I dont know much about him except that he is the coach at Navy and runs the Option. Am i correct? I do not want to go back to the option of Old, but to the Spread Option of New where the balance is 50/50.

Plus what type of Recruiter and Motivater is he? Is He Offensive or a Defensive Guy?

Thoughts?

I dont know much about him except that he is the coach at Navy and runs the Option. Am i correct? I do not want to go back to the option of Old, but to the Spread Option of New where the balance is 50/50.

Plus what type of Recruiter and Motivater is he? Is He Offensive or a Defensive Guy?

Thoughts?

I've heard he's pretty open to using any offense that best fits the personel on the team, which is a good thing. I hate it when coaches are married to an offensive system and try to force it on the wrong players. Currently running the Triple Option at Navy and it's working well there.

This guy would probably find the strengths of Ganz, Lee or Witt and see what his backs can do as far as catching the ball (Lucky)..... and determine the strength of the OL and build off of that.....

We know that the WR have potential, but don't necessarily block well..... I could see the "spread" with a lot of read option..... West Virginia style....

Please hire Paul Johnson.....and hopefully he will bring in a HUGE defensive coordinator..... maybe a Mike Stoops who will be looking for a job...

This guy would probably find the strengths of Ganz, Lee or Witt and see what his backs can do as far as catching the ball (Lucky)..... and determine the strength of the OL and build off of that.....

We know that the WR have potential, but don't necessarily block well..... I could see the "spread" with a lot of read option..... West Virginia style....

Please hire Paul Johnson.....and hopefully he will bring in a HUGE defensive coordinator..... maybe a Mike Stoops who will be looking for a job...

In the short term I would think he would run the WCO. its not like we werent scoring points with ganz. with so many other problem I would stick with the one thing that worked

Actually, Paul Johnson runs the ball. He ran it at Hawaii, he ran it at Georgia Southern, and he runs it at Navy. He is good at that though. Very good at it. But I prefer the forward pass, so he is not among my top two choices.

From his BIO:

While at Hawai'i, Johnson developed a successful offensive unit which earned top-20 I-A statistical rankings in scoring offense, total offense and rushing offense during six of his eight seasons.

Georgia Southern produced 300 yards or more of total offense in 53 of its last-59 games and picked up 400-plus yards of total offense in 45 of the last-59 contests. Fullback Adrian Peterson rushed for 6,736 yards in his career, the most in the history of Division I football.

In addition to Georgia Southern's 62-10 mark, the Eagles scored (39.7 points per game), picked up rushing yards (360.3 yards per game), passing yards (108.6 yards per game) and total yards (468.8 yards per game).

Paul Johnson Bio