Callahan suffering from the plague of Pederson?

fact- cally's win/loss is MUCH better than manginos through four years.

fact- we'll never know how much better year five and six would have been for cally and NU.

fact- the HC tenure at NU has been getting shorter- not longer.

opinion- the revolving door is already spinning- the next HC will not get four years to succeed.

opinions vary...

PJ for HC

BEAT CU!!

Why do you keep focusing on Mangino? Simply because for THIS YEAR alone it fits your argument?

How about you use Pete Carroll as your example?

Try that and see where Callahan compares.

If you're such a Kansas fan then ditch your Red and put on your Jayhawk gear already!

actually, what's his name did. And if you READ the thread, you'll see that he is propping mangino...

... not me. Reading is FUNdamental.

Here's what I've been saying about mangino---

While mangino has done a great job at KU (likely coach of the year for the B12 and Nationally), I said cally OUTPERFORMED mangino through their respective first four years. It took mangino SIX years to get where he is, he only had 7 wins in his previously BEST season, 6-6 last year (year five).

If he had four years like Cally, he'd have never sniffed success. Sound like mangino worship?

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

i am not a KU fan, but i damn sure see/recognize better overall coaching (with less talent) and team discipline at KU than these clowns we have coaching at NU and that is a sad statement of the reality that is a fact.......KU beats the hell out of us in the last 2 out of 3......the numbers don't lie.......cally!

actually, what's his name did. And if you READ the thread, you'll see that he is propping mangino...

While mangino has done a great job at KU (likely coach of the year for the B12 and Nationally), I said cally OUTPERFORMED mangino through their respective first four years. It took mangino SIX years to get where he is, he only had 7 wins in his previously BEST season, 6-6 last year (year five).

If he had four years like Cally, he'd have never sniffed success. Sound like mangino worship?

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

Blah blah blarg.

You didn't answer my question (which is telling in and of itself).

Why use Mangino? Why not use someone else?

Callahan is a decent man but as a coach he is very lacking. While he is more than proficient with the x's and o's of the game he is very inept at teaching, coaching or demonstrating any of the thoughts and plans that

are in his head. He wants to dictate down the chain but he doesnt realize that sometimes the message gets

very squed. He is a great planner and tactician but his basic fundamental coaching and teaching skills are

very lacking. While not being one to accept the dynamic that all the coaching decisions are ultimately on

his shoulders, he proceeds to posture himself and regrettably make excuses. Good luck in the future

Bill. The experiment has failed

GBR :bonez:bonez

:sarcasm

Yeah, well maybe the next coach will be perfect - god knows he'd better be- and the players will play like they give a sh#t, (when do we hold them accountable?) and let's hope we won't have any injuries and we won't have any penalties ever. This is a young team you know.

:sarcasm

Give it a break, we just want a coach who is effective and not affraid to make changes when warranted.

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

Blah blah blarg.

You didn't answer my question (which is telling in and of itself).

Why use Mangino? Why not use someone else?

I did answer your question....

(which is telling in and of itself).

... thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

It's like having to hold my four-year-old's hands crossing the street.

Here for your reading pleasure, Clone, are two of your posts, where you specifically compare Callahan to Mangino. YOU wrote these, not some "what's his name." Some "what's his name" may have started this but you continued it. The question is valid, and you refuse to answer it.

The fact is ....

it took mangino SIX years to get it going at KU. You are right he slowly built them.

Another fact-- Cally won't get SIX years to slowly build a program. He had to win NOW!!

Opinion-

that cally started with more has been HOTLY debated on forums. Some say solich left the cupboards BARE! Some say not.

Cally has done MORE in his first four years than mangino-- it's not even close.

That cally can't coach is pure OPINION. He has position coaches to teach fundamentals. Head coaches don't teach blocking and tackling.

That mangino has no recruits is plain opinion (mine says bullsh!t) they are 11-0. You don't go 11-0 without PLAYERS!! Players began as RECRUITS!!

NU has the #6 SOS in the country. Check out where KU is.

more facts--

fact- we'll never know how much better year five and six would have been for cally and NU.

opinion- the revolving door is already spinning- the next HC will not get four years to succeed.

... thanks for playing.

opinions vary...

PJ for HC

BEAT CU!!

Why do you keep focusing on Mangino? Simply because for THIS YEAR alone it fits your argument?

Try that and see where Callahan compares.

If you're such a Kansas fan then ditch your Red and put on your Jayhawk gear already!

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

KU hadn't had a winning season for quite some time before Manigino took over. 3 years prior to Clownahan, NU was playing for a NC. Mangino didn't take over a #17 team in the nation, but Clownahan did. Why don't you compare Clownahan to Urban at Florida? Why don't you compare Clownahan to Stoops at OU? Why don't you compare Clownahan to Pete Carroll? Because it doesn't fit your argument. Florida, USC, and OU all are apple to apple comparisons to NU. I find it odd that you don't one mention any of these coaches or schools when you so dearly want to compare the first 4 years of a HC.

Here for your reading pleasure, Clone, are two of your posts, where you specifically compare Callahan to Mangino. YOU wrote these, not some "what's his name." Some "what's his name" may have started this but you continued it. The question is valid, and you refuse to answer it.

What's his name did start the comparison.

He and I continued it.

Why do you keep focusing on Mangino?

Simply because for THIS YEAR alone it fits your argument?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Which question should I answer? You may have asked more questions as well, but I don't want to dig through your posts to look.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

And they say there is no such thing as a dumb question!!

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

Yes we won those. Now we are going south. Do you like having the 102 ranked defense in the country?

Yes it is his resposibility as head coach to make sure that doesnt happen.

We have slid straight into next to last place in the north and maybe 10 best out of 12??

Exactly.

Despite Callahan's shortcomings as a Nebraska coach, he also is responsible for Cosgrove being here. Cosgrove never showed anything at Wisconsin to warrant him being DC at Nebraska.

If he goes, I'm actually willing to give Callahan another chance. I don't want to act hastily.

Firing Cosgrove is not acting hastily.

Why Why Why wasn't Cosgrove fired a long time ago..???? Stupid Stupid Stupid !!!! :madash

He and I continued it.

Which question should I answer? You may have asked more questions as well, but I don't want to dig through your posts to look.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

don't waste your time with this guy.

The fact is ....

it took mangino SIX years to get it going at KU. You are right he slowly built them.

Another fact-- Cally won't get SIX years to slowly build a program. He had to win NOW!!

Opinion-

that cally started with more has been HOTLY debated on forums. Some say solich left the cupboards BARE! Some say not.

Cally has done MORE in his first four years than mangino-- it's not even close.

That cally can't coach is pure OPINION. He has position coaches to teach fundamentals. Head coaches don't teach blocking and tackling.

That mangino has no recruits is plain opinion (mine says bullsh!t) they are 11-0. You don't go 11-0 without PLAYERS!! Players began as RECRUITS!!

NU has the #6 SOS in the country. Check out where KU is.

more facts--

... thanks for playing.

Hunter94 brought up Magino... Maybe you should go back and read the thread.

He and I continued it.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

You bring up Mangino and his position coaches being great. Clone says it took Mangino SIX years to have a decent team. If this GREAT coach was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town a LONG time ago.

You are saying that Mangino Is a GREAT coach because he beat us twice in 4 years?

Im glad you arent hiring the new coach!

I think what he was saying is that Mangino is a great coach because he took a doormat team and has made them the #2 team in the country. It's kind of like saying the South Florida coach sucks because he wasn't winning the NC in his 4th year even though it was just the 4th year of any kind of football program there. Bill Snyder was a great coach. He took one of if not the poorest teams in D1 ball and made them great. KU might not be quite as bad as KState was, but there are some similarities.

Hunter94 brought up Magino... Maybe you should go back and read the thread.

I read it just fine, thanks. I asked the question of the guy posting the Mangino stats, and he was the guy I wanted to ask the question to. He didn't have an answer, which was an answer in itself.

Now that you're caught up to speed...

He and I continued it.

Valid question?

Opinions vary.

Thanks for playing.

BEAT CU!!

You bring up Mangino and his position coaches being great. Clone says it took Mangino SIX years to have a decent team. If this GREAT coach was at Nebraska he would have been run out of town a LONG time ago.

You are saying that Mangino Is a GREAT coach because he beat us twice in 4 years?

Im glad you arent hiring the new coach!

If you are comparing NU football to KU football then you are an idiot, and you will never understand how badly Callllllahan has deicmated this program.

Clownahan did this to himself, he has never been a good coach.