NU doesn't want a black head coach

Out of curiosity, what other Nebraska towns other than Omaha and Lincoln have a black community. I'm not taking about just a couple of families.

So that must mean they're automatically racist? That's one of the dumber things I've read today.

I didn't get that at all from what he asked. All he wanted to know was Nebraska's Black population. The numbers are what they are. How is that racist?

Out of curiosity, what other Nebraska towns other than Omaha and Lincoln have a black community. I'm not taking about just a couple of families.

So that must mean they're automatically racist? That's one of the dumber things I've read today.

No, but i'm willing to bet that there is a good number of people who have that sentiment. Western and Eastern Nebraska.

Does it matter what Nebraska fans want? Dr. Tom is certainly not racist. He will NOT allow race/ethnicity to become a factor in this search.

Having said that, I think the question that needs to be asked is, will Nebraska fans support Gill should he be named Head Coach? The answer is an obvious YES. Sure, there may be a person here or there who will make some ignorant remarks about Gill or make observations about how "articulate" he is...but these will be isolated incidents. These things will happen anywhere.

If Osborne introduces Turner Gill as the new head coach of the football program, the entire state of Nebraska will (willingly, not reluctantly) welcome him with open arms.

honestly.... what is that supposed to prove? maybe black people dont like nebraska, not the other way around!! :sarcasm

honestly.... what is that supposed to prove? maybe black people dont like nebraska, not the other way around!! :sarcasm

It's dumb to bring up something like this without proof. Osborne and Solich are both honorable men who would hire those who would best fit the system -- never about the color of their skin. I'm sure there have been cases of racism elsewhere, but there is no reason to believe it is happening here at the current time.

Who is this Scott Vorhees. Does he have sh#t for brains. Is he related to Jason?

Pull from another board. This guy is an freakin idiot <_<<_<

Scott Voorhees

KFAB (1110 AM) morning talk show host Scott Voorhees baited listeners Tuesday with a topic that generated plenty of phone calls: There is talk that Nebraska football fans do not want Turner Gill to be the next head football coach because he is black.

"If you think I'm bringing this up just to get phone calls, you're wrong. You're absolutely wrong," Voorhees said.

KFAB's "Husker Insider" Sean Callahan of HuskersIllustrated.com, disagreed with Voorhees, discounting a former player's assessment to Voorhees that Husker fans don't appreciate blacks unless they are playing for the team. Once their eligibility is used up, the former player told Voorhees, fans could care less about Husker players who are black.

Callahan also said there was good reason that Gill was passed over for the interim head coaching job when former Husker Coach Frank Solich was fired in 2003. Omaha World-Herald columnist Tom Shatel pointed out in his column in Tuesday's editions that Gill held a higher position — assistant head coach - than Bo Pelini, who was named interim head coach for one game.

"A lot of people don't know this, but Jim Rose filled me in that Pelini had it written into his contract that he would become interim coach if the head coach was fired," Callahan said.

You know, its sad to say but there may be something to this...my dad was the first one who brought it up several weeks ago and hes been a Husker fan for a VERY long time. I don't think its as big a deal for the population in the bigger cities, I think its the small town Nebraskansfrom what he said. I just want the best coach, he could be white, black, green, or purple for all I care.

Scott

:bonez