QB Depth??

Wow, stealing this guy from top programs like Memphis, Maryland, Marshall, Illinois and Troy, what a huge haul!!!

I wouldnt expect qb play to improve at all next year over this, no matter who the qb is. The worst coast O, especially the one run by bill the Idiot, is way too complicated for any college student to pick up in 5 years, let alone one.

Wow, stealing this guy from top programs like Memphis, Maryland, Marshall, Illinois and Troy, what a huge haul!!!

I wouldnt expect qb play to improve at all next year over this, no matter who the qb is. The worst coast O, especially the one run by bill the Idiot, is way too complicated for any college student to pick up in 5 years, let alone one.

I guess we'll just forget the fact that Spurrier would love for Beck to come to play at South Carolina. Also, we'll just forget that he is the number 4 rated "Pro" style QB, via rivals.com. It's funny what you learn when you read. ;) Are ratings everything? Of course not. However it gives you an idea of what the people who breathe college recruiting think.

So in your mind recruits are only as good as the schools that recruit them? Way to stick it to players that haven't even touched foot on campus yet. :thumbs

I guess we'll just forget the fact that Spurrier would love for Beck to come to play at South Carolina. Also, we'll just forget that he is the number 4 rated "Pro" style QB, via rivals.com. It's funny what you learn when you read. ;) Are ratings everything? Of course not. However it gives you an idea of what the people who breathe college recruiting think.

So in your mind recruits are only as good as the schools that recruit them? Way to stick it to players that haven't even touched foot on campus yet. :thumbs

Hey Dave, although you make good points - a QB should not be judged solely based on who ELSE is recruiting him - Im pretty sure formerfan was referring to Zac Taylor, who was only recruited by a handful of other schools, and none were top tier. On the other hand, here is the list of schools that had offered Beck: Over 20 including Neb, Miami, Fla., Fla. St., Mich., Ole Miss, N.C. St.

:horns2

Hey Dave, although you make good points - a QB should not be judged solely based on who ELSE is recruiting him - Im pretty sure formerfan was referring to Zac Taylor, who was only recruited by a handful of other schools, and none were top tier. On the other hand, here is the list of schools that had offered Beck: Over 20 including Neb, Miami, Fla., Fla. St., Mich., Ole Miss, N.C. St.

:horns2

Ah. For some reason I thought he was reffering to Beck.

My opinion.. it's still up for grabs. Dailey did struggle this season, but HB / ZT are freshmen. I think with HB / ZT / and JD all competing, they will all get better in the off season. I think the only way Dailey will get moved down will be if a. he doesn't improve much or b. one of these freshman just looks outstanding.

Gee, we were told that when bill the Idiot was hired that he was the recruiting guru, that he was going head to head with the big boys, and taking all the big name recruits. In reality (with very few exceptions) he has "stolen" recruits from the "major programs" UNLV, Murray St, Troy, Memphis, Ball St., Arkansas, Iowa St, Kansas, etc. etc. I thought that the whole idea in getting callahan to come to NU was to bring in a #1 rated recruiting class, but when he is just picking up the scraps and rejects from other schools, that isnt going to raise the talent level.

He has yet to strike fear in the hearts of OU, USC, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Miami, UT, Tenn, Mich, Ohio St, et al.

BTW, I was referring to Taylor, amazing what you learn when you read!! :waste

Gee, we were told that when bill the Idiot was hired that he was the recruiting guru, that he was going head to head with the big boys, and taking all the big name recruits. In reality (with very few exceptions) he has "stolen" recruits from the "major programs" UNLV, Murray St, Troy, Memphis, Ball St., Arkansas, Iowa St, Kansas, etc. etc. I thought that the whole idea in getting callahan to come to NU was to bring in a #1 rated recruiting class, but when he is just picking up the scraps and rejects from other schools, that isnt going to raise the talent level.

He has yet to strike fear in the hearts of OU, USC, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Miami, UT, Tenn, Mich, Ohio St, et al.

As Snoop would say, you are on that sticky icky icky icky. :smokin

I think #1 recruiting class in the nation is making everyone take notice, even "OU, USC, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Miami, UT, Tenn, Mich, Ohio St, et al." Taylor is helping provide depth at a position where the Huskers are in need of depth. Check out some of Eric the Red's post in the recruiting forum. Nebraska is wooing lots of recruits, some of them away from the other football powers. BTW, if you're a formerfan, why do you waste your time posting about something you no longer like?

The fact of the matter is that any coach that is worth his salt in recruiting is going to go after guys that will thrive on his football team, regardless of what their "rank" is. In my mind, that is the mark of a good recruiter. Callahan wants to go after the top guys in the country. Does that mean that every recruit is going to be the top guy in the country? No, because a good recruiter brings kids in that will do well on his team. Taylor will add depth, hopefully compete at one of the weakest positions right now and bring the level of play at that position up. That's one of the main reasons he was recruited. Afterall, he said it himself.

The whole point of bringing Callahan in was NOT to have the #1 recruiting class every year. One of the points was to be able to lure kids here that would thrive, something that hasn't been done in the last 5-6 years at least. That's something that Frank always struggled with. It's real wonder he hasn't been snatched up yet. ;)

He has yet to strike fear in the hearts of top schools like USC? I guess stealing Marlon Lucky out of their own back yard is nothing to worry about. BTW, have you called these schools and asked "Hey, has Bill Callahan filled your heart with fear yet?" :woo

Check out the recruiting forum. It's neat.

As Snoop would say, you are on that sticky icky icky icky. :smokin

I think #1 recruiting class in the nation is making everyone take notice, even "OU, USC, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Miami, UT, Tenn, Mich, Ohio St, et al." Taylor is helping provide depth at a position where the Huskers are in need of depth. Check out some of Eric the Red's post in the recruiting forum. Nebraska is wooing lots of recruits, some of them away from the other football powers. BTW, if you're a formerfan, why do you waste your time posting about something you no longer like?

The #1 class in the country in early Dec. when the majority of the top recruits have yet to commit, and bill the Idiot is almost out of scholarships, because apparently, you need 7 qbs on scholarship to run the Worst Coast Offense. I have yet to see any recruits that NU has stolen from other top programs, mostly from the likes of Houston and Ball St. If callahan is such a great recruiter, why do we need 2 more qbs to go with the 2 that were here when he got here, and the 3 he got last year? :wtf

I used to love NU football, spent tons of time and money on that program, have tons of memorablia and I used to plan my fall weekends around the games. I love everything the USED to be, but pederson and callahan have taken that from me, and it really chaps my @$$. I cant even tell you how p----d I am to see the program that I one loved destroyed by some a-hole with a personal vendetta against the former coach.

Again, if bill the idiot couldnt pull off a .500 season with a 10-3 team from the year before, what makes you think that he is the guy to turn this program back into an annual player for the NC?

Gee, we were told that when bill the Idiot was hired that he was the recruiting guru, that he was going head to head with the big boys, and taking all the big name recruits.  In reality (with very few exceptions) he has "stolen" recruits from the "major programs" UNLV, Murray St, Troy, Memphis, Ball St., Arkansas, Iowa St, Kansas, etc. etc. I thought that the whole idea in getting callahan to come to NU was to bring in a #1 rated recruiting class, but when he is just picking up the scraps and rejects from other schools, that isnt going to raise the talent level.

The fact of the matter is that any coach that is worth his salt in recruiting is going to go after guys that will thrive on his football team, regardless of what their "rank" is. In my mind, that is the mark of a good recruiter. Callahan wants to go after the top guys in the country. Does that mean that every recruit is going to be the top guy in the country? No, because a good recruiter brings kids in that will do well on his team. Taylor will add depth, hopefully compete at one of the weakest positions right now and bring the level of play at that position up. That's one of the main reasons he was recruited. Afterall, he said it himself.

The whole point of bringing Callahan in was NOT to have the #1 recruiting class every year. One of the points was to be able to lure kids here that would thrive, something that hasn't been done in the last 5-6 years at least. That's something that Frank always struggled with. It's real wonder he hasn't been snatched up yet. ;)

He has yet to strike fear in the hearts of top schools like USC? I guess stealing Marlon Lucky out of their own back yard is nothing to worry about. BTW, have you called these schools and asked "Hey, has Bill Callahan filled your heart with fear yet?" :woo

Check out the recruiting forum. It's neat.

Problem is, Osborne was a great coach and could plug players into a system, even ones who werent as talented, and win. callahan is a horrible coach who cant teach or develop players.

Most of the guys that have committed were not even recruited heavily by the top schools, like I pointed out, most of the commits from him were considering middle tier schools. Do you really think that this a talent upgrade? They have to top class right now because of sheer numbers, much like Virginia, not because of the quality of the players.

Gee, I thought that pederson said (lied) that the reason he brought in callahan was to get the top players and top classes, but I suppose that was just more hot air spewed by steve?

I have yet to see any recruits that NU has stolen from other top programs, mostly from the likes of Houston and Ball St.

Go to rivals100.com and look at the other schools recruiting these kids. Where is there any mention of Ball St? Do you actually read the stories about these kids and the schools going after them or just make them up in your head? If you look you will see some that have been taken from USC, Oklahoma, Florida, and so on. Read up then post.

I have yet to see any recruits that NU has stolen from other top programs, mostly from the likes of Houston and Ball St.

Go to rivals100.com and look at the other schools recruiting these kids. Where is there any mention of Ball St? Do you actually read the stories about these kids and the schools going after them or just make them up in your head? If you look you will see some that have been taken from USC, Oklahoma, Florida, and so on. Read up then post.

I guess you had better go look at Rivals, with the exception of Beck, Lucky, Bowman, Picou, and Dillard, most of these guys werent recruited by top teams. I saw UTEP, Marshall, Iowas St, Arkansas, Troy, A&M, Ok St, Arizona, UCLA, Wash St, Mizzou, K St mentioned alot. All teams that are are not exactly NC contenders.

So out of 24 recruits, 5 were sought after by top teams, or are you reading a different Rivals than I am (possibly the one in Fantasy Land,you know where callahan leads NU to a National Championship)????????????????

(tongue buried firmly in cheeck).

I guess you had better go look at Rivals, with the exception of Beck, Lucky, Bowman, Picou, and Dillard, most of these guys werent recruited by top teams. I saw UTEP, Marshall, Iowas St, Arkansas, Troy, A&M, Ok St, Arizona, UCLA, Wash St, Mizzou, K St mentioned alot. All teams that are are not exactly NC contenders.

So out of 24 recruits, 5 were sought after by top teams, or are you reading a different Rivals than I am???????????????? (tongue buried firmly in cheeck).

Louisville, Ohio St, Iowa, California. Were these teams not good enough to make your list? I blieve DT Jones was being recruited by OU and Texas. Texas A&M and Okie St. were pretty good teams.IMO Oh as far as Arizona there is nothing wrong with beating out Mike Stoops for players.