The worst failure

Syzygyone

No, Callahan isn't a Husker. He never tried to become one, and that will help doom him.

If he had tried, I'm sure the Husker Nation would have welcomed him with open arms.

The next coach doesn't have to be a Husker, but he needs to embrace what being one is, and become one.

and i think if he would have done that and leveled with the fans about his shortcomings as a HC with a pledge to make some defensive changes, then sure, people here would have gave him more time.

the most disingenuious thing you can do is to insult a Nebraska fan. maybe not the most well schooled or traveled people in the world, but damn straight about being treated with some dignity and a respect for a tradtion that took 25 years to build and perserve!

Two great posts that really nail this situation. :thumbs:thumbs

Not even close just look at the records. Osborne has stated that he has not decided so I don't see how he could have been putting out feelers unless you think he's been lying.

Part of deciding if you are going to keep or fire someone is figuring out if there is someone who can fill the shoes more effectively. If TO has not had a headhunter check interest in the job, and he fires BC, he will be putting himself in the same position SP was in in 2003.

If BC had done something illegal, or against NCAA policy, that in and of itself was reason for dismissal, TO would fire him and take what he could get. But that is not the case here. TO has to be sure that someone he likes better than BC is interested BEFORE making the decision. Therefore, feelers have been put out.

P.S. SP let his ego get the better of him in '03. He had made two successful hires at Pitt while there, and thought he was golden in the hiring department. He pictured himself as the savior of NU football and got in over his head. I'm sure he probably spent a little time in front of Memorial Stadium figuring where his statue would look best. TO's not as dumb, or at least egotistical, as SP. Heh Heh, I said tistical.

I don't know about that. We won the Ball State game, but a lot of people were wanting some heads to roll after that game.

uhm, we won because we came from behind with a last second field goal

ball state racked up what, 700 yards?

that game was garbage

Yeah, that was the point. If we were 10-2, someone said we wouldn't be having this conversation about whether this staff needed to go or not. What I was saying is that if we won 3 or 4 more games in similar fashion to the Ball State Game people would still be saying to get rid of this staff. It goes well beyond the win/loss category.