Weis vs Callahan

Tatsu

I think Willingham would have won the year he was fied. He had brought in the talent that Weis used to back his way into BCS games. No other program would have got those games but ND. If Willingham would have been there, they might have won those games. Weis is a bigger joke than BC could ever be.

Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Notre Dame hss flushed their program down the drain for at least another two or three years I think.

disagree again, Weis will learn how to be a good college coach, there will never be any hope for clownahan.

Why do you think “Front-Butt” will change his ways but Callahan wouldn’t? They are basically right from the same mold. Both are very arrogant and set in their ways. Weis is just as much as an a$$ as Callahan appears to be (to the wolves). The only thing is he isn’t the coach here and if he was his crap wouldn’t work (for the masses) just like Callahan’s.

The real difference is that you call him Front Butt, and I call him Six Boobs. ;) (Two on top, two in the middel, and two below)

I think Willingham would have won the year he was fied. He had brought in the talent that Weis used to back his way into BCS games. No other program would have got those games but ND. If Willingham would have been there, they might have won those games. Weis is a bigger joke than BC could ever be.

Sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Notre Dame hss flushed their program down the drain for at least another two or three years I think.

disagree again, Weis will learn how to be a good college coach, there will never be any hope for clownahan.

Why do you think “Front-Butt” will change his ways but Callahan wouldn’t? They are basically right from the same mold. Both are very arrogant and set in their ways. Weis is just as much as an a$$ as Callahan appears to be (to the wolves). The only thing is he isn’t the coach here and if he was his crap wouldn’t work (for the masses) just like Callahan’s.

The real difference is that you call him Front Butt, and I call him Six Boobs. ;) (Two on top, two in the middel, and two below)

Both of you need to stop with this "front-butt" and "Six-boobs" crap :angry: You're giving me visuals I really can do without <_<

You know where I stand on Coach Callahan. I am not his biggest fan either, I just don't know that we are going to do a lot better by changing again this quickly.

He has made errors, but we all have.

And of all that are on the list, I have yet to hear a single one say they would come to Nebraska if asked. I honestly don't think Turner Gill would. I don't think he thinks he is ready yet. We demand a lot from our ocahes, we damned near ran off one of the best in the history of college football.

I still think if we do replace Coach Callahan it will be by some one totally unknown. We do not like to spend a lot of money, and Tom has already stated that again.

The coaches I would want, would want more than has been stated. To get to the level we demand will take someone very well known and a lot of money, or a shot in the dark and hope it turns out better than this one.

So are we willing to spend the big bucks, or are we willing to try what we did the last time.

Oh and Nebraska had a first choice as did Notre Dame. Both turned us down. That is why it turned into a get what you can situation. Wandstat stayed at Miami and Urban set no to his dream job, because the talent level was not there to win instantly.

You know where I stand on Coach Callahan. I am not his biggest fan either, I just don't know that we are going to do a lot better by changing again this quickly.

He has made errors, but we all have.

And of all that are on the list, I have yet to hear a single one say they would come to Nebraska if asked. I honestly don't think Turner Gill would. I don't think he thinks he is ready yet. We demand a lot from our ocahes, we damned near ran off one of the best in the history of college football.

I still think if we do replace Coach Callahan it will be by some one totally unknown. We do not like to spend a lot of money, and Tom has already stated that again.

The coaches I would want, would want more than has been stated. To get to the level we demand will take someone very well known and a lot of money, or a shot in the dark and hope it turns out better than this one.

So are we willing to spend the big bucks, or are we willing to try what we did the last time.

Oh and Nebraska had a first choice as did Notre Dame. Both turned us down. That is why it turned into a get what you can situation. Wandstat stayed at Miami and Urban set no to his dream job, because the talent level was not there to win instantly.

well, if we don't spend the money, it will be a crap shoot, i agree. as i have said, callahan will only repeat next year what you saw this year, only the faces of some of the players will change. the play and play calling/coaching will be the same, which will not translate into success.

I don't know. Maybe you are right. But we had a pretty good year last year. Maybe this year is a fluke.

I want defensive changes no matter what happens. I want the black shirts back.

But I agree he is gone, but I am afraid we are going to be hard pressed to get what we need, without taking a major chance of it ending up just like this one.

If BC had a $24million buyout I'm betting he'd be getting a "vote of confidence" too. That ridiculous extension to kill rumors of Weis leaving will likely cause their AD his job.

Plus while Weis's current season is a joke and if he didn't have the huge buyout he could be gone Weis first two seasons were better than anything BC has put out there. Real success tends to get you more benefit of the doubt in bad times. In 03 we canned a staff that went 10-3, BC has only gotten within a sniff of that once.

simple, attitude. weis will go looking for help during the off season, from his NFL buddies.

clownahan appears to 1) have no friends in the NFL, 2) is already excellent in all areas and has stated no intentions of asking for help or re evaluating his program (even though he knows his defense is rated 112th).

