First Husker Home Game

HuskerMatt

My first home game at memorial Stadium was the Baylor game in 2000. I had just moved to Nebraska from Memphis and we really wanted to get to a game. My parents were from Nebraska but I was raised a husker in Tennessee. We actually ended up buying our tickets right before the game and it was a blessing in disguise. I have been to three or four games since then and we were in the stadium as soon as it opened up. But for this game we got in after the start of the first quarter. It was amazing to walk in and see a packed stadium full of red. It was one of the best experiences in my life. 59 points later my first home game was in the books and I will never forget it.

Even though I was only 9, my first game ever was the "Miracle in Missouri" I will be telling my great grand children about that one!

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!1

My first game was probably 1973. Been too long to remember who we played or what the score was. I think my friend and I rode the bus from Omaha to Lincoln. I've been to several games since then. I moved to Ohio in 1976 and got started going to the games again about 5 years ago. Quite an experience and lots of good memories! (I remember going to Kansas one year in drifting snow. We took garbage bags and put our feet and legs down inside to keep them dry.)

My first Husker game was NU-OU.....when Mitch Krenk caught the "bounce" pass from Gill-Fryar-Krenk...... Nu held on to win ...when Billy Simms (I think) fumbled very late in the game at the NU 10 yd line....crowd stormed field...... I was about 12 years old, and attended with my grand-parents (NU fans) and their best friends from Oklahoma City (OU fans and season ticket holders)....... the tension in the car ride home was absolutely nuts....2 grown couples refusing to talk to each other for approx. 2-3 hours....awesome

I cant remember my first game cause i was way too young but I did go to the Iowa State game this year, and I had a blast! The only things that sucked were that I was so dang excited the night before I literally did not sleep at all so by halftime I was startin feel dazed and confused. The other thing i didnt like was how cramped the stadium was packed in there like sardines. I grew up in Dallas and went to ALOT of Cowboys games and i always thought Texas stadium was bad but then I went to Memorial and holy crap I never felt so chlosterphobic (sp?) in my life!! but would I go again? hells yea hopefully many many more to come!! GBR!!

My first Husker Home game was in 1995 Washington State came to Memorial Stadium, and it was a close one. I had a AM/FM radio with a speaker in one ear listening to the play by play by Pavelka and he said the crowd was as loud as they can remember. My brother and I were in the End zone pretty high up, but we had a great view. The football players were larger than life! My brother and I went to the ISU game that year too for the return of Phillips.