Another Bo Rumor Story

This was taken from another popular Husker Forum where the post is soon to be locked/deleted/etc... Thought it might be nice to post here to talk about.

Quoted from another thread:

I'm in New Orleans on business and I am staying at the Sheraton downtown on Canal street. I have to go down to the lobby late last night as I have to fax a document to my boss. I put on my jeans and my black polo shirt with the Husker "N" on it. As I get to the lobby and ask the lady if she could fax this stuff as the business center is closed. She said sure and it would take 5 to 10 minutes. So I walk over to the Pelican bar that is in the lobby. I sit down and order a rum and coke. I see lots of people comming in and out of the hotel lobby and heading to and from the ball room. They are all dressed in black tie and it looks very much like a very formal affair. After sitting there for 5 minutes a gentelmen comes up to the bar and orders a crown and coke. He is in a black tux and he turns and says hello. I say hello back and he looks at my shirt and says.

"Does that "N" stand for Nebraska?

I said yes and explained I am in town for business.

He said and I quote, "You like your new coach?"

I said, "Callahan?"

"No, Bo."

"Bo is not our Head Coach as much as everyone in Nebraska wants him to be."

"Oh, he will be." the gentelmen said.

I am kind of shocked and said, "Oh I am sorry my name is Brandon and you are?

"I am just a man who needs a drink before my wife drags me into this charity event."

Thinking either this guy is just repeating what he hears down here or he really does know something. I ask him what he does for a living and he just smiles and says, "I am into whatever my wife wants me to do." I laugh and say, yeah I understand.

Thinking he doesnt want to talk about it anymore I finish my drink and ask for my tab. This guys says, "Bartender add his bill to mine."

Thanks, I said. He just smiles and says, "you want another?" Sure I added thinking its free booz I aint stupid.

This 30 year old lady walks up to the bar and says, "honey they are ready for us." This guy had to be in his 50's but his wife was well HOT!!!

He looks at her and tells her to go talk to the (some name I dont know what it means) and tell him I will be there in 10 min.

"Looks like you are going to have fun." I said jokingly.

He just looks at me and says, in his tux that looks like it costs more than what I make in a month, lets just say the coaches and a lot of the athletic deptartment work hard to keep me in the loop. "Bo is looking forward to living in Lincoln and cant wait to make the Huskers into a National Power House." I just look at him in disbelief and say thats good news. He pours the rest of his crown and coke down and pats me on the back and in his dignified ways says, and I quote, "dont worry son, I have tried to keep Bo here but he is ready to build his own legacy and he cant wait to face his friend every year in the Big 12 championship game every year, you do know that Stoops doesnt want Bo at Nebraska." I just shake my head sideways and he comes back and say, "Bobby, used to bet Bo all the time who was better at everything and Bo usually beat him." "They have a new bet and its who will win the most Big 12 championships in the next 10 years."

I tell him thank you and ask his name and he says, you dont need my name you just need to be like my broker and take it my advice, bet on Bo."

True story...Dont know who he is but lets just say I believe him!!

I hope its true. We want Bo!

So.. this guy is some hot-shot business guy, and has the spelling and grammar skills of a 12 year old? Plus, the dialog is cheesy as hell. "I am just a man who needs a drink before my wife drags me into this charity event." Come on.. no one talks like that. Sounds like the line from Jerry Macguire "I'm just a girl... standing in front of a boy.. blah blah".

This story reeks of fake, fake and more fake. Even if Bo is considering coming to NU, he's going to wait and see what happens with Les Miles. If Miles bolts for Michigan he would be considered for the LSU head coaching gig. So, I'm going to bet that he's going to wait and see how that whole things shakes down before he commits to anything.

So.. this guy is some hot-shot business guy, and has the spelling and grammar skills of a 12 year old? Plus, the dialog is cheesy as hell. "I am just a man who needs a drink before my wife drags me into this charity event." Come on.. no one talks like that. Sounds like the line from Jerry Macguire "I'm just a girl... standing in front of a boy.. blah blah".

This story reeks of fake, fake and more fake. Even if Bo is considering coming to NU, he's going to wait and see what happens with Les Miles. If Miles bolts for Michigan he would be considered for the LSU head coaching gig. So, I'm going to bet that he's going to wait and see how that whole things shakes down before he commits to anything.

But nothing is better than the Nebraska job. Unless you are Houston Nutt and look where he is today.

You must not be married. My wife drags me to all kinds of things and places I don't want to go. If only I were so lucky to have a bar close by before the dragging begins.

All the same, I don't believe the litty short story either.

If someone has time I dont think it would be too hard to check what kind of charity event was being held there or if there even was one. :thumbs

This was on November 3:

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/News/NewOrleans/N...ition__5037.asp

On November 3 at 7:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Hotel, Casa Argentina celebrates its 25th Anniversary with a Tango Night featuring a seated dinner, silent auction and a show composed of international renowned tango dancers, a singer and an instrumental tango ensemble. Guitarists Julio and Cesar will also be entertaining to the delights of their many fans. Tickets $85 for dinner, show and dance. $25 for show and dance. Call (504) 896-2229 or e-mail casa argentinanola.@gmail.com

This looks as if it was just this past weekend: http://www.nola.com/living/t-p/index.ssf?/....xml&coll=1

I could see this being true to be honest. Does anybody know that Bo Pelini was in Bob Stoops wedding I believe as his best man maybe but he was in Bob Stoops wedding. They did go to the same school and stuff. So I can see this being very very true. And out of all of the these coaches talk....why was Bo Pelini the only one to be in the Omaha World Herald with a huge ass article. Bo Pelini is getting more talk than Turner Gill because Nebraska fans want Bo. I think that Bo Pelini can bring back the Husker spirts in his first month with the players....easily.