Support for Callahan!

Flatout24

Some people just never learn. It's this simple. If you think Callahan is going to restore our program, you're an idiot. I know that sounds personal, but it's not meant to be. It's just a simple fact: you are unable to think through the obvious signs of a poor coach and come to the proper viewpoint, which is that he needs to be fired...yesterday.

Callahan refuses to fire an inept staff. He cannot win big games. He is an atrocious playcaller most of the time. He cannot manage the pacing of the game. He cannot make adjustments. He cannot motivate a football team. He cannot recognize and implement talent in places where it is desperately needed WHEN it is desperately needed. He cannot coach. Period.

If he stays, I think Nebraska football is dead, if it isn't already.

X

Exactly! I cant see how anyone can see it any differently. I dont dislike Cally's offense, but I dislike his management of it. Even if a new DC is brought in, and why does anyone think Cally would have a better DC in waiting(?), its not going to change the underlying lack of motivation and game/personnel mismanagment. The only thing consistent about the 4 years of Cally has been the team's inconsistency. Because of this, I have no faith that Cally could ever get us back to being a consistent threat to the national title.

In todays college football, 9-3 should be the bare minimum record for a Husker team, winning the North, and a bowl game. With the thought that most years NU would have at least 10 wins (considering 12 regular season games nowadays).

Bill is frustrating to say the least. However the Huskers were ranked at # 16 in total offense

going in today's game and you don't get into the top 20 by total accident or idiocy. Bill has some

offensive talent and skills as a coach. Too bad that Bill wins in the stats game only and not on the

season where it matters most.

Tom has a heavy decision to make this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Bill

another season as Tom knows the pressures of the job from the inside of it that no fan will ever

understand completely. Last year Coach Cosgrove was being praised for starting a turnaround in

the Black Shirt tradition on defense but this season he seems absolutely inept or unable to get the

most from his players. It's possible that Bill gets an offer to stay but Kevin Doesn't.

I don't envy Tom as he's got a major decision to make that is going to put his reputation on the line.

He's taken heat for getting his buddy Frank Solich to follow him with promises of keeping his staff intact

when Frank became heir to the throne. I think that Tom is a man of great integrity but I hope if he makes

a coaching change that the Husker program doesn't end up where Notre Dame is this year because of it.

Whatever comes this weekend I hope the Huskers end up with the coaching staff we need and doesn't

send the Husker program further in decline as happened to many other once fine football programs

who had a few bad seasons and got impatient such as Notre Dame let alone Texas A&M. Anyways I

can only say GO HUSKERS!

Glad the season is over. I feel like Creed in the Rocky movie, "Ain't gonna be no rematch ... don't want one ... don't want one."

Hopefully, this experiment is over and we can get rid of the "pink shirts" and this coaching.

Hopefully, we can begin with some five and four star talent and get back to respectability.

To be honest, don't know if the glory days will be coming back ... we've just fallen so far.

Humbled and bummed,

Mark

Some people just never learn. It's this simple. If you think Callahan is going to restore our program, you're an idiot.

:asshat :asshat :asshat

he's not restoring anything. he's gone, so get over it.

There, I feel better already.

wow. name calling can be fun, I've always avoided it.

people can think anyway they want.

so can you.

It's a forum on the internet loaded with anonymous posters.

You can bash the next coach when he loses games. gloating the failure of the coach (which also means the failure of the season) takes real intellect.

ya rolls the dice, ya takes yer chances.

Glad the season is over. I feel like Creed in the Rocky movie, "Ain't gonna be no rematch ... don't want one ... don't want one."

Hopefully, this experiment is over and we can get rid of the "pink shirts" and this coaching.

Hopefully, we can begin with some five and four star talent and get back to respectability.

To be honest, don't know if the glory days will be coming back ... we've just fallen so far.

Humbled and bummed,

Mark

We still have good recruits. Even if the stars aren't the end all of determining potential, they still mean *something.* I think that we still have room to maneuver, but we're frighteningly close to the shoals and could run aground.

I have been a silent lurker on this board the entire season...but I finally felt the need to post my first message after reading some of the messages on here that support Callahan coming back for another year or two.

