NU doesn't want a black head coach

Pull from another board. This guy is an freakin idiot <_<<_<

Scott Voorhees

KFAB (1110 AM) morning talk show host Scott Voorhees baited listeners Tuesday with a topic that generated plenty of phone calls: There is talk that Nebraska football fans do not want Turner Gill to be the next head football coach because he is black.

"If you think I'm bringing this up just to get phone calls, you're wrong. You're absolutely wrong," Voorhees said.

KFAB's "Husker Insider" Sean Callahan of HuskersIllustrated.com, disagreed with Voorhees, discounting a former player's assessment to Voorhees that Husker fans don't appreciate blacks unless they are playing for the team. Once their eligibility is used up, the former player told Voorhees, fans could care less about Husker players who are black.

Callahan also said there was good reason that Gill was passed over for the interim head coaching job when former Husker Coach Frank Solich was fired in 2003. Omaha World-Herald columnist Tom Shatel pointed out in his column in Tuesday's editions that Gill held a higher position — assistant head coach - than Bo Pelini, who was named interim head coach for one game.

"A lot of people don't know this, but Jim Rose filled me in that Pelini had it written into his contract that he would become interim coach if the head coach was fired," Callahan said.

"If you think I'm bringing this up just to get phone calls, you're wrong. You're absolutely wrong," Voorhees said.

I think Voorhees brought this up just to get phone calls. :asshat

"There is talk that Nebraska football fans do not want Turner Gill to be the next head football coach because he is black."

Really? Where? Where is this talk? Who is saying this? When was it said?

This is complete BULLSH#T.

This really, really pisses me off.

This does bring up a good point though. Why did Pelini become the interim when Gill was the asst. HC? Isn't the HC in charge of the contracts with assistants? Why would Solich have put it in Pelini's contract unless he thought he would be the best if Solich were let go? IMO, it wasn't in Pelini's contract. Btw, the whole black thing is just stupid.

I think Voorhees brought this up just to get phone calls. :asshat

"There is talk that Nebraska football fans do not want Turner Gill to be the next head football coach because he is black."

Really? Where? Where is this talk? Who is saying this? When was it said?

This is complete BULLSH#T.

This really, really pisses me off.

Believe it or not, someone actually had the brass balls to make a post almost verbatim on Huskerboard a couple of days ago.

This does bring up a good point though. Why did Pelini become the interim when Gill was the asst. HC? Isn't the HC in charge of the contracts with assistants? Why would Solich have put it in Pelini's contract unless he thought he would be the best if Solich were let go? IMO, it wasn't in Pelini's contract. Btw, the whole black thing is just stupid.

Who says Solich put it in there, maybe Pedey did? Remember Solich was probably told he had to change his asst's up or lose his job. I don't think Solich was in control of most of that stuff. JMO