Callahan suffering from the plague of Pederson?

It's like having to hold my four-year-old's hands crossing the street.

Here for your reading pleasure, Clone, are two of your posts, where you specifically compare Callahan to Mangino. YOU wrote these, not some "what's his name." Some "what's his name" may have started this but you continued it. The question is valid, and you refuse to answer it.

What's his name did start the comparison.

He and I continued it.

Why do you keep focusing on Mangino?

Simply because for THIS YEAR alone it fits your argument?

How about you use Pete Carroll as your example?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Which question should I answer? You may have asked more questions as well, but I don't want to dig through your posts to look.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

And they say there is no such thing as a dumb question!!

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

don't waste your time with this guy.

You bring up Mangino and his position coaches being great. Clone says it took Mangino SIX years to have a decent team. If this GREAT coach was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town a LONG time ago.

You are saying that Mangino Is a GREAT coach because he beat us twice in 4 years?

Im glad you arent hiring the new coach!

If you are comparing NU football to KU football then you are an idiot, and you will never understand how badly Callllllahan has deicmated this program.

Clownahan did this to himself, he has never been a good coach.

You keep bringingup Mangino like he's a great coach ( which he might be if he beats 3 top 10 teams at the end of the year.) What I was saying is give LSU, USC, Ohio ST, WVU, Georgia, Florida, any top 20 team Kansas schedule and I would guess all of those teams would be undefeated.

What do you want Clone to give Callahan 2 more years so he can schedule like Kansas? Hope that every team in the Big 12 North is as bad as Nebraska, Kansas St, Iowa St is this year and somehow not have to play Texas OR Oklahoma until the Big 12 championship? This is how Kansas has made this big of a turnaround in a year. (you think the press would see this )

Well Nebraska not going to schedule 3 creampuffs and will have to play either texas or Oklahoma. The shame is that Callahan lost to two teams that Kansas played and was blown out both times, that shows he could'nt even Coach NU to an undefeated with that schedule.

It's like having to hold my four-year-old's hands crossing the street.

Here for your reading pleasure, Clone, are two of your posts, where you specifically compare Callahan to Mangino. YOU wrote these, not some "what's his name." Some "what's his name" may have started this but you continued it. The question is valid, and you refuse to answer it.

What's his name did start the comparison.

He and I continued it.

Why do you keep focusing on Mangino?

Simply because for THIS YEAR alone it fits your argument?

How about you use Pete Carroll as your example?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Which question should I answer? You may have asked more questions as well, but I don't want to dig through your posts to look.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

And they say there is no such thing as a dumb question!!

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

don't waste your time with this guy.

You bring up Mangino and his position coaches being great. Clone says it took Mangino SIX years to have a decent team. If this GREAT coach was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town a LONG time ago.

You are saying that Mangino Is a GREAT coach because he beat us twice in 4 years?

Im glad you arent hiring the new coach!

If you are comparing NU football to KU football then you are an idiot, and you will never understand how badly Callllllahan has deicmated this program.

Clownahan did this to himself, he has never been a good coach.

Your warning level has been increased. This is your first warning, a second violation will result in a temporary ban, and a third in a permanent ban.

According to Board Rules:

No Flaming/Trolling/Defamatory posts

Strong opinions are encouraged, and debated is not only welcomed - it's the main reason the board exists. If what you are considering posting doesn’t advance the issue being discussed - if it’s just taking a “shot” at someone - then either don’t post it, or phrase it in a way that meets the rules.

There is absolutely no reason to verbally attack another user (aka flaming), and/or posting a message for the express purpose of generating a negative response (trolling).

Any defamatory posts made against HuskerBoard, its representatives, or any other member may result in an immediate ban or temporary account disablement.

Posts outside of the general theme of the topic which you are posting within will be moved or deleted. Read more about this new board rule.

Actually, Ohio State does have just as weak of schedule as KU. I think they're ranked respectively at 116 & 117 in terms of strength of schedule.

Yes, but they played Illinois why they arent actually great they were still in the top 30 at the time. Name a team that was ranked or even getting votes the week Kansas played them. Then they lost to the first real team they played kind of what I guess will happen to Kansas.

What do you want Clone to give Callahan 2 more years so he can schedule like Kansas?

This is how Kansas has made this big of a turnaround in a year. (you think the press would see this )

Yes, he should get two more years, just like Frankie.

ALL HCs should get at least SIX years (IMO). They need TIME to get the players in place, get the system built and tweaked, and get some stability.

But it's not up to us anonymous internet posters. It's up to Dr Tom.

He'll do the right thing.

Cally can't schedule the next two years like KU, the bulk of the schedule is set years in advance. There is little leeway.

The jury is still out on KU, I can't speak to their schedule in the previous years. I don't konw if it has more or less patsies or if it's about the same.

Do you?

But they control their own destiny and IF they win out will truly prove themselves.

BEAT CU!!

Why don't you know about Kansas' schedule in years past, Clone? Is google broken on your computer?

It's so simple for people to do some basic research for the things they post. Why someone wouldn't is beyond me, but it does explain some of the wild assertions and outrageous opinions people post here.

It's easier to say "I think" than to look it up and say "I know."

Actually, Ohio State does have just as weak of schedule as KU. I think they're ranked respectively at 116 & 117 in terms of strength of schedule.

