Pipeline From The Athletic Dept.

News has leaked from the AD office and here is the basics of what has been leaked.

Callahan and most of his staff will be fired possibly as early as Sunday after the Colorado game.

Pelini met with T.O. the week LSU had the bye. Pelini will be hired as HC with the announcement coming probably after the SEC title game.

Some former Huskers will come in to take certain key coaching positions. Other former Huskers will come in and educate the current players in the traditions of Nebraska football.

There is more but I'll let you be pleasantly surprised in the weeks ahead. Like the OC has the initials TR and SF will coach some part of the defense.

Next year is going to be EXCITING!!!! Hope we make it to a bowl this year too. I'd like to see what these guys can do by then.

how many games has LSU played? 4? it seems every week I read a rumor about Bo meeting with TO and every time its mentioned that its been buy week for LSU :wacko:

How come all the rumors always involve Pelini? Also, wouldnt the HC take some time to choose his own assistants AFTER he is hired? If dude agrees to someone else assembling his staff for him just so he can be head coach, then that is lame. Hiring OC and DC is HUGE. So if that argument gets brushed aside, then the intentions for this rumor is just another attempt at pumping Pelini sunshine. I'm just saying...

How come all the rumors always involve Pelini? Also, wouldnt the HC take some time to choose his own assistants AFTER he is hired? If dude agrees to someone else assembling his staff for him just so he can be head coach, then that is lame. Hiring OC and DC is HUGE. So if that argument gets brushed aside, then the intentions for this rumor is just another attempt at pumping Pelini sunshine. I'm just saying...

That is because Pelini is the hottest commodity out there. The athletic dept knows that tradition start's w/the 'D' and it's in a bad state of disarray. Defense is the highest priority to fix. The Offense has been anemic at times but overall is ranked 18th in the country, and you don't need a stellar O to win the NC. You do however need a great 'D' to be in the elite again. Seeing the 'D' is the highest priority, you need to then hire a defensive minded HC. :)

............wouldnt the HC take some time to choose his own assistants AFTER he is hired? ...........

The story I've been given is that certain people were agreed to by Bo and Tom. Many of the staff will be Bo's sole choice. Tom thinks Bo reminds him of Devaney in his early years and they seem to get along well. Anyway, they are working together to bring in a staff for Bo. Most of it will be decided after Bo is announced HC.

This isn't just another made up post. The information comes via an old friend with statewide influence and University connections. It could be a bunch of crap but I think my friend is well connected enough that it probably is factual. When the AD was cut lose he got word to me about it well before the press conference announcement.

Sorry, you'll have to wait at least 8 more days before you know for sure.

P.S. Don't judge me by my picture. I'm smarter than I look! :D

I would like for that rumor to come true but, I keep reading that Tom Rathman is supposedly quite happy living in California and is quite happy coaching in the NFL.

Wife hates LA. This part may still be in discussion.

if the wife hates LA it is a good thing that rathman is coaching in oakland.

I would like for that rumor to come true but, I keep reading that Tom Rathman is supposedly quite happy living in California and is quite happy coaching in the NFL.

Wife hates LA. This part may still be in discussion.

if the wife hates LA it is a good thing that rathman is coaching in oakland.

Dude, you are bringing logic into a coaching rumors thread. Cease and desist at once. Tom Rathman's wife hates L.A., that means he's applied at NU for Off. Coordinator or Head Coach or Head cook at the Hewitt Training Table. He was there today in fact, serving food to the kids during the bye week. And he did a mighty fine job too.

Tom Osborne has finalized his actual plans: it turns out that they SAVED BOB DEVANEY'S BRAIN!

his brain been installed inside a 9ft robot that looks like Lil' Red and he will now be called the DEVANANATOR 5000 XL. the Devananator will have the same bouncing characteristics of Lil' Red but sound like a cylon when it talks. plus the Devananator will have the ablity to shoot hotdogs and t-shirts into the stands during halftime.

Bob Devaney will have his third national championship...FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

a few questions...

If/when lloyd carr "resigns" from Michigan, and Les Miles takes over the Michigan job, what are the chances of Pelini taking over LSU?

Would LSU want Bo?

If it came down to it, who would Pelini choose? LSU or Nebraska?

I really want Pelini as head coach, but with all of these question marks.....i'll believe it when i see it