What are you listening to right now?

You can never have enough Nowhere Man :lol:

True story: Driving along I-80 in the mid-90s from Colorado somewhere between Kimball and Potter-Dix, Nebraska. The timing belt snaps and I've got the oldies station (50s, 60s, 70s) cranking on the car stereo. Just as I get ready to step out of the car after popping the hood, "Nowhere Man" comes on the radio. It summed up the scenery and my feelings quite perfectly in that moment. I'll never forget the significance of irony on that warm afternoon.

@Nexus

When I was a kid, I made a lot of bad decisions, and got into a lot of trouble. Eventually, I left my parents little choice but to take radical measures, and they decided to send me to an intensive, brutal six week labor camp of sorts for juvenile delinquents in the remote forests of Idaho. (This labor camp has since been closed amid abuse allegations, although I never suffered any such mistreatment.) So on the day I was to be taken to this location, in the handle of two large, foreboding individuals, I was waiting with severe trepidation and, really, outright fear. The place I was being sent to had a reputation for being quite unforgiving. I was detained at the time, in a locked facility. In this facility there was a long hallway, at the end of which were two secured, videotaped, locked doors under permanent surveillance. They played music in the mornings there, and on the day I was to be transferred to this labor camp, The House of the Rising Sun came onto the radio, those doors buzzed, and in walked two of the most intimidating bastards I've ever seen in my life. They were coming for me. And as I watched them walk towards me, almost in slow motion, that song played ominously in the background. I'll never forget that moment, as the song seemed to encapsulate to the most perfect degree exactly the emotions I was feeling at the time. (And btw, the reason I said you can never have enough Nowhere Man is because I posted that same song the day before you did. We had a shared little wavelength for a minute there ;))

• Fire 3