Callahan suffering from the plague of Pederson?

The statement "Bill Callahan is fired," seems to already be regarded as fact rather than prediction. Is Callahan just a figure head in the fall of Steve Pederson? I will grant you that this season has been bad, but Callahan is an offensive guy, and as Billy is quick to point out the offense has been fine. Doesn't anyone want to see what a little continuity mixed with a little change can do? I think that Bill is a fighter, and just last year we were in the Big Twelve Championship game. I also think that one more year for Bill would be far from a bad idea.

Callahan has nothing in his corner with regard to quality wins. He can't manage a team or make good hires, either. The whole team has suffered because of his distance, and he comes across as the most arrogant prick in college football after half his interviews.

This is the reason I hate the entertainment age. People can't hold a thought in their heads for more than ten seconds. No, the offense has not been fine. We scored six against Missouri. Let me repeat that. SIX. We've had a few breakout moments against big teams, but most of that happened in the cleanup stages because his horrid defense had quit on him and each other. Kstate is a worthless team. Don't let the skers trouncing them go to your head.

Callahan's issues go far beyond offensive matters. He's not paid to be an O coordinator. He's paid to be a head coach. He's demonstrated 'in every area' just how not excellent he is. It would be a terrible mistake to keep him at this school any longer.

X

If Bill Callahan had demonstrated the ability to MOTIVATE our players, I'd have his back.

If Bill Callahan WOULD'VE done what was best for Nebraska Football, and ultimately himself, he would've fired Cosgrove, or never hired him in the first place, yes, I'd have his back.

I do believe that Bill Callahan's offense can work well. Unfortunately, the guy running and calling the plays is a schlep.

I think Callahan is a likeable guy and one that could've done well at Nebraska (despite the WCO thing). Instead, he was part of a regime that chose to alienate our fans, players, former players, etc.

If he would've embraced Nebraska Football tradition, even slightly, there would obviously be less of an outcry.

I have tried so hard to like Bill Callahan. And I do. I think he's a great coach, just not as a coach at Nebraska.

He, instead, chose to embrace nothing about our tradition.

I've also tried so hard to ignore the alleged comments by Callahan. Especially, his comments referring to TO as "a crusty old blah blah" -- or Doak Ostergard's "testimony" saying that Callahan had, essentially, referred to Nebraska fans in a similar fashion as his agent.

I think he'll do well somewhere. Unfortunately, he burned all the wrong bridges in the wrong state.

yeah but in '05 we were the dogs to CU and Michigan and we won both. Yes 07 sucked but we did win games we were not supposed to.

I hope the next guy will ask the fans their opinion before he makes any moves, gameplans or speaks to the media or steps outsides his house or brushes his teeth. Gods knows we forgive little.

yeah but in '05 we were the dogs to CU and Michigan and we won both. Yes 07 sucked but we did win games we were not supposed to.

I hope the next guy will ask the fans their opinion before he makes any moves, gameplans or speaks to the media or steps outsides his house or brushes his teeth. Gods knows we forgive little.

Yes we won those. Now we are going south. Do you like having the 102 ranked defense in the country?

Yes it is his resposibility as head coach to make sure that doesnt happen.

We have slid straight into next to last place in the north and maybe 10 best out of 12??

Yes we won those. Now we are going south. Do you like having the 102 ranked defense in the country?

Yes it is his resposibility as head coach to make sure that doesnt happen.

We have slid straight into next to last place in the north and maybe 10 best out of 12??

Exactly.

Despite Callahan's shortcomings as a Nebraska coach, he also is responsible for Cosgrove being here. Cosgrove never showed anything at Wisconsin to warrant him being DC at Nebraska.

If he goes, I'm actually willing to give Callahan another chance. I don't want to act hastily.

Firing Cosgrove is not acting hastily.

Yeah, well maybe the next coach will be perfect - god knows he'd better be- and the players will play like they give a sh#t, (when do we hold them accountable?) and let's hope we won't have any injuries and we won't have any penalties ever. This is a young team you know.

Your sarcasm lacks logic, but hey we cant all agree.

Yeah, well maybe the next coach will be perfect - god knows he'd better be- and the players will play like they give a sh#t, (when do we hold them accountable?) and let's hope we won't have any injuries and we won't have any penalties ever. This is a young team you know.

Ok. So what, exactly, is your opinion or stance on where we go from here?

What do you think we should do? If anything???

i did forget to mention that I think Cos should be gone.

And it was not with sarscasm that I said what I said. "Yeah, well maybe the next coach will be perfect - god knows he'd better be- and the players will play like they give a sh#t, (when do we hold them accountable?) and let's hope we won't have any injuries and we won't have any penalties ever. This is a young team you know."

I mean't it. The average Husker fan has very little patience if any at all any more. We demand perfection, excellence right now. We do not care if you have to learn your position or the playbook. By god you play for Nebraska, you should know everything you need to before you step onto the field in the spring. We are not entitled to that you know. We are not entitled to anything other then to support our team and the University. That's it. I hate it too. I want to win all the time. ALL THE TIME!

I think we give Callahan another year with out Cosgrove though. We have to have new defensive leadership. And I think Callahan has to hand off the playcalling to Watson. Period.

The kids like Callahan, they say they do, Ganz has turned this team around somewhat. I would just hate to toss all this out the window.

Uhhhh, if the players all acted perfectly, there'd be no need for coaching.

This team's penalties are of the undisciplined nature.....coaching. I seem to recall a certain Raiders team suffering from this as well.

You know who else is a young team? Every single college team in america.

i did forget to mention that I think Cos should be gone.

And it was not with sarscasm that I said what I said. "Yeah, well maybe the next coach will be perfect - god knows he'd better be- and the players will play like they give a sh#t, (when do we hold them accountable?) and let's hope we won't have any injuries and we won't have any penalties ever. This is a young team you know."

I mean't it. The average Husker fan has very little patience if any at all any more. We demand perfection, excellence right now. We do not care if you have to learn your position or the playbook. By god you play for Nebraska, you should know everything you need to before you step onto the field in the spring. We are not entitled to that you know. We are not entitled to anything other then to support our team and the University. That's it. I hate it too. I want to win all the time. ALL THE TIME!

I think we give Callahan another year with out Cosgrove though. We have to have new defensive leadership. And I think Callahan has to hand off the playcalling to Watson. Period.

The kids like Callahan, they say they do, Ganz has turned this team around somewhat. I would just hate to toss all this out the window.

In otherwords keep Callahan as a figure head? Who chooses the new defensive coach?