This just in......

Bo Pelini was in Lincoln today November 24th wearing a Nebraska Hat. Believe me or not this is coming from my buddy lives in Omaha who is a Correctional Officer and he was in Lincoln for the holiday for family. Well he stopped by Memorial Stadium because of what happened today and called me to tell me that he saw Bo Pelini wearing a Husker hat. Go ahead and make fun of me, but i wouldn't have posted this if I didn't think that it wasn't true.

I told him that i needed pictures to confirm this and he told me that he didn't have one with him. I was thinking to myself that this couldn't be true because LSU had a game late last night but its weird that the LJS did this story http://www.journalstar.com/huskerextra/foo...d9103910515.txt and that ESPN talked about Bo Pelini would be the best choice for head coach at Nebraska during the halftime show for the Boston College vs Miami (FL) game.

I'm not a fan of this Rumor board for the fact of all of this nonsense going around for the past 3-4 weeks and I wouldn't in my life see myself starting a topic like this. I believe my friend 110% and he would never make this up for he two is a die-hard Nebraska fan and he's not even rooting for Bo Pelini as Head Coach. I know that I'm a Bo Pelini supporter but I have Paul Johnson very high on my list for the HC job for Nebraska.

If i'm wrong i'll just have to eat my own words and to inform you all that i'm very sorry for posting this thread and I'll be a man about it, to responsibility for this post. But like I said that I wouldn't have posted this if i didn't believe my friend but i do believe my friend 110%. But like TO said today that he'll let us know in a few days on who the new coach will be and maybe he started the interviews today. But i don't know, it'll be interesting for the next few days and I didn't say that Bo Pelini is the new HC, I'm just saying that my buddy spotted him in Lincoln today wearing a Nebraska Hat.

Whether he was here or not...at Memorial Stadium or not doesn't mean he'll be the next head coach. Osborne said that he had a person looking into who might be interested in coming to NU. He said that person told him that he had 4 or 5 names but Osborne didn't know who those names were.

Another wait 'n see.

FIRE PELINI...........just getting an early start...... :clap

Seriously. Why the hell would we want a DC that doesn't know how to stop the run? Hasn't everyone been calling us to fire a DC like that most of the season? I just don't see any reason why employing Pelini would be of any benefit.

Just because Pelini may not be able to stop the run, doesn't mean his DC wouldn't. I have to think he would hire a DC and not pull that Callahan crap of having an OC but not allowing him to call the plays.

I hear what you're saying bro, but isnt that like an oxymoron? Definately a contradictory. Thought that was the only legit point of hiring him.

LSU had a game yesterday so I doubt he would come here today

it is possible he COULD have come here even if they had a game last night in Baton Rouge.

UFC fighter Houston Alexander had a fight this past saturday in New Jersey, and was at a car show at the Qwest Center Sunday signing autographs....

not saying he was here or he wasn't just saying its possible

Seriously. Why the hell would we want a DC that doesn't know how to stop the run? Hasn't everyone been calling us to fire a DC like that most of the season? I just don't see any reason why employing Pelini would be of any benefit.

Before the Arkansas game, LSU was fourth in the nation against the run.

In 2006, LSU was 14th against the run.

In 2005, LSU was 6th against the run.

In 2004, Oklahoma was 6th against the run.

In 2003, Nebraska was 24th against the run.

I hope you were being sarcastic, because otherwise your statement was terribly ill-informed.

Pelini's situation is alot different than Cosgroves. He had one bad day against Arkansas, who has the best running back in college football (Darren McFadden) & McFadden probably had his best game all year. Not to mention Felix Jones, another RB good enough to go pro. Despite all that, Pelini held Arkansas to 28 points in regulation (LSU fans wouldnt be bitching about Pelini if their offense had been a bit more productive, hence there wouldnt have been a need for an overtime).