Good luck Missouri, new #1

HuskerKing130

Help me understand the hatred for MU from many NU fans.

Is it jealousy that your program is down right now and MU is up?

You have beaten up on many programs for years and for the most part won with class.

Why the piss and venom for a Big 12 North school? What has MU ever done to NU considering the past 30 years? I just do not understand it.

Good luck in hiring the next coach. I truely hope NU gets back to being one of the top programs in the country.

Tyger

You have beaten up on many programs for years and for the most part won with class.

Why the piss and venom for a Big 12 North school? What has MU ever done to NU considering the past 30 years? I just do not understand it.

Good luck in hiring the next coach. I truely hope NU gets back to being one of the top programs in the country.

Tyger

I hope you do get your shot at a NC, it will look good for the Big 12 and the North Div. I pull for all big 12 teams when there not playing the Huskers. We all have some other teams in the league we follow a little. If a team other than Nebraska gets a chance to have a good year, especially teams like I.ST, Kan, Baylor who have been down for so long, I enjoy the success there having. I don't HATE any Big 12 teams, but there are a couple I still have a hard time rooting for, but I still do.

Anyway once again good luck on the next two games. Oh, by the way Nebraska won't be down long.

GBR!!!

Tyger

How about that bullsh#t fake FG that u guys pulled on us this year when the game was obviously already over? Or how about 1997 when u scumbags watered the field just to give urselves an unfair advantage over us? & then u whined & b&tched when u lost anyways...HAHAHA. Missouri is scum just like Texas is scum. Enjoy being #1, best of luck to u & ur program

Tyger

How about that bullsh#t fake FG that u guys pulled on us this year when the game was obviously already over? Or how about 1997 when u scumbags watered the field just to give urselves an unfair advantage over us? & then u whined & b&tched when u lost anyways...HAHAHA. Missouri is scum just like Texas is scum. Enjoy being #1, best of luck to u & ur program

You really show a certain level of intelligence with that response. It is clear that you want no part of a civil conversation. I will direct my comments to the more rational Husker fans. And by the way, let me just point out that you won the game between MU/NU in 1997 (which was 10 years ago) and you won a National Championship. I really kind of feel sorry for you my friend, let it go.

Tyger

You really show a certain level of intelligence with that response. It is clear that you want no part of a civil conversation. I will direct my comments to the more rational Husker fans. And by the way, let me just point out that you won the game between MU/NU in 199

7 (which was 10 years ago) and you won a National Championship. I really kind of feel sorry for you my friend, let it go.

Honestly, I don't get it myself. It's not like a bunch of missourians slaughtered a bunch of people in Lincoln or anything. But really, I've been trying to figure this one out all year-- I didn't know that i was supposed to hate you. :) I did want KU to win on Saturday, but they were definitely out-played-- you guys have a better chance of taking out OU, which is better for the North.

It was so nice for KU to finally face a worthy opponent. It was quite obvious after watching this game that Kansas isn't as good of a team as everyone thought. Don't get me wrong, they have a good team, but not national championship material. Mizzou's offense had their way with KU's defense almost all night long. Granted KU almost came back in the end...but it's kind of hard to come back when your defense can't stop the other team's offense. Not sure who KU's opponent will be in their bowl game, but if it is a halfway decent team, KU is going to struggle.

I see that Mizzou is #1. I'm not a fan of Mizzou, nor will I ever be, but it's good to see a solid team representing the Big 12 in the national championship picture. It's really a shame that Mizzou has to face OU for the Big 12 Title while other teams like Ohio State sit around playing with themselves, because to me, Mizzou has already won the Big 12. That being said, I do believe Mizzou has a great chance at beating OU this Saturday. It's the second time these two teams have squared off this season, and I can guarantee you Mr. Chase Daniel will be going out on that field to prove something. He's learned from his mistakes and he's ready to lead the offense up and down the field.

I want Mizzou to win against OU. Plain and simple. I want them to be in the championship game because I feel they deserve it. They have an overwhelming offense, and their defense has been doing great lately, making plays when they need to be made. If they beat OU this Saturday, they deserve to be in the national championship. If they don't get in, well, something is definitely wrong with the system.

