Good luck Missouri, new #1

HuskerKing130

Right On, Brother! It wouldn't have been so close if the umpire weren't from Lawrence. Their D-Backs were mugging Maclin all night.

Well, I guess I don't know about that. From where I was sitting (in my house in front of my big screen LCD TV), I thought the game was called okay. There were a few plays here and there where I felt that Mizzou might have gotten screwed. At the same time, there were a few calls where I felt KU got screwed. When it comes down to it the way the refs call the game should not decide whether a team wins or loses, which it didn't in my opinion. I felt Mizzou was in control of the game from the beginning: their offense was just dominating KU's defense, and for the first half Mizzou's D was stickin' it to Reesing and company.

I also wanted to mention something about them playing at Arrowhead (neutral ground). Alot of KU fans are using it as an excuse of why KU lost. Look, if a team is good...it shouldn't matter where they play. If they are good, they should win. That's what good teams do. So stop trying to make excuses and just realize that KU lost to a better team.

OK... I seen worse officiating. It just seems a bad idea to appoint a ref from the home town of one of the schools. Just gives people an excuse to complain.

Help me understand the hatred for MU from many NU fans.

Is it jealousy that your program is down right now and MU is up?

You have beaten up on many programs for years and for the most part won with class.

Why the piss and venom for a Big 12 North school? What has MU ever done to NU considering the past 30 years? I just do not understand it.

Good luck in hiring the next coach. I truely hope NU gets back to being one of the top programs in the country.

Tyger

Can you explain all of the hatred for NU by MU fans? Is it jealousy that until this year, your program has been down for the last 40+ years while NU was "up" for the entirety of that timespan? It's not really a new concept that fans of programs from the same region, who have to play each other every year, begin to dislike each other.

If you want something to really chew on, though, I would contend that Mizzou fans and media do the most work toward creating ill-will toward their school and football program. I live in the KC area, and every f'ing day I have to read/hear a bunch of half-baked non-sense about a shift in the "balance of power" in the Big XII North, with Nebraska "losing relevance" and "no longer being a factor." Really, guys? After one season, Columbia is suddenly the capital of Big XII football? I know winning isn't your typical M.O., but I would have figured that even the greenest of "contenders" would realize that there are virtues like TRADITION and CONSISTENCY that usually factor into success. MU is having a great year, but have you really forgotten about the booger-eating beatdown of '06 at the hands of a woefully mediocre Nebraska team? Do you really think it's a good idea to paint this target on your chest right now? All of this chest-beating seems quite premature, and is done in poor form. And that is why my second favorite team every week of this season has been the one playing Missouri.

I live in the KC area too, and I'm not a Missouri fan, but your sour grapes whining sounds really bad. Missouri is for real, and they have more talent by far right now than we do. Tradition and consistency mean nothing right now, unless you like living in the past. I only care right now about seeing NU get back and be good in the future. Missouri is the best team in the country right now, with an excellent chance of beating OU. And the scary thing is that they will be even better next year. All we can do is worry about our own program. Don't stoop to the level of huskerh8ter, who lives in Nebraska and even has a anti NU web site. Just smile and nod your head and let them enjoy their success for now. Nebraska will be back soon.Oh, and by the way, KU is the best coached team in the country right now. They got dominated the whole game against KU and still kept it close. I don't like it, but it is good for the Big12 North.

I'm just tired of the constant stream of hyperbole from the media, that's all. I'm tired of all of these "football fans" coming out of the woodwork and talking sh#t about how Nebraska is totally "irrelevant" after a couple of down seasons.

Your whining about my whining sounds really bad. Sour grapes. Blah blah blah. I have a f'ing point here.

I"ll think they"res only one way to fix thid problem that is bothering you. GBR to Win games an it stop. Works fro allteam"s. It seems abouth right tome, but I could be wrong.

Don"t get mad an yell an cuss at me cause I don"t work for those medias. I"mbusy being a Number1 Tiger fan right now.

