Who do you hire?

Next Head Coach  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You should have included other for some people. If I have to pick one of those guys I pick Turner I guess. I was leaning to Bo but like has been documented in MANY threads his defenses have imploded the last few games and the lack of ability to stop the Spread Option would not work in a conference were most of the teams run it.

Mark Richt gets my vote but I doubt he is going any place either.

Rodriguez is NOT going any where. If he wins out he is in the NC game at W.V. He isn't going anywhere.

who do we go with?

Folks, do not pretend for a moment that Osborne is going to have his choice for head coach --- if by that you mean that he will have plenty to choose from. People have thrown out names like Rich Rodriguez! He is from a top 10 program likely to play for the MNC this year!! Mark Richt!! Barry Alvarez!!! Chris Peterson!! These guys are in superior positions now and would be in no way be interested in this position.

The NU coaching position is not an attractive one and will not warrant the attention of many candidates unless $$$ like crazy is involved. NU, as a program is a fringe top 40 type program with top 5 expectations. Not attractive to many. NU has been middle conference material for 4 years in a row, are coming off of 6 losses in seven games, have players who do not want to be there and is a program that is heading south. So, expect that only guys like Gill or others connected to the program might be interested. I am not convinced that Pelini, if offered, would be interested.

So, it is not an issue of choice but one of settle.

Has to be Gill or Pelini, or the fans will be climbing the walls the first signs of trouble...

The AD picked the last coach against a lot of people's wishes...maybe the fans should be listened to a little more this time, but not exclusively.

sounds like it'll be Gill.

It's NU, fans will still climb the walls if he doesn't win enough.

it should NEVER be up to fans - it's not a popularity contest.

but opinions vary.

Has to be Gill or Pelini, or the fans will be climbing the walls the first signs of trouble...

The AD picked the last coach against a lot of people's wishes...maybe the fans should be listened to a little more this time, but not exclusively.

sounds like it'll be Gill.

It's NU, fans will still climb the walls if he doesn't win enough.

it should NEVER be up to fans - it's not a popularity contest.

but opinions vary.

Guess what it was never up to the fans it was up to AD T.O. and he fired him. You can rant and rave how terrible fans are all you want because his choice was different then the way you wanted it to go but it won't change the fact thats he's gone.