GO MIZZOU!!!

Tyger

I'm rooting you guys. I think you deserve the chance and it will be nice to see someone new in the BCS Title game. Hopefully after your little taste of success some of you will now quit dwelling on the past and look forward to your future.

It was so nice for KU to finally face a worthy opponent. It was quite obvious after watching this game that Kansas isn't as good of a team as everyone thought. Don't get me wrong, they have a good team, but not national championship material. Mizzou's offense had their way with KU's defense almost all night long. Granted KU almost came back in the end...but it's kind of hard to come back when your defense can't stop the other team's offense. Not sure who KU's opponent will be in their bowl game, but if it is a halfway decent team, KU is going to struggle.

I see that Mizzou is #1. I'm not a fan of Mizzou, nor will I ever be, but it's good to see a solid team representing the Big 12 in the national championship picture. It's really a shame that Mizzou has to face OU for the Big 12 Title while other teams like Ohio State sit around playing with themselves, because to me, Mizzou has already won the Big 12. That being said, I do believe Mizzou has a great chance at beating OU this Saturday. It's the second time these two teams have squared off this season, and I can guarantee you Mr. Chase Daniel will be going out on that field to prove something. He's learned from his mistakes and he's ready to lead the offense up and down the field.

I want Mizzou to win against OU. Plain and simple. I want them to be in the championship game because I feel they deserve it. They have an overwhelming offense, and their defense has been doing great lately, making plays when they need to be made. If they beat OU this Saturday, they deserve to be in the national championship. If they don't get in, well, something is definitely wrong with the system.

GO MIZZOU!!!

Right On, Brother! It wouldn't have been so close if the umpire weren't from Lawrence. Their D-Backs were mugging Maclin all night.

Either way - the players are glad to have to play OU. A win validates their #1 status, and Chase and Company want to avenge the loss in Norman.

Go Tigers - the most dynamic and explosive offense in college football and a defense that can knock you into next week.

Right On, Brother! It wouldn't have been so close if the umpire weren't from Lawrence. Their D-Backs were mugging Maclin all night.

Well, I guess I don't know about that. From where I was sitting (in my house in front of my big screen LCD TV), I thought the game was called okay. There were a few plays here and there where I felt that Mizzou might have gotten screwed. At the same time, there were a few calls where I felt KU got screwed. When it comes down to it the way the refs call the game should not decide whether a team wins or loses, which it didn't in my opinion. I felt Mizzou was in control of the game from the beginning: their offense was just dominating KU's defense, and for the first half Mizzou's D was stickin' it to Reesing and company.

I also wanted to mention something about them playing at Arrowhead (neutral ground). Alot of KU fans are using it as an excuse of why KU lost. Look, if a team is good...it shouldn't matter where they play. If they are good, they should win. That's what good teams do. So stop trying to make excuses and just realize that KU lost to a better team.

Tyger

Can you explain all of the hatred for NU by MU fans? Is it jealousy that until this year, your program has been down for the last 40+ years while NU was "up" for the entirety of that timespan? It's not really a new concept that fans of programs from the same region, who have to play each other every year, begin to dislike each other.

If you want something to really chew on, though, I would contend that Mizzou fans and media do the most work toward creating ill-will toward their school and football program. I live in the KC area, and every f'ing day I have to read/hear a bunch of half-baked non-sense about a shift in the "balance of power" in the Big XII North, with Nebraska "losing relevance" and "no longer being a factor." Really, guys? After one season, Columbia is suddenly the capital of Big XII football? I know winning isn't your typical M.O., but I would have figured that even the greenest of "contenders" would realize that there are virtues like TRADITION and CONSISTENCY that usually factor into success. MU is having a great year, but have you really forgotten about the booger-eating beatdown of '06 at the hands of a woefully mediocre Nebraska team? Do you really think it's a good idea to paint this target on your chest right now? All of this chest-beating seems quite premature, and is done in poor form. And that is why my second favorite team every week of this season has been the one playing Missouri.