Yes, but they played Illinois why they arent actually great they were still in the top 30 at the time. Name a team that was ranked or even getting votes the week Kansas played them. Then they lost to the first real team they played kind of what I guess will happen to Kansas.

I won't disagree with this at all. I'm still of the opinion that it doesn't matter who wins between Mizzou and KU because the winner will get spanked by a pi$$ed off OU team. I realize OU had some injuries to some very key players, but wow I still can't believe they lost to Texas Tech. Stoops seldom has a couple of bad games in a row. If OU's QB is given clearance, I feel sorry for Okie State.

Why don't you know about Kansas' schedule in years past, Clone? Is google broken on your computer?

It's so simple for people to do some basic research for the things they post. Why someone wouldn't is beyond me, but it does explain some of the wild assertions and outrageous opinions people post here.

simple. I'd have to care.

I don't.

I didn't say that KU has had a turn around due to scheduling. I don't have a dog in that fight. You'll have to find someone who wants to support that argument.

Good luck with that.

BEAT CU!!

I don't.

I didn't say that KU has had a turn around due to scheduling. I don't have a dog in that fight. You'll have to find someone who wants to support that argument.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that you're not winning the fights you have the dogs in, and you're referencing other fights you can't win either.

Still, your posts do have entertainment value.

Thanks for the laughs. :thumbs

I'm wondering how good the BIG 12 is this year. Oklahoma has'nt been impressive and I can see Okie St beating them this week.

Other then Missouri beating Illinois in the first game of the season what other BIG 12 team has defeated anyone outside that worth mentioning?

:yeah

The only one I can think of was OU beating Mizzou who is top 10. However, this isn't from the outside and I personally believe Mizzou, KU, and OU are all overrated.

What do you want Clone to give Callahan 2 more years so he can schedule like Kansas?

This is how Kansas has made this big of a turnaround in a year. (you think the press would see this )

Yes, he should get two more years, just like Frankie.

ALL HCs should get at least SIX years (IMO). They need TIME to get the players in place, get the system built and tweaked, and get some stability.

But it's not up to us anonymous internet posters. It's up to Dr Tom.

He'll do the right thing.

Cally can't schedule the next two years like KU, the bulk of the schedule is set years in advance. There is little leeway.

The jury is still out on KU, I can't speak to their schedule in the previous years. I don't konw if it has more or less patsies or if it's about the same.

Do you?

But they control their own destiny and IF they win out will truly prove themselves.

BEAT CU!!

Sept. 2 Northwestern State Lawrence W: 49-18

Photos

Video

Sept. 9 Louisiana-Monroe Lawrence W: 21-19

Photos

Video

Sept. 15 Toledo * Toledo, Ohio L: 37-31 (2OT)

Photos

Video

Sept. 23 South Florida Lawrence W: 13-7

Photos

Video

Sept. 30 Nebraska ** Lincoln, Neb. L: 39-32 (OT)

Photos

Video

Oct. 7 Texas A&M ** Lawrence L: 21-18

Photos

Oct. 14 Oklahoma State Lawrence L: 42-32

Photos

Video

Oct. 21 Baylor Waco, Texas L: 36-35

Video

Photos

Oct. 28 Colorado Lawrence W: 20-15

Video

Photos

Nov. 4 Iowa State Ames, Iowa W: 41-10

Video

Photos

Nov. 18 Kansas State** Lawrence W: 39-20

Photos

Video

Nov. 25 Missouri Columbia, Mo. L: 42-17

Photos

Video

Sept. 3 Florida Atlantic Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 30-19

Box score

Audio

Sept. 10 Appalachian State Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 36-8

Box score

Audio

Sept. 17 Louisiana Tech Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 34-14

Box score

Audio

Oct. 1 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas

Video

Photos

L: 30-17

Box score

Audio

Oct. 8 at Kansas State Manhattan, Kan.

Video

Photos

L: 12-3

Box score

Audio

Oct. 15 vs. Oklahoma Kansas City, Mo.

Video

Photos

L: 19-3

Box score

Audio

Oct. 22 at Colorado Boulder, Colo.

Photos

L: 44-13

Box score

Audio

Oct. 29 Missouri Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 13-3

Box score

Audio

Nov. 5 Nebraska Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 40-15

Box score

Audio

Nov. 12 at Texas Austin, Texas

Photos

L: 66-14

Box score

Audio

Nov. 26 Iowa State* Lawrence

Video

Photos

W: 24-21

Box score

Audio

Dec. 23 Houston Fort Worth, Texas

Video

Photos

W: 42-13

Box score

Audio

Pretty impressive schedules. Can't wait until Nebraska adopts the lets keep Callahan and make the schedule easier which I'm sure Pederson had in mind doing before he was fired.

The 2008 OC schedule for Kansas next year is just as bad but at least they will play Texas and Oklahoma.

I don't.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that you're not winning the fights you have the dogs in, and you're referencing other fights you can't win either.

Still, your posts do have entertainment value.

Thanks for the laughs. :thumbs

Thanks. I live to entertain.

....myself

reminds me of a disclamer I have used on a board or two..

Legal notice-- this post is for my entertainment value only. Any resemblance to a post by an actual anonymous internet poster is purely coincidental. I am a professional. Don't try this at home... and thanks for playing.

But opinions vary.

BEAT CU!!