Do Husker Fans Really Want a Win Tomorrow?

joehusker

Win Conundrum  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Under no circumstances do we think about losing! I would rather think that a lot of discussion

and thought have already gone into the decision that TO will be making concerning this coaching

staff and their future at NU. The Huskers need to win this game and end this season on a positive

note. A win would only lead to several positive outcomes for the NU football program. I would

never wish a loss on the Huskers--no matter what!! Beat CU.....

"There's only one reason to take the field. To Win."

I'm not playing tomorrow and I'm guessing that most if not all of us will not be taking the field. I don't think he wants anyone to try to lose, I don't think anyone's been trying to lose all season but the losses piled up pretty quickly. I won't be cheering for CU, but if revamping the coaching staff will lead to greater future success, and if a loss would lock down that change, then yes, I'd rather that we'd lose.

Go ahead and tell me that I'm not a True Fan™, then go ahead and describe yourself and say that's what a Troo Fan™ is, but I don't see how you can have the best interest of the program at heart if you can't even say that if it were better for the future to lose tomorrow, then you would rather see a loss, as painful as that can be.

However, you might have noticed all of the built in qualifiers that reveal the underlying assumptions of the hope-- I don't know what a win or a loss will result in nor that a new coaching staff will have greater success in the future. I just think it's bizarre that you can present hypothetical circumstances and outcomes and people would still pick the outcome with more detrimental consequences. Sure, I'll be cheering for the Huskers tomorrow, but IF the above conditions were the correct ones, then I'd rather see them lose. I don't know what's in TO's mind, if he's already basically decided BC's fate, so, yeah, the win is the only thing we'll be able to see :)

Hehe...

I'd like to see Ganz put up a 50 spot on CU to just solidify what is already quite apparent-that he should have been the starter all year, and Callahan blew it.

Final nail in the coffin. They win, Callahan & Cosgrove get thrown to the curb on Saturday, and it's a beautiful weekend.