Elmo & Coz not recruiting

IMO this is bullsh#t. I dont really care for either Coz or Elmo, but they are getting paid & I think its bullsh#t that they're not out recruiting for NU. There are other assistants who know that theres probably a pretty good chance they wont get hired again once the new coach is hired but they're still out recruiting for Nebraska. As long as these 2 are getting paid, they should be out recruiting for Nebraska. IMO this is bullsh#t

IMO this is bullsh#t. I dont really care for either Coz or Elmo, but they are getting paid & I think its bullsh#t that they're not out recruiting for NU. There are other assistants who know that theres probably a pretty good chance they wont get hired again once the new coach is hired but they're still out recruiting for Nebraska. As long as these 2 are getting paid, they should be out recruiting for Nebraska. IMO this is bullsh#t

I'd rather not have a couple of disgruntled assistants going out to recruit. I think they'd do more harm than good.

guys, it's not that they refuse to go recruiting...you're only allowed like 7 coaches to go out and recruit. They obviously just weren't chosen to do so.

Exactly. While this is only my second post, I'm utterly amazed about how people fly off the handle.....even when they make assumptions that are not correct. For example, this whole notion about "I don't want Nebraska to return to the triple option". Folks, if you think Nebraska ran the triple option under Tom Osborne, you really need to step back. The handoff to the fullback was predetermined by the play-call. The option was to pitch to the tailback or keep, but not to the fullback. It has been speculated that Osborne experimented a little bit with the triple option toward the end, but it was never, ever a focal point of the offense. The fullback ripping off huge gains up the middle was a predetermined play, as evidenced by the pulling guard smashing the penetrating defensive tackle.

I believe they said the assistant coaches would be paid through next year and that as long as they assisted with recruiting they could have the possibility of being retained should the new coach want them...

We know that ain't gonna happen though!

There can only be 7 coaches out recruiting at one time, these two (thank God) happened to be #8 & #9.