The Big 12 done us wrong

T_O_Bull

I am sure you grew up with the whole OU/NU thing and it was a hell of a series but it isn't there anymore and next season when you guys do get to play each other you will be facing a coach who doesn't give a rat's arse unless he is playing Texas and who the hell knows who your coach will even be, if it is still Cally, well, the first OU/NU game he probably ever saw was last year's Big 12 title game. Times have changed my friend, times have changed.

BB, Callahan coached since the 2004 season. We played OU in 2004 and 2005 regular seasons. If the cycle hasn't become obvious to you yet, each BIG 12 team from the North will play each team from the South, two years on and two years off. Hope that helps...

I travel down to Oklahoma often, and the one thing they say down there, too, is that they miss the yearly rivalry that we had with them. Maybe we need to realign the conference so that Nebraska and Oklahoma are in the same division....lol.

I was just talking to a couple of buddies at work who are Sooner fans and the subject turned to the NU/OU annual game and they both said they would love to see it rekindled.

I am sure you grew up with the whole OU/NU thing and it was a hell of a series but it isn't there anymore and next season when you guys do get to play each other you will be facing a coach who doesn't give a rat's arse unless he is playing Texas and who the hell knows who your coach will even be, if it is still Cally, well, the first OU/NU game he probably ever saw was last year's Big 12 title game. Times have changed my friend, times have changed.

BB, Callahan coached since the 2004 season. We played OU in 2004 and 2005 regular seasons. If the cycle hasn't become obvious to you yet, each BIG 12 team from the North will play each team from the South, two years on and two years off. Hope that helps...

He might have been referring to Stoops with that, I'm not sure. Bring back punctuation in my opinion...

It won't be right until it's played annually on Thanksgiving Day again. Two years on two years off just doesn't cut it.

All the Huskers have to do is win more games, win the North, and they'll play Oklahoma every year at the end of the season in the Big XII Championship. ;)

If they start playing the title game on Thanksgiving Day that might work The game worked out to being a defacto confernce title game back then. Personally, I still want the Texas schools out of the conference anyway. Then it wouldn't be an issue

Husker fans don't hate the Buffs because they're a great challenge, but because of the reputation of their fans, i.e., having to empty the student section during games, etc.

Hey Dr. Fairandbalanced, so should CU hate Nebraska because of the reputation of their fans, i.e. calling in murder threats on their defensive coordinator, etc.?

Husker fans don't hate the Buffs because they're a great challenge, but because of the reputation of their fans, i.e., having to empty the student section during games, etc.

Hey Dr. Fairandbalanced, so should CU hate Nebraska because of the reputation of their fans, i.e. calling in murder threats on their defensive coordinator, etc.?

Wait CU fans hating NU fans is something new? Alert ESPN!!!

You're still hanging around this board, eh? And I see we've been a busy little boy, well on our way to 100 posts. Why? Oh, that's right. It kills time between your diaper wearing/clothes pins on the nipples sessions with Miss Nastylicious. Abuse-R-Us :box

Yea, not playing Oklahoma every year sucks. What gets me worse is that the CU NU "rivalry" was largely made up IMO. How can you say "OK, you and you are going to be rivals now.". WTF is that about?

The way I remember how it came about was that Nebraska tried to get it where you could establish one team as a rival and play them every year. Nebraska tried to get Oklahoma every year but the Oklahoma AD vetoed that since they would already have to play Texas every year, and then having to add Nebraska the top team of the North at the time, would make winning the conference harder. I could see their point but would still like to see both teams playing at the end of the year. I was surprised that they actually let Nebraska keep the day after thanksgiving spot.

By the way when did Kansas and Missouri ever become Nebraska rivals?