3) clownahan is acting solely responsible for the offense and takes no responsibility for the whole team. the dumb ass is not, nor will he ever be, a HC.

those that admit they have a problem and look for help, have a better chance of fixing it.

those that think they are excellent and it "ain't' their problem" are doomed to repeat the past.

You can’t tell me the Callahan didn’t ask Gruden or Sean Payton for advice when they were in town. Also didn’t this staff, Callahan included, get together with the Auburn staff and talk defense and alignments during the off season? You bring up the NU defense being crappy and Callahan not doing anything about it, well the ND offense is 2nd to last in D1 which equals CRAPPY and that is what Weis IS in charge of. I ask you this which is worse? Weis has shown nothing that makes me believe he will be a good college coach (getting to a BCS bowl simply because they are ND doesn’t count). Who has he beaten besides the same Michigan team that Callahan beat? I’ll answer it for you NOBODY. This guy is a joker and like I said if he was here YOU and the masses would be calling for his head. Saying he has a NFL mentality and is not fit for the College Game. That is a fact.

Also we get it Callahan said “he has done an excellent job in every area”, enough with the repeated posts saying the exact same thing.

I don't know. Maybe you are right. But we had a pretty good year last year. Maybe this year is a fluke.

I want defensive changes no matter what happens. I want the black shirts back.

But I agree he is gone, but I am afraid we are going to be hard pressed to get what we need, without taking a major chance of it ending up just like this one.

ala Oklahoma, yeah, could be, but they lived through it too.

simple, attitude. weis will go looking for help during the off season, from his NFL buddies.

clownahan appears to 1) have no friends in the NFL, 2) is already excellent in all areas and has stated no intentions of asking for help or re evaluating his program (even though he knows his defense is rated 112th).

3) clownahan is acting solely responsible for the offense and takes no responsibility for the whole team. the dumb ass is not, nor will he ever be, a HC.

those that admit they have a problem and look for help, have a better chance of fixing it.

those that think they are excellent and it "ain't' their problem" are doomed to repeat the past.

You can’t tell me the Callahan didn’t ask Gruden or Sean Payton for advice when they were in town. Also didn’t this staff, Callahan included, get together with the Auburn staff and talk defense and alignments during the off season? You bring up the NU defense being crappy and Callahan not doing anything about it, well the ND offense is 2nd to last in D1 which equals CRAPPY and that is what Weis IS in charge of. I ask you this which is worse? Weis has shown nothing that makes me believe he will be a good college coach (getting to a BCS bowl simply because they are ND doesn’t count). Who has he beaten besides the same Michigan team that Callahan beat? I’ll answer it for you NOBODY. This guy is a joker and like I said if he was here YOU and the masses would be calling for his head. Saying he has a NFL mentality and is not fit for the College Game. That is a fact.

Also we get it Callahan said “he has done an excellent job in every area”, enough with the repeated posts saying the exact same thing.

ok, newearth, you must be right, you just can't get any better than excellent..... <_< yep, we need to keep cally around... <_< how could we be so misguided when he has told us (but not shown us) he is a great coach! man , i love your logic! <_<

ok, newearth, you must be right, you just can't get any better than excellent..... <_< yep, we need to keep cally around... <_< how could we be so misguided when he has told us (but not shown us) he is a great coach! man , i love your logic! <_<

I never said Callahan should stick around. Show me lately where I did and I’ll retract it. All I’m saying is Weis isn’t any better then Callahan yet some are willing to give that Joker a pass because he isn’t the coach at NU. The logic that is being used for him is the same crap that is used against Callahan. They are the same if you ask me. Both have proven that it is their way or the highway and both have made statements that show their arrogance and their self promoting ways. The “NFL” mentality that is used against Callahan is the same crap Weis is throwing around. Also Weis hasn’t had anymore success then Callahan has either and like I said the BCS bowls are suspect because of the ND agreement with that mess. Neither has proven to be world beaters but one gets a pass and other gets lynched. If you ask me they should both be treated the same way. (now I’m repeating things)

Hey though if you want to concede to me that is fine.

I never said Callahan should stick around. Show me lately where I did and I’ll retract it. All I’m saying is Weis isn’t any better then Callahan yet some are willing to give that Joker a pass because he isn’t the coach at NU. The logic that is being used for him is the same crap that is used against Callahan. They are the same if you ask me. Both have proven that it is their way or the highway and both have made statements that show their arrogance and their self promoting ways. The “NFL” mentality that is used against Callahan is the same crap Weis is throwing around. Also Weis hasn’t had anymore success then Callahan has either and like I said the BCS bowls are suspect because of the ND agreement with that mess. Neither has proven to be world beaters but one gets a pass and other gets lynched. If you ask me they should both be treated the same way. (now I’m repeating things)

Hey though if you want to concede to me that is fine.

I will concede. You are right. None of us give a rats a$$ about Notre Dame or whether they keep Weis or not. Personally, I'd like to see ND struggle as much as possible. I care about NU. You are right. I'd be calling for Weis's head if he were here and we only had 2 wins.