Please stay Marlon

HANC

Good bye, Charmin Lucky. If Marlon makes an NFL team, he will be a 3rd down back at best.

Dead wrong. Lucky will be very successful in the NFL. He's durable, has great hands, good speed, and he's smart. He'll do just fine.

One who pretty much never breaks a tackle, falls down at first contact.

Rushing for 1000 yards and has over 700 receiving yards. Other then that he always fell down on first contact. :wacko:

The guy had over 1700 freaking yards of total offense. What other NU back that had that many yards got put down as much as this guy? I'll give you a hint no of them. Some people will never be happy unless the RB is catching pitches on the option.

Have you ever watched a Husker game do you or just spout off meaningless statistics? The offense has also average like 50 points a game over the last 4 games but we are 1-3.

I heard on on radio program where they broke down Chamin's rushing statistics. Against top 50 defenses he averages just over 3 years per carry but against garbage defesnes he averages almost 6 per carry. He has nice hands, decent speed, is okay at picking up blitzes, but almost never breaks a tackle. I have NEVER seen a back fall down by so many ankle tackles as this guy has.

Good bye, Charmin Lucky. If Marlon makes an NFL team, he will be a 3rd down back at best.

Dead wrong. Lucky will be very successful in the NFL. He's durable, has great hands, good speed, and he's smart. He'll do just fine.

Rushing for 1000 yards and has over 700 receiving yards. Other then that he always fell down on first contact. :wacko:

The guy had over 1700 freaking yards of total offense. What other NU back that had that many yards got put down as much as this guy? I'll give you a hint no of them. Some people will never be happy unless the RB is catching pitches on the option.

Have you ever watched a Husker game do you or just spout off meaningless statistics? The offense has also average like 50 points a game over the last 4 games but we are 1-3.

I heard on on radio program where they broke down Chamin's rushing statistics. Against top 50 defenses he averages just over 3 years per carry but against garbage defesnes he averages almost 6 per carry. He has nice hands, decent speed, is okay at picking up blitzes, but almost never breaks a tackle. I have NEVER seen a back fall down by so many ankle tackles as this guy has.

I've never seen this guy play and have never watched a NU game in my life. :wacko:

Did it ever cross your mind that against those "Top" 50 defenses that our average line couldn't make holes or block people? So do stats only mean something if they help YOUR side of the argument? The offensive stats really don't show why we were 1-3 the last 4 games. The defensive stats will show that. This dude will probably never do anything right in some folks eyes and if you ask me that shows how short-sighted and narrow-minded some people are. dedhoarse:moreinteresting

1700 total yards that is terrible. Just think if he wouldn't have fallen down because of ankle tackles, he could have had well over 2000 total yards. :wacko:

Also since stats are only meaningful if they come against "Top 50" Defenses, does that mean any stats that teams got against NU don't count? I'm sure Texas fans don't count Jamal Charles yards or Mizzou don't count Chase Daniels or KU doesn't count Reesing's. You might as well throw in the USC rushing yards and Texas A&M and Okie St's yards. :bang

Man and just think about all those yards that the teams from the 80's and 90's put up against those awesome teams in the Big 8 or the likes of the Pacific and Northern Illinois' of the world. :moreinteresting:boxosoap

This thread is comical for many reasons....

1 - The post about all the RB's coming out is great, I love how everyone acts like the NFL really cares about College stats. Without the benefit of seeing all these guys at a combine, running, lifting and catching, it doesn't really matter what they did in college. YES, durability, attitude, field awareness and many other factors weigh in, but who really thought Brandon Jackson was going in the 2nd round BEFORE he ran a blazing 40 in the combine.....

2 - Building a successful program is about continuing to produce championships and individuals who excel and go on to play on Sundays. We need some WRs (Purify), RBs (Jackson, Lucky), QBs (???) to go to the NFL so recruits see that we produce Championships and send players to the LEAGUE...

3 - We are talking about the crapshoot that is "playing RB in the NFL"...By that I mean look at some of the NFL rosters, hell the Packers took the Giants trash and found a starting RB (Ryan Grant, who spent 2 years on Giants practice squad), Samkon Gado was a 4th string RB in college and ended up starting for the Packers and then the Texans. It's all about being in the right place at the right time, and for those of you out there who thinks Lucky lacks the skill set to play on Sundays, you may want to take a closer look at your favorite team's roster and find out the back story for each of those guys....YOU WILL BE AMAZED!!!!

