Weis vs Callahan

Tatsu

Because of the amazingly bad season ND has had and the love affair the media has with them, there have been a number of articles on Weis - especially on why he gets to stay when his predecessors had to go. As Husker fans know, there are a lot of parallels between what has happened to the ND and NU programs under Weis and Callahan this year. However, this is why Weis gets to stay and why Callahan is going to be shown the door:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3118097

Weis accepts he isn't perfect and takes full blame for the terrible season.

Weis has been heavily criticized for the job he's done, and justifiably so, he said.

"What do I expect sitting there at 2-9, everyone to say how great a job you're doing? I mean, you're 2-9. Obviously you can do things better," he said.

He does not say he's done an excellent job in every area. He does not flaunt his system and push the blame around. It sounds like he's willing to take a serious look at what he's done to try and find a way to make things better. All the things that Husker fans wanted to see and hear from our coach.

A 25 million dollar buy out is not hurting his staying power trust me. That is a lot for even Notre Dame. And what would it cost to replace him. He will be there and given every opportunity to succeed.

But his attitude is every bit as arrogant as BC's. Personally I would much rather have BC than the curse that is Weis.

Like that article says “Front-Butt” has the exact same record as the guy that got the boot before him. That guy also made it to a BCS bowl just like “Front-Butt.” That guy also got blown out in the BCS bowl just like “Front-Butt.” So please tell me why “Front-Butt” still has a job and the guy before him was fired? What is the one MAJOR difference between the 2? (That’s right I just played the RACE card) <_<

As far as Callahan not having people in the NFL he can turn to, Didn’t Gruden and Payton both come to Lincoln in the last couple of years? Also why is it ok for “Front-Butt” to seek out the knowledge of NFL guys but if Callahan had done that it would be “Here he goes again bringing the NFL to the College Game.” Just wondering.

Like skersfan said there 25,000,000 reasons why “Front-Butt” is getting fired. He sure deserved that 10 year extension he got. :madash

Also did anybody here the former Notre Dame Player that came out blasting Weis? I forget who it was but he didn’t have very kind words for him. He was bashing him because Weis basically made ND give him more money then they originally had planned because he said he was going to go to the Saints even though he said the ND job was his dream. The guy also said Weis lost touch with some of ND past. Sound familiar? :w00t

I think Willingham would have won the year he was fied. He had brought in the talent that Weis used to back his way into BCS games. No other program would have got those games but ND. If Willingham would have been there, they might have won those games. Weis is a bigger joke than BC could ever be.

Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Notre Dame hss flushed their program down the drain for at least another two or three years I think.

For us, the fans, winning is the most important part of college football. For the university, money and or revenue is the most important part. I think by Weis making it to a BCS bowl and getting the big payout is what is really giving him year #4. I still say that he's out on his ear after next year unless he pulls a 180. Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think race had anything to do with Willingham getting the axe.

A 25 million dollar buy out is not hurting his staying power trust me. That is a lot for even Notre Dame. And what would it cost to replace him. He will be there and given every opportunity to succeed.

But his attitude is every bit as arrogant as BC's. Personally I would much rather have BC than the curse that is Weis.

disagree completely, charlie took em to a BCS game in his 2nd year? clownahan couldn't consistently get us to the big 12 championship! charlie understands he has a problem, clownahan has already said he is excellent in all areas.......common skers, you are a bright guy......do you really think we need/should let cally copt out on his responsibility to get the defense of this team together? i think not.........

I think Willingham would have won the year he was fied. He had brought in the talent that Weis used to back his way into BCS games. No other program would have got those games but ND. If Willingham would have been there, they might have won those games. Weis is a bigger joke than BC could ever be.

Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Notre Dame hss flushed their program down the drain for at least another two or three years I think.

disagree again, Weis will learn how to be a good college coach, there will never be any hope for clownahan.

disagree again, Weis will learn how to be a good college coach, there will never be any hope for clownahan.

Why do you think “Front-Butt” will change his ways but Callahan wouldn’t? They are basically right from the same mold. Both are very arrogant and set in their ways. Weis is just as much as an a$$ as Callahan appears to be (to the wolves). The only thing is he isn’t the coach here and if he was his crap wouldn’t work (for the masses) just like Callahan’s.

Why do you think “Front-Butt” will change his ways but Callahan wouldn’t? They are basically right from the same mold. Both are very arrogant and set in their ways. Weis is just as much as an a$$ as Callahan appears to be (to the wolves). The only thing is he isn’t the coach here and if he was his crap wouldn’t work (for the masses) just like Callahan’s.

simple, attitude. weis will go looking for help during the off season, from his NFL buddies.

clownahan appears to 1) have no friends in the NFL, 2) is already excellent in all areas and has stated no intentions of asking for help or re evaluating his program (even though he knows his defense is rated 112th).

3) clownahan is acting solely responsible for the offense and takes no responsibility for the whole team. the dumb ass is not, nor will he ever be, a HC.

those that admit they have a problem and look for help, have a better chance of fixing it.

those that think they are excellent and it "ain't' their problem" are doomed to repeat the past.