First Husker Home Game

HuskerMatt

My first home game was in 1962, Devaney's 1st year. I was a freshman at Omaha North. Nebraska beat the crap out of Minnesota which became an annual tradition. The south end zone was just an open field and we sat in bleachers just south of where the Husker players stand. They all seemed so huge to us little guys.

There was no need to find tickets before the game. Just show up and buy them from the little ticket stations set up outside the front of Memorial Stadium. No parking problems either back then. How things have changed!

The first game I really remember was in 1955, we lost to Hawaii. Been doing this a long time boys. Glad to have all you kiddies with us.

My dad was in Hawaii for his tour on the navy when this happened. He got plenty of sh#t for that.

My first game was in 1996, against Missouri. Absolutely beat the piss out of them like 51-7. It was pretty sweet. Not the coolest game, but fun, no doubt.

WOW, thinking of it brings back a lot of memories. It was the 1993 game against Texas Tech. It was a 50-27 whoopin. :bonez

For a 13 year old life long fan it was an amazing experience. It was my dad's first game since he was my age so it was great for him too. We sat in the south end zone 2 rows above the tunnel. The noise was almost deafening and the whole place just shook when the team took the field. I will never forget that experience.

Now that I have a family and two boys of my own I am definitely going to make it back to Lincoln so they can have the experience too.

GBR!!!!

:corndance:corndance:corndance

My Grandparents and my Great Grandma took me to a game vs Mizzou in the mid 80's. We were in the South stadium and up 3 rows from the top. Never seen anything like it. The atmosphere was electric and we won. It was butt a$$ cold though. This was a typical Nebraska winter and by the end of the game there were several inches. It was totally awesome!!!

Mine was Penn State, Id rather not say the date, but it was 1950. I really do not remember much about it. The first game I really remember was in 1955, we lost to Hawaii. Been doing this a long time boys. Glad to have all you kiddies with us.

Hey 'skers..

Been wondering how you were doing. :)

My 1st game?

1978...My Jr. year of HS...

It was also my Dad's 1st game, even though my older Sister and Brother had gone to school there.

T.O, had finally beaten Switzer for the 1st time, and we were #1

Just had to get by Missouri with Kellen Winslow and James Wilder before the Orange Bowl..

Wilder set the school rushing record with 2,357 yards. But it's the 1978 Nebraska game for which he is probably best remembered. In that game, he carried 28 times for 181 yards and four touchdowns including the game-winner in a 35-31 MU victory.

It was sleeting throughout most of the game, but we stayed until after the game and someone was able to pry our stiff frozen bodies off the stands.

We ended up playing Oklahoma in the OB for a rematch..Ozzy was pissed. at the O.B. Committee.

Mine was Penn State, Id rather not say the date, but it was 1950. I really do not remember much about it. The first game I really remember was in 1955, we lost to Hawaii. Been doing this a long time boys. Glad to have all you kiddies with us.

My first was about 1950 also, but I don't remember the opponent. I was a Boy Scout usher through the fifties and sixties and I was a student through most of the seventies. I have been to a lot of home games!! I remember the Fishers, Bill Jennings, and the beginning of the Devaney/Osborne era. I'm old.

I've been a husker fan my whole life, my dad grew up in western Ia Audabun to b exact.....mother is from chicago so shes a notre dame fan but i always sided with the huskers, my first game was the whole family goin to the 2001 neb vs. ND.....god i loved it, and then later that year we went to the Neb vs Okla. game....crouch caught that TD right at us...after that iv bleed husker scarlet sence....goo big red baby :bonez