94 National Title team

chucker21

hey i have to do some stuff for school and i have to write a report on whatever i want so i decided i would do it on the 94 national title team but i cannot find enough good information about all the ups and downs the team went through except for the quarterback headaches so i figured i'd post and ask the masters so please help me out tell me everything

Huskers may have been pitty voted a title because good ole tommy never won a title before, but they certainly werent the best team. And the country realized this and felt bad, which is why we now have the BCS. Voters did not want to feel guilty about letting their emotions influence their vote between two teams. (Where one coach, who was a 'nice guy' but had never reached the top of the mountain) How lucky you guys were that PSU had Rose Bowl obligations. Good for tommy.

Wow...that's a huge amount of potential topics there. The secret to writing like this is forcus on a narrow topic. That will make the subject more manageable to write about and easier to research (though sometimes you have to do some reading to define what topics there actually are to write about).

If you're going to write a report pick one aspect of that year like Frazier getting slighted for the Heisman or maybe some of the peculiarities of the offensive or defensive schemes they used or conpare and contrast the 94-95 NC teams with other back to back NC winners.

I haven't read it all the way through (sorta got...er...sleepy... :blink: ), but I'm sure TO's "Faith in the Game" has some nifty anectdotes about those teams that might get you started.

One other trick I've used before is to just photocopy the table of contents and/or index of books about the subject you're researching before you start your research in earnest - then you can peruse how other people have divided the subject up to help you narrow your topic.

Anyway, good luck!

IRISH!

It would probably be more accurate if you wrote about Penn State in 1994. Thats if you are writing about the 94 National Champs. I can give you plenty of information if you want.

As much as I love the Huskers, that championship needed to be shared. Penn St. beat up on the Big 10 that year. Even with a bad Michigan team, Big 10 is never easy.

Should have been a split. Collins, Carter and Co. were potent.

It would probably be more accurate if you wrote about Penn State in 1994.  Thats if you are writing about the 94 National Champs.  I can give you plenty of information if you want.

As much as I love the Huskers, that championship needed to be shared. Penn St. beat up on the Big 10 that year. Even with a bad Michigan team, Big 10 is never easy.

Should have been a split. Collins, Carter and Co. were potent.

youre a good man eric

Eric might be nice about this but I'm not. Are you kidding? That PSU team was so one dimensional it wasn't even funny.

I supposed you'll break out SOS and Margin of victory.......

NU beat #2 Colorado by 17 and #3 Miami in Miami by 7. Name one win on PSU's schedule that could compare to either of these. NU also beat #19 KSU on the road by 11. PSU beat no team ranked higher than #10.

PSU only played only 1 team with less then 4 losses, USC, who was 8-3-1.

NU beat 9 bowl teams, PSU beat 5.

NU scored 24 on Miami's top ranked defense (including Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis) in Miami. PSU gave up 20 to an average Oregon team. How much would NU have scored on that pourous D? 30? 35?

How much would PSU have scored on NU? Remember CU, a similiarly explosive offense (Kordell Stewart and Heisman Rashaan Salaam) managed all of 7 points. I think we can safely say NU's defense that year was better than Oregon's who held PSU to 36.

NU 35, PSU 17

The voters knew what they were doing.

Tommie knows his stuff. I agree 100%, NU would have had a much easier time with PSU on neutral turf than Miami at home. I actually think PSU was the 3rd best team in the nation that year behind NU and Miami. If you would like to see the NC trophies from that year, come to Lincoln for a game sometime, they are most impressive!

Eric might be nice about this but I'm not. Are you kidding? That PSU team was so one dimensional it wasn't even funny.

I supposed you'll break out SOS and Margin of victory.......

NU beat #2 Colorado by 17 and #3 Miami in Miami by 7. Name one win on PSU's schedule that could compare to either of these. NU also beat #19 KSU on the road by 11. PSU beat no team ranked higher than #10.

PSU only played only 1 team with less then 4 losses, USC, who was 8-3-1.

NU beat 9 bowl teams, PSU beat 5.

NU scored 24 on Miami's top ranked defense (including Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis) in Miami. PSU gave up 20 to an average Oregon team. How much would NU have scored on that pourous D? 30? 35?

How much would PSU have scored on NU? Remember CU, a similiarly explosive offense (Kordell Stewart and Heisman Rashaan Salaam) managed all of 7 points. I think we can safely say NU's defense that year was better than Oregon's who held PSU to 36.

NU 35, PSU 17

The voters knew what they were doing.

Good stuff TT. Welcome to the board.