Did Pelini really interview?

According to LJS Blog, there has been no offer to Pelini

LJS Blog

Pelini remains in Louisiana

LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini remains in Baton Rouge, La., where he was in a staff meeting late this morning.

According to a source close to Pelini, he hasn't received an offer from Nebraska. He interviewed for the Husker job Sunday.

LSU is preparing for Saturday's SEC title game against Tennessee.

If Pelini were hired, I could see a situation in which Tom Osborne announced the hiring in Lincoln this week without having Pelini on hand. Pelini would then have his press conference Monday. We're just speculating here.

Also, a source close to Jim Grobe says that the Wake Forest coach has talked to Nebraska about its opening, according to The Sporting News.

The meeting took place in Atlanta. According to The Sporting News, Grobe met with Osborne and Harvey Perlman. No specifics were discussed, as it was more of an informal session, according to TSN.

Grobe has nine years left on his Wake deal, which pays him $1.5 million annually. He has a $2 million buyout.

And according to Miles, Pelini didn't interview for the job

LSU Notebook

BATON ROUGE — LSU coach Les Miles denied reports that his defensive coordinator Bo Pelini interviewed in Atlanta Sunday for the vacant Nebraska head coaching job

"Bo Pelini has not traveled to any place," Miles said Monday at his weekly press luncheon. "I have been with him every day. The only thing that I can tell you is I don't know what your information is, and I don't have a lot of information on it."

Pelini, a former very successful defensive coordinator at Nebraska in 2003, is considered among the top candidates to coach the Cornhuskers along with former Nebraska quarterback Turner Gill, who is the head coach at University at Buffalo. Pelini also served as Nebraska's interim coach for the Alamo Bowl following the 2003 season when head coach Frank Solich was let go. He led the Cornhuskers to a 17-3 victory over Michigan State.

Miles had been asked if he was considering letting other defensive coaches contribute more to the game plan for the Southeastern Conference Championship Game Saturday since Pelini may have been or will be busy traveling with regards to the Nebraska opening.

"I know that he is preparing our team for our season and the SEC championship," Miles said. "I can also say that I would recommend Bo Pelini to any school. I think he is a quality coach and wonderful colleague. He is focused on the task at hand, and I don't think he would have it any other way."

LSU, 10-2 and ranked No. 5 in the Associated Press poll, plays Tennessee, 9-3 and No. 14, at 3 p.m. Saturday in Atlanta for the SEC title. The Tigers fell from No. 1 in the Bowl Championship Series standings to No. 7 and most likely out of the BCS title game after Friday's loss to Arkansas.

Miles said he does not have to tell his coaches to wait until after the season to look for jobs.

"If I worked on a different staff, then that is probably something I would need to do," he said. "On this staff, I think everybody is on the same page. There is no individual goal or professional opportunity that is more important than representing this football team to the best of our ability. This is a quality group of men. This football staff enjoys going to work with these players. There are no other views. There are no quick phone calls. It is about attention to detail, improving and playing our best in this game."

Plus I think the LSU coaches would want to keep this underwraps since they have an SEC championship game this weekend to prepare for. They just lost their chance at a NC and they don't want the team distracted anymore I would think so they aren't going to say if he has been interviewed and it leaving or not.