KETV live w/Jason Peter

Of course roids happen, heck their in High schools all across the country. I won't pretend to know what he did personally...whether he made right choice or not but he is entitled to his opinion---I'd say he earned it as well as the chance to straighten out his life.

I take offense when people come down on players for the pain killer thing, coaches, trainers & doctors are as much to blame as anybody especially in the NFL. That's another subject for another day I guess.

By the way, I as well was close to the program at one time...several of my very good friends played on the team, heck I even hung around with a starting quarterback for over a year (often, our girlfriends were best friends). I guess we have soemthing in common huh?

Next subject?

I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I am sorry if I did........ but, I am entitled to my opinion...I believe that JP didn't do things right, and do not think that he has the right to consistantly attack the program....

I apologize if anyone is offended...... I believe what I believe..... some of you can keep making "excuses" for him, and why it is okay for some of his behavior.....you are entitled to this belief also....

I can see this topic is going to go no where....so I will leave it alone....and agian apologize to those I apparently offended....

Not that I have too..... I don't claim to know any more than anyone else...... but to answer to some of you tuff pc guys.....yes, I played, coached and am a lot closer to the NU program than most.... I knew, did-know, roomed with players, and if you think that roids didn't happen.....enjoy your dream world.

Hukserforever....ignorant..... let's talk X's and O's anytime......set up a meeting and well visit about football, not "opinions".

What in the world does X and O's have to do with you making judgments against someone you don't even know. I may not have as much football knowledge as you, but I have personal experience with addictions. And for you to turn your back on JP, because he has addiction problems is just plain wrong. If you don't like his commentary on Husker football that is one thing, but leave the addiction problem out of this.

Of course we all know that steroids are a problem in sports, but you are slandering JP by saying he did roids with no solid proof. It sounds like you are looking down on him because he did "street drugs" like crack and heroin. Well i guess you can keep looking down on him, as you down your 10th beer of the day.

Weather JP took roids or not should not be the subject. JP has his opinion, some think it is BS and other don't. He still should have his opinion, drug induced or not. I personally don't think you need to tow the line to support the program. JP feels the program would be better off with the current coaches gone...so be it.

Too many on this board feel attacked or take it too personal if the opinions expressed do not match their own.

flatout.....i agree with you...... once again, I apologize for offending anyone.....but I stick by my opinion, as well as I expect everyone else to stick by theirs....

Next subject....agreed.

All right, I'll meet you half way. I think were all alittle testy this evening. Apology accepted & I'll offer the same as well.

Weather JP took roids or not should not be the subject. JP has his opinion, some think it is BS and other don't. He still should have his opinion, drug induced or not. I personally don't think you need to tow the line to support the program. JP feels the program would be better off with the current coaches gone...so be it.

Too many on this board feel attacked or take it too personal if the opinions expressed do not match their own.

That's just it..I thought they did (his opinions matching most of our own).

I'm guessing some are concerned that JP was just "piling on" (Not a done deal, yet).

I guess I could see if you're a Callahan apologist, maybe having a different opinion (Which is OK, even if you're addicted to crack like me)

10ef1c110e9.jpg

JP also did recreational drugs - hard ones - like cocaine and heroin. He's said this on Rome and other places. That can't be good on anybody.

I like the guy - he's smart and shoots straight.

I heard that (well, an) interview on Rome. I don't remember him talking about the fun drugs, so I stand corrected. But those sorts of drugs are often forms of self-medication for both physical pain and psychological disorders (not saying that he has the latter, but just saying that it's not at all uncommon). Usually when the pain (psychological or physical) is treated, drug use tapers off considerably as well. I don't have the same sorts of pains that he has (or the other poster in this thread, sorry), but bad backs run in my family. I take care of mine, but someitmes I can't get out of bed. Hell, if someone would have offered me something illegal to treat that pain, i might have seriously considered it. Luckily, I don't have to go out and slam myself into 400lb guys. :)

Huskers Forever...... I said nothing about street drugs...... I said nothing about turning my back on him as a person...... I just think that if he is going to be so willing to cast stone after stone at the program, he might want to check his own "glass house"......

You lecture me on judging, yet you tell me to have another drink..... absolutely 0 beers today....so far :)

I totally respect what he does on the Rome show, when he openly talks about his addiction and actually teaches across the radio....but I do have a problem with him comparing this staff and palyers and heart, when the teams we all loved didn't actually always do it the right way.

I offered my apology to you, accept it or not, but I'll move on to a "less sensitive" topic...

Maybe these kids aren't as good as JP was because they aren't taking 25 + pills a day.....his drug use adn abuse is well documented.....especially by Jim Rome......JP didn't necessarily pour his heart and soul, he poured performance enhancing drugs and more into his body...... don't give me the crap about how he knows everything....

I was a huge, huge JP supporter until the truth came out....if you can't do it the right way, suck it up..... and if you did it the WRONG WAY JP, keep your criticisms to yourself......

You're a really nice guy. I hope nobody in your family ever has anyone who suffers fron an addiction. BTW , he overcame his problem and turned his life around.

Huskers Forever...... I said nothing about street drugs...... I said nothing about turning my back on him as a person...... I just think that if he is going to be so willing to cast stone after stone at the program, he might want to check his own "glass house"......

You lecture me on judging, yet you tell me to have another drink..... absolutely 0 beers today....so far :)

I totally respect what he does on the Rome show, when he openly talks about his addiction and actually teaches across the radio....but I do have a problem with him comparing this staff and palyers and heart, when the teams we all loved didn't actually always do it the right way.

I offered my apology to you, accept it or not, but I'll move on to a "less sensitive" topic...

You obviously have only paid half attention to the subject. First, JP may or may not have taken steriods, there is no proof other than a former teammate making a joke about it.

Second, most lineman lose much of their playing weight after they quit playing and quit ingesting 6000 calories a day. Addiction to cocaine, heroine, crack, and meth alson cause dramatic weight loss.

Third, JP's addiction was, first to painkillers, as a result of a neck and back injury he first suffered pouring his guts out on the field for NU (go back and watch the 97 Big 12 championship game where he only played about 1 quarter). This led to his addiction to heroine and either cocaine or crack.

If you want to keep drinking the Calllllllahan Kool-aid and bash JP's opinion of him go ahead, but at least know what you are talking about before you spread unfounded rumors.

I for one am growing tired of JP and his mouth. Yes Callahan is horrible but what exactly is he proving by bashing the ENTIRE program on TV and Radio? Like I stated earlier, JP is tiresome to listen too!

I am too, to the point of not really looking for a link to hear it (again?).

But not knowing whether or not TO rids us of this mennace makes me a little grateful that we have JP continuing on with this "crusade"...Maybe Osborne will tend to take his opinion a little more seriously than just ours.

He may have fried a few braincells (which may explain some of his slurring), but his points are obvious enough for a dummy like me to agree with him.

Back in his day, JP saw coaches working hard and players sacrificing everything to win games. And win they did. Now that the Huskers are not winning, he assumes it's lack of know-how and effort. He is having a hard time figuring how people with N's on their gear don't care enough to be successful.

I'm out of the area, so I don't hear his comments. But if you hear him and don't like it , turn it off.