The axe is mighty and it's a comin'.

I dislike how the past month has been dramatized to death. It's been a crazy atmosphere everywhere.

Cally tried, he failed, it didnt work, fans go crazy mad, media stirs the pot, hire Dr. Tom, finish the season, evaluate, and finally... wait for his decision. Nobody knows until Coach Osborne holds a presser.

Well, just because he likes the spread doesn't mean he's going to require that it be our offense. The team kind of is set up to run the WCO right now. So maybe he'd think it would make sense to hire a WCO guy if he cans Cally. After all Pete Carroll is having an awful lot of success with it.

Some gut feeling tells me Osborne won't fire him. I still understand why the interim AD should make the decision, what if the guy that Osborne hires isn't liked by the permanant AD? Pederson/Solich all over again. I guess i could understand Osborne firing Callahan, but i don't think Osborne should do any hiring.

I agree with you. Osborne was brought in to fix things, not to fire people necessarily. If he absolutely has to, he will. I think he wants to avoid making a mistake by hastily making a move. It is definitely a tough position for him.