I am floored that there are NU fans out there that can overlook what Callahan has single-handily done to the tradition and the program that was once the mighty Cornhuskers. Every positive record except the sell-out streak has been wiped out, the walk-on program dismantled, the Black Shirts reduced to the worst defense in the Big 12, former players not allowed to come to practices or the games, ridiculous quotes from a head coach refusing to admit his mistakes and even declarations that he's doing an "excellent" job, a team that doesn't resemble anything that this once storied program was known for around the country for the past 5 decades.

Callahan and SP before him have taken our beloved program back so many years in four short seasons it's frightening. The damage has been done both on and off the field and will take a former NU player or coach to come in or someone with respect for tradition and what NU and its fans are all about to restore any integrity and a new winning tradition.

Callahan refused to honor or appreciate Nebraska, its culture, its fans, its tradition, its former players and staff from the very beginning and that was his downfall. Bring in Turner Gill or someone with ties or respect for NU and I will throw my support around him regardless of the win/loss record each year just as we did for so many years with Dr. Tom. But please, stop kidding yourselves with "give him one more year" in regards to Callahan as he needs to go and needs to go NOW!

I have been a silent lurker on this board the entire season...but I finally felt the need to post my first message after reading some of the messages on here that support Callahan coming back for another year or two.

I am floored that there are NU fans out there that can overlook what Callahan has single-handily done to the tradition and the program that was once the mighty Cornhuskers. Every positive record except the sell-out streak has been wiped out, the walk-on program dismantled, the Black Shirts reduced to the worst defense in the Big 12, former players not allowed to come to practices or the games, ridiculous quotes from a head coach refusing to admit his mistakes and even declarations that he's doing an "excellent" job, a team that doesn't resemble anything that this once storied program was known for around the country for the past 5 decades.

Callahan and SP before him have taken our beloved program back so many years in four short seasons it's frightening. The damage has been done both on and off the field and will take a former NU player or coach to come in or someone with respect for tradition and what NU and its fans are all about to restore any integrity and a new winning tradition.

Callahan refused to honor or appreciate Nebraska, its culture, its fans, its tradition, its former players and staff from the very beginning and that was his downfall. Bring in Turner Gill or someone with ties or respect for NU and I will throw my support around him regardless of the win/loss record each year just as we did for so many years with Dr. Tom. But please, stop kidding yourselves with "give him one more year" in regards to Callahan as he needs to go and needs to go NOW!

Nice post, terrible topic. 9 Gigillion threads on this.

I'm pretty neutral on the Callahan issue. I actually blame the entire season on Bo Ruud. After watching him stroll around on the field today (as he has all season), I am reminded that the coaching staff was forced to play him because of his "legacy" status, and the influence of the Ruud family in the booster and donor community. BR was more damaging to the Husker defense than any offense around.

I think that I actually saw Cosgrove swearing at the defense in the second half. He should have been doing that all year.

Who loses football games? Football players.

I'm pretty neutral on the Callahan issue. I actually blame the entire season on Bo Ruud. After watching him stroll around on the field today (as he has all season), I am reminded that the coaching staff was forced to play him because of his "legacy" status, and the influence of the Ruud family in the booster and donor community. BR was more damaging to the Husker defense than any offense around.

I think that I actually saw Cosgrove swearing at the defense in the second half. He should have been doing that all year.

I certainly hope that this comment was wrapped in sarcasm, cuz if not you are truly clueless.

Some people just never learn. It's this simple. If you think Callahan is going to restore our program, you're an idiot.

:asshat :asshat :asshat

he's not restoring anything. he's gone, so get over it.

There, I feel better already.

wow. name calling can be fun, I've always avoided it.

people can think anyway they want.

so can you.

It's a forum on the internet loaded with anonymous posters.

You can bash the next coach when he loses games. gloating the failure of the coach (which also means the failure of the season) takes real intellect.

ya rolls the dice, ya takes yer chances.

It isn't really name calling if you let a smiley face with a sign do it for you, is it?

You've got to be kidding...what proof do you have that Callahan was forced to play him? And if so, do you want a head coach that caves in that easily?

Ruud was just one player. The problems in Lincoln run WAY deeper than any one player.

The players are weak.

The players are poor tacklers and blockers.

The players are undisciplined.

The players are a reflection of their coaching staff.

Ya know sumthing i like bill callahan cuz he called oklahoma "f'ing hillbillies" and even tho i like tom osborne if u can come in to nebraska call the nebraskan god a crusty old &*^*&@ and last atleast 4 seasons thats pretty good

o and i really truely think its our defense thats the problamo, not bill callahan