TuffTuiger

Columbia,MU=1 Top team :moreinteresting

I'm just tired of the constant stream of hyperbole from the media, that's all. I'm tired of all of these "football fans" coming out of the woodwork and talking sh#t about how Nebraska is totally "irrelevant" after a couple of down seasons.

Your whining about my whining sounds really bad. Sour grapes. Blah blah blah. I have a f'ing point here.

And what is your point? You are upset that MU is having a better season than NU and you do not like it.

I understand that. I do not agree with it, but, I understand it. NU had plenty of bandwagon fans in your day.

I know, I am a Nebraska native with a father and uncle who played (sat the bench) at Nebraska.

Relax, enjoy college football. Stop being jealous of MU and just enjoy the bowl games. The way to shut up Mizzou and Husker8er (whom I do not endorse at all) is to beat MU.

I can see your point CO.. the deal is when you live in the back yard of a Big 12 north rival, or any team, you kind of get tired of listening to the hype. I can imagine you are surrounded by Tiger fans... some have been supporting the team for years... and of course, with success comes the bandwagon factor.

I am sure you have been hammered since the MU game and Nebraska's unfortuate fall under Callahan...

I understand where you are coming from. If I were in KC, I'd buy you a cocktail or a beer, or coke and raise a glass to the new coach of the Huskers .. whoever he is... :madash:)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound jealous... just frustrated.

I'll stop listening to 810 AM, stop watching the local sports news, stop reading the Kansas City Star, stop paying attention to all of my Mizzou-grad co-workers who suddenly all own Mizzou sweatshirts and stand around talking about football, and pretty much quit my ESPN habit. Oh, and I'll turn the sound off for all the football games I watch for the rest of the year. Problem solved.

They were actually all hyping Kansas now it's Missouri turn to be hyped let them have their time in the sun.

What I'm saying is that they find it impossible to hype MU/KU without taking a corresponding number of shots at Nebraska. They can't talk about their own football programs without trashing ours.

That is all.

Who's "They"? And where are "They" doing this? It's more than likely (if 'they' really exist) college kids or other miscreants with too much time on their hands.

What I'm saying is that they find it impossible to hype MU/KU without taking a corresponding number of shots at Nebraska. They can't talk about their own football programs without trashing ours.

That is all.

Who's "They"? And where are "They" doing this? It's more than likely (if 'they' really exist) college kids or other miscreants with too much time on their hands.

Think he is talking about the media and mainly ESPN, for every time they show Missouri or Kansas the main clips are against Nebraska. Which makes sense since Nebraska has the big brand name and shows both schools scoring alot against them.

That is all.

Think he is talking about the media and mainly ESPN, for every time they show Missouri or Kansas the main clips are against Nebraska. Which makes sense since Nebraska has the big brand name and shows both schools scoring alot against them.

And those games were filled with more highlights for MU and KU than Nebraska had all season.

That is all.

That's a very good example of what I am talking about. I watched the games on ABC before the KU/MU game, and every time they showed one of their promotional montages, at least 50% of the clips they showed were AGAINST NEBRASKA. USC, KU, MU, Texas, etc. etc. etc. Why? This has been one of the most ridiculously high scoring seasons since the invention of the game, and somehow Nebraska is the only team that got scored on when the cameras were running?

Also, I just LOVED hearing the little jabs the local reporters were taking at Nebraska during their pre-game show. If you're an NU fan and you've been watching the local KC media coverage this season, you know what I'm talking about.

Jack Harry can eat my ass.

I used to hate MU before theyhad Gary Pinkel. I think he's not only coached them well but cleaned up their behavior.

In the past, MU players made alot of late hits, dirty playing etc. I saw alot of unsportsmanlike conduct. More than your usual rivalry.

Under Pinkel, they seem focused on playing good football.

I say GO TIGERS and GO BIG 12 NORTH!!!!! :w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t:w00t