As a Husker fan I would love to see him leading us to a BCS game next year, but as a realist, (especially with the uncertainity) I think he will be better served to leave early....

(Another negative for the Huskers, but positive for Marlon and Mo among others is they will have a head start getting prepared for the COMBINE.... <_<

I am NOT CALLING TO KEEP BC.......but, do you think that he really wants to stay and "learn" another system for 1 year, and risk injury....

He flourished in this system with the short passing game....a new coach with a running philosophy will probably only hurt his stock..... remember, it takes 4 years to get the kids to run "your" system....this line can't "Run" block very well...... his stock drops if he doesn't catch as many passes next year....... He can't be a "Feature" RB in the NFL who pounds the ball 20-25 times..

If BC is gone, my bet is Lucky is gone..

Agreed. He would be nuts to endure a senior season of the turmoil associated with a new staff. Get ready for four more years of "rebuilding" and a subsequent coach firing.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Marlon will send his papers in or whatever they do for professional evaluation, but I think it will come back as a 4-5th rounder and he will stay.

It also really depends on what kind of offense is brought in. I think something like the option with Marlon could be deadly. Imagine Ganz pitching to lucky while drawing defenders and then Lucky being out in open space where he is his best, like when he catches the ball, and then making a few guys miss for big gains.

The thing that concerns me about Lucky and whether he stays or not is going to be who the next HC is and what type of offense he's going to run. Lucky may not be as productive next year under a new HC using say the spread option. If he feels it could hurt his draft prospects, he may take his chances with the NFL and leave early. And I also think Lucky and Callahan have a pretty good relationship ever since he was "sick" during the off season. Lucky may feel slighted if Callahan is fired and will leave because of that as well.

I hope he stays. I've been impressed with his season this year. I have to be honest, I wasn't impressed with him his freshman and sophmore seasons but this year he played very well. But if he doesn't, then I'll say Thank You and Good Luck.

The thing that concerns me about Lucky and whether he stays or not is going to be who the next HC is and what type of offense he's going to run. Lucky may not be as productive next year under a new HC using say the spread option.

I think Lucky would be great in a spread option. I thought that is what we were going to run when we came out yesterday. Ganz and Lucky in the spread with our WR would be a pretty decent offense.

ummm....that one RB in 83 had 2100 rushing yards.....eric crouch......jamaal lord.....tommy frazier......frost......the list goes on ther dude

ummm....that one RB in 83 had 2100 rushing yards.....eric crouch......jamaal lord.....tommy frazier......frost......the list goes on ther dude

Re-read the post. Which RB that had that many yards got as much crap as Lucky gets? :blink::ahhhhhhhh Do you understand now? :dunno Put down means made fun of, bad mouthed, said is not very good.

Thanks for bringing up Lord though because he got a lot of crap as well. :nanalama

sorry 2 burst ur bubble bro but i herd from my homegurl that knoes the dude on a personal level and i herd hes going pro after this year i kinda hope not becuzz we lost a good runner in this years draft that would be brandon jackson kinda wish he would have stayed but what can u do?? but thats what i herd thoes dont knoe if its true or not :hmmph

sorry 2 burst ur bubble bro but i herd from my homegurl that knoes the dude on a personal level and i herd hes going pro after this year i kinda hope not becuzz we lost a good runner in this years draft that would be brandon jackson kinda wish he would have stayed but what can u do?? but thats what i herd thoes dont knoe if its true or not :hmmph

Dude - can you try spelling? This is not a cell phone where texting needs to be compressed. Also, gurl? knoes? herd (seen any cattle lately)?

;)<_<

Re-read the post. Which RB that had that many yards got as much crap as Lucky gets? :blink::ahhhhhhhh Do you understand now? :dunno Put down means made fun of, bad mouthed, said is not very good.

Thanks for bringing up Lord though because he got a lot of crap as well. :nanalama

sorry bout that....

sorry bout that....

No worries. :thumbs

I just saw in the paper that his 1700+ is the most by a NU RB since Ahman had 1900+.

yo yo yo, u fa rizzle?