Players meeting with

Where is anyone getting from the LJS article that they'll be announcing a new coach? They said it would be to vote on MVP and other stuff. Anyway, seasons over why would a meeting be mandatory anyway?? Maybe they'll be taking about who they've talked to for new coaches. I can't believe a decision has been made this quick especially if Dr Tom said he hasn't talk to any coaches. My feeling is if Pelini is announced as the new coach, then they've been on contact for quite some time. Dr Tom is becoming quite the spin doctor his time in Washington has served him well for this job :)

Scott

Osborne said that a recruiting firm had contacted people to guage interest, etc., and that he would be talking to 4 or 5 people over the next few days. That appears to be exactly what has happened. I don't see how he has spun anything with respect to that statement.

supposedly our new coach tomorrow at 4 pm. Im positive about the meeting. Not positive about the new coach but why else would there be such a quick meeting called with the players??

HANG ON EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

This is what they said on WOWT website:

A Husker players meeting is set for 4 p.m. Tuesday. Channel 6 News cannot confirm this has anything to do with the search for a new coach, but we do know that AD Tom Osborne contacted LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini Sunday.

Big Red Insider Sean Callahan says even the seniors who wrapped up their Husker careers last Friday have been invited to attend.

The university says it is a normal post-season team meeting to discuss off-season schedules.

I'd put it at a 99.9% lock that Osborne won't hire Pelini

Oh yeah, I'd put a 99.999999% LOCK that Osborne already hired Pelini.....

now where are we?

I 100% agree with you on that.

Sorry. I'm only 99.99% in.

What will it take to get that extra .01% out of you?

Oh Kent, you can use percentages to prove anything 68% of people know that!

The extra 0.0000000001% for me is when I get a copy of the contract by certified mail or when I see Bo coaching 1's vs. 1's in the spring game.

Might just be the meeting to turn in their uniforms. Why would you bring in seniors to meet the new head coach?

That's a good question about why the seniors would be invited, but I don't think they call an official meeting to turn in their uniforms. But I agree that we can't just assume that it's to announce the new coach.

Heard on 590 that meeting tomorrow was regarding player awards...would explain why seniors were invited.

supposedly our new coach tomorrow at 4 pm. Im positive about the meeting. Not positive about the new coach but why else would there be such a quick meeting called with the players??

HANG ON EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

This is what they said on WOWT website:

A Husker players meeting is set for 4 p.m. Tuesday. Channel 6 News cannot confirm this has anything to do with the search for a new coach, but we do know that AD Tom Osborne contacted LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini Sunday.

Big Red Insider Sean Callahan says even the seniors who wrapped up their Husker careers last Friday have been invited to attend.

The university says it is a normal post-season team meeting to discuss off-season schedules.

can any former players or program people out there confirm that this team meeting is SOP... done similarly every year?

One rivals poster is friends with one current player and he said the following:

I asked him about the text messages everyone received. He said if events are not scheduled they will send out a text, it's nothing uncommon and a standard procedure for unscheduled events. He said however doesn't know exactly what it's about. He said it might be a house cleaning or whatever as some have suggested, but he does not know. He also said the players were scheduled to meet with Osborne on wednesday to get an update on everything, but he said their is a possibility that was moved up to tomorrow in connection with the text messages.

I asked him about the text messages everyone received. He said if events are not scheduled they will send out a text, it's nothing uncommon and a standard procedure for unscheduled events. He said however doesn't know exactly what it's about. He said it might be a house cleaning or whatever as some have suggested, but he does not know. He also said the players were scheduled to meet with Osborne on wednesday to get an update on everything, but he said their is a possibility that was moved up to tomorrow in connection with the text messages.

thanks for that h13, just searchin' for clues like everyone else...

Interesting!

HANG ON EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

So someones knoe something we dont knoe huh ?? :lol: dont you just hate when that happends??So their nameing the coach 2day @ 4?? Well i think gill might be in the running then becuzz the channel 8 news said hes in flordia on a recruting trip but who starts recruiting